Windows 10: touchscreen disabled when screen switches off

Discus and support touchscreen disabled when screen switches off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In win7 and win8.1, i could set the screen of my tablet (Lenovo Miix3) to switch off after 3 min (not sleep, just switch off the screen). Tapping the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aag, Sep 19, 2015.

1. AAG
    aag Win User

touchscreen disabled when screen switches off

In win7 and win8.1, i could set the screen of my tablet (Lenovo Miix3) to switch off after 3 min (not sleep, just switch off the screen). Tapping the touchscreen would bring it immediately to life again.

With win10, this does not happen. I need to click the on/off button to bring up the screen. So, it seems that Win10 switches off the touchscreen electronics. This is not a hardware issue, because previous Windows versions would let me switch off the touchscreen backlight but retain its sensitivity to touch (and therefore switching on upon tapping).

What do I need to do to restore the standard behavior (tappable touchscreen after switchoff) in Win10?

:)

2. N97 Mini - loses Compass calibration and Map orientation

Did try, was not able to do that.

Backlight setting to "Always" in the map-software.

Nevertheless, i have to lock the N97mini before putting it back, in order to disable the touchscreen. And with that, the screen switches off the screen, also backlight.

After taking it out again, no compass ...... 8 8 8 8 8 8 8

;-)

noplayback---01, Sep 19, 2015
  3. os2lover Win User
    N8 contacts and profiles problem

It's also in the Profile settings, at the bottom you have

Touch screen vibration -> set it to off

You also have

Touch screen tones -> enables/disables tones when you use the touchscreen

os2lover, Sep 19, 2015
  4. AAG
    aag Win User

Bump. Am I really the only one experiencing this issue?

Thema:

1. touchscreen disabled when screen switches off - Similar Threads - touchscreen disabled screen

2. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Touchscreen Disabled: I just installed the update and started having issues: my mouse kept freezing and my touchscreen was disabled. I had to enable this through device manager. I just wanted to drop this on the forum in case someone else is experiencing the same issues....
  3. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Touchscreen Disabled: I just installed the update and started having issues: my mouse kept freezing and my touchscreen was disabled. I had to enable this through device manager. I just wanted to drop this on the forum in case someone else is experiencing the same issues....
  4. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disabling part of touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling part of touchscreen: I have ghost touches on the right edge of my samsung xe700t1a with windows 10. Is it possible to disable part of the touch screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-part-of-touchscreen/1ed585ed-0613-4b47-9136-6e5ef5fc9627
  6. Disabling touchscreen

Disabling touchscreen: I have an intermittent ghost input on the touchscreen of my Dell 2710 all in one. I have set the touchgate to 0 and rebooted and after some use the screen becomes active again. I have I uninstalled the touchscreen drive in Device manager but it reinstalls after a reboot...
  7. How to disable touchscreen when in standby mode?

How to disable touchscreen when in standby mode?: Hello everyone, as in the subject my issue is related with the touch screen as in standby mode. Until now, when I activated this mode even if I touched the screen, the screen remained sleeping. But now, maybe for some updates, it's no more working in that way and...
  8. Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode

Automatically enable touchscreen when switching to tablet mode: Hi everyone, I usually keep the touchscreen disabled on my 2-1 Dell Inspiron 15 5579 (Windows 10), to save battery when it is not needed, but when I switch to tablet mode it is obviously necessary to enable it. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the activation of...
  9. Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off

Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off: Hi, I have 2 monitors in use with several windows each. Sometimes i switch one off as i don't need it (watch a movie on one). What happens: windows thinks I disconnected the monitor and disables it and moves all windows to the last monitor. I don't want that behaviour as I...
  10. Screen resolution changes when monitor switched off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution changes when monitor switched off: Due to upgrading my M2 sytem boot drive I've had to reinstall Windows 10 and I've come across a plethora of problems that I had when first installed it last year. This one I know there is a Reg fix for it but trying to find it has proved fruitless. I have a 4k monitor and...