Windows 10: Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.

Discus and support Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a thinkpad yoga 14 with the active pen digitizer. One really annoying thing that seems to have popped up when I switched to 10 makes it nearly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThaHypnotoad, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.

I own a thinkpad yoga 14 with the active pen digitizer. One really annoying thing that seems to have popped up when I switched to 10 makes it nearly impossible to use the pen.

Essentially, the pen itself works, however attempts to use the touchscreen simply do not work for some undefined amount of time. When in laptop mode the time is approximately half a second.

When in tablet mode it ranges from 5 to 15 seconds.

Makes it really hard to use one note properly since you can't just use the pen.

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

:)

ThaHypnotoad, Jun 30, 2016
  2. amantica Win User

Touchscreen making some websites unusable

They are not hover menus. If I have a touchscreen enabled device, if I use a mouse to click on the menu, the menu items do not display. However, as soon as I disable the touchscreen I can use my mouse to click on the menus.

I am not trying to use my finger, stylus, etc. But I was making the comparison that this only appears to be a problem on Microsoft devices with enabled touchscreens.

amantica, Jun 30, 2016
  3. matttye Win User
    Nokia N900

Capacitive touchscreens:

- Better visibility in sunlight.

- Touches are more accurate.

- More resistant to scratches as glass is usually used as the outer layer.

In that comparison the only benefits for resistive are 1) you can use a stylus with them and 2) they operate in a wider range of temperatures. Only one of those counts because special styluses can still work with capacitive touchscreens - google "pogo iPhone
    stylus" Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use. :)

matttye, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.

IDK if we're allowed to bump threads but... bump?

ThaHypnotoad, Jul 6, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    You can do a System Restore to a time before this happened.
    Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, scroll down to Human Interface Devices Is there a yellow flag or Red X next to HID-compliant touch screen. If a red x, it is disabled, right click and Enable it.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.

1. Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use. - Similar Threads - Touchscreen disabled period

2. Computer randomly slows down periodically after some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly slows down periodically after some time: I wiped my entire computer clean, but the issue still persists. After a while, whatever I do, there's a FPS lag when playing any game, video, or even just dragging a window around. I know it's not an issue of too many processes running at once because this occurs even if I...
  3. Computer randomly slows down periodically after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly slows down periodically after some time: I wiped my entire computer clean, but the issue still persists. After a while, whatever I do, there's a FPS lag when playing any game, video, or even just dragging a window around. I know it's not an issue of too many processes running at once because this occurs even if I...
  4. Computer randomly slows down periodically after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 performance gets poor after some period of time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 performance gets poor after some period of time.: Hi, everyone. I have an issue with Win11 poor performance. It's not really noticeable when i do a common stuff such as internet surfing, coding, watching movies etc. But it really bothers me when i play video games. Heavy performance drop in all game titles i hadn't any...
  6. Windows 11 performance gets poor after some period of time.

Windows 11 performance gets poor after some period of time.: Hi, everyone. I have an issue with Win11 poor performance. It's not really noticeable when i do a common stuff such as internet surfing, coding, watching movies etc. But it really bothers me when i play video games. Heavy performance drop in all game titles i hadn't any...
  7. Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5: Hi all, as the title says my touchscreen and pen are not responding on my IdeaPad 5. I've tried enabling and reinstalling all the drivers. Rebooting and resetting my computer, the works. I've tried everything there is online and it's still not working. I downloaded lenovo...
  8. Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5

Stylus and Touchscreen not working on IdeaPad 5: Hi all, as the title says my touchscreen and pen are not responding on my IdeaPad 5. I've tried enabling and reinstalling all the drivers. Rebooting and resetting my computer, the works. I've tried everything there is online and it's still not working. I downloaded lenovo...
  9. Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best stylus for touchscreen Notebook PC?: I am a digital artist using Paint Tool Sai and have an Asus Q505u Notebook PC. I bought the Wacom Bamboo Ink at Best Buy two years ago when I first bought my laptop and was told it was the only pen they sold compatible with the laptop. I used it for a year and half and was...
  10. ethernet becomes disabled after some time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet becomes disabled after some time: Hi, i recently updated to windows 10. I'm having some difficulties regarding internet through Ethernet on It. what usually happens is i am able to surf the Ethernet for around 10 minutes, then the ethernet adapter just quits on me. So i run the network trouble shooter and...