Windows 10: Touchpad software not working? Fixed.

Discus and support Touchpad software not working? Fixed. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My touchpad would not work in 10. After ages of trials and errors found the attched url. Read instructions - you may need to install earlier verion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Oct 3, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

Touchpad software not working? Fixed.

My touchpad would not work in 10. After ages of trials and errors found the attched url. Read instructions - you may need to install earlier verion first, linked on page.

I went to the attached url and found instructions. It didnt work at first and it took out my keyboard drivers (asus laptop X553M). So I went back to site and downloaded the earlier version (all 64) and installed it correctly, you will maybe get error messages which is files in use but click continue and install completed then reboot. Then keyboard is back. Then go back to site and download and install the latest version again and it works and my touchpad is working for the first time in 10.

ASUS Smart Gesture and Windows 10 (touchpad solution) - Ivan Ridao Freitas

:)

elbmek, Oct 3, 2015

2. MSFT have you fixed the scrolling issue yet? Ever thought to answer your customers questions? I think not.

We are not Microsoft but volunteers who give our time to help others. I will be glad to help you as long as you are polite and cooperative. I have a Lenovo G500 and though I use a mouse, have noticed some changes in touchpad that are different than I'd
    seen before due to introduction of gestures in Windows 8/10.

Does your Lenovo use two finger scrolling as mine does, or use an invisible scroll area on the edge of the touchpad?

Go to the Lenovo Support Downloads webpage for your make/model and download to install the lastest Touchpad software.

The software should be available at Control Panel>Mouse, sometimes on its own tab added by the software. There you may find controls for adjusting the scrolling, and if your Lenovo is like mine may find it only scrolls with two fingers, or perhaps uses
    a scroll area on the edge of your touchpad. These variations are easy to get hung up on.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Jumping Cursor Fix

This is an easy issue to resolve by updating the touchpad software on your PC. I gave the exact steps how to do this including Illustrated links to click to prevent cursor jump which is caused by dragging your palm across the touchpad when you use a mouse.
    It is resolved by ticking the box to disable the touchpad while the mouse is connected, in the mouse settings on a special tab which only appears when the correct touchpad software is installed for your PC.

I have helped tens of thousands of consumers in forums without a single failure by those who work with me. Millions more have followed my Clean Install tutorials online also with never one failure. I will not let you fail, so stop worrying.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

Touchpad software not working? Fixed.

1. Touchpad software not working? Fixed. - Similar Threads - Touchpad software working

2. ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    ASUS laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]: [IMG]If your ASUS laptop touchpad is not working, you can use the suggestions provided in this article. These fixes will surely help you. The touchpad is one of the important parts of a laptop. A non-working or non-responding touchpad can create problems for some users, as...
  3. Lenovo laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]: [IMG]This article lists some fixes you can use if your Lenovo laptop touchpad is not working. Usually, this issue occurs due to corrupted touchpad drivers or a disabled touchpad. We suggest you restart your laptop and see if it helps. Sometimes, problems occur due to a minor...
  4. Dell laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Dell laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]: [IMG]This article shows how to troubleshoot and fix the issue if your Dell laptop touchpad is not working. Some of the possible causes of this problem are a corrupt touchpad driver, the touchpad being disabled, a hardware fault, etc. Fix Dell laptop Touchpad not working If...
  5. windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.: i'm not in tablet mode, yet my windows 10 is behaving like it is in tablet mode by including some desktop mode features and some tablet mode features. i am not able to use my physical keyboard it is not a hardware issue, my keyboard works just fine in BIOS and start up as...
  6. windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.: i'm not in tablet mode, yet my windows 10 is behaving like it is in tablet mode by including some desktop mode features and some tablet mode features. i am not able to use my physical keyboard it is not a hardware issue, my keyboard works just fine in BIOS and start up as...
  7. How to fix Dell Touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Dell Touchpad not working?: Hardware menu show program exists but when searched under commands in attempt to uninstall and reinstall drivers. Its like it doesnt even exist in my laptop. need to know what to do. I've followed youtube videos. The laptop does not have an on/off feature for the touchpad....
  8. How to fix Dell Touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Dell Touchpad not working?: Hardware menu show program exists but when searched under commands in attempt to uninstall and reinstall drivers. Its like it doesnt even exist in my laptop. need to know what to do. I've followed youtube videos. The laptop does not have an on/off feature for the touchpad....
  9. Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software: Hi Microsoft Community, I would like to ask a question about the TouchPad Driver that Windows automatically installed for me. So, I have been using Windows 10 for 5 months and the first boot it automatically installed a TouchPad Driver for me. I did not notice that and I...
  10. Touchpad will not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad will not work: I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I have tried the following - uninstalling and reinstalling drivers - ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and...