Windows 10: Touchscreen on laptop becoming disabled

Discus and support Touchscreen on laptop becoming disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I am working on a laptop and have been for quite a while now, and HP isn't willing to help. The issue I am seeing with it is the touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechGuru, Dec 29, 2016.

1. TechGuru Win User

Touchscreen on laptop becoming disabled

Hello! I am working on a laptop and have been for quite a while now, and HP isn't willing to help.

The issue I am seeing with it is the touch screen not working. The model is an HP ProBook 440 G2. I have about 30 of these laptops having this issue.

When I go into Device Manager, I can disable and re-enable the monitor or disable and re-enable the "HID Touch screen," which results in the touch screen working for about 3-5 minutes, before it stops working again. The devices are still enabled in device manager and absolutely nothing changed (I checked device manager, event viewer, event viewer for the specific devices in device manager and their logs). It just...stops working. The laptops are running Windows 10, and the "drivers" being used for the touch screen is just the standard 2006 Windows generic driver. I have about 4,000 more of these 440 G2 laptops that use the same basic driver and Windows 10, but this specific set of 30 laptops have this issue.

I tried to see if there was some power saving option, but there is not as it is a basic driver.

I tried using different Windows 10 iso installations to see if it was an image-specific issue, but even the stock ISO has the issue.

Not sure if anyone could help me with this...but perhaps there is some secret setting or tweak somewhere that needs to be done to resolve this.

NOTE: The touchscreen works fine and constantly in the BIOS.

I am also going to image the laptop to Windows 7 and see if it has the same issue.

:)

TechGuru, Dec 29, 2016

2. Touchscreen mode has disabled on my laptop.

I own a Dell Inspiron 15,7000 series using Windows 10. I have been using the touch screen mode for the past year. Suddenly a few days ago, the touch screen mode got disabled on my laptop. Can you enable back the touch screen mode on my laptop. I would
    really appreciate your help. Thank you.

RobertShaar, Dec 29, 2016
  3. my touchscreen has become disabled on my dell inspirion laptop

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please try below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.
    Method 2:

Please try to un-install and install latest Touch Screen driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Tap or click the Driver tab, tap or click Uninstall

Download and install the latest touchpad drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Touchscreen on laptop becoming disabled

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
Thema:

Touchscreen on laptop becoming disabled

1. Touchscreen on laptop becoming disabled - Similar Threads - Touchscreen laptop becoming

2. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Touchscreen Disabled: I just installed the update and started having issues: my mouse kept freezing and my touchscreen was disabled. I had to enable this through device manager. I just wanted to drop this on the forum in case someone else is experiencing the same issues....
  3. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Touchscreen Disabled: I just installed the update and started having issues: my mouse kept freezing and my touchscreen was disabled. I had to enable this through device manager. I just wanted to drop this on the forum in case someone else is experiencing the same issues....
  4. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  6. Disabling part of touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling part of touchscreen: I have ghost touches on the right edge of my samsung xe700t1a with windows 10. Is it possible to disable part of the touch screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-part-of-touchscreen/1ed585ed-0613-4b47-9136-6e5ef5fc9627
  7. Disabling touchscreen

Disabling touchscreen: I have an intermittent ghost input on the touchscreen of my Dell 2710 all in one. I have set the touchgate to 0 and rebooted and after some use the screen becomes active again. I have I uninstalled the touchscreen drive in Device manager but it reinstalls after a reboot...
  8. Keyboard on Laptop regularly becomes disabled

Keyboard on Laptop regularly becomes disabled: I know how to fix it on each occasion by disabling and re-enabling the 12C HID Device in Device Mgr. but want to find out if there is something I'm doing which causes it. Drivers and Win. 10 are updated....
  9. HID Touchscreen driver will not disable

HID Touchscreen driver will not disable: Hi gurus, My Surface Pro has a touchscreen issue pressure points randomly appearing on screen, due to a badly replaced screen, so I need to disable the HID Touchscreen driver. But 9 times out of 10 when I restart, the driver says disabled - but the touchscreen is still...
  10. Laptop touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop touchscreen: Got up this morning and the touchscreen has a pink/green hue. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-touchscreen/4b1cdcb5-44cc-4283-8ebc-5fb326f2b079