Windows 10: Touchscreen Performance

Discus and support Touchscreen Performance in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I'm having some problems with the way windows responds to touch. When I drag a window about, there is a little bit of lag obviously - I expect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by albatrossone, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Touchscreen Performance

Hi

I'm having some problems with the way windows responds to touch. When I drag a window about, there is a little bit of lag obviously - I expect that - however when I stop moving my finger the window doesn't go straight to where my finger is, it kind of decelerates to where my finger is - its slightly different from the effect of lag.

I have two touchscreen laptops with Windows 10 which don't do this - windows just zip to where your finger is, but on the desktop its a slightly strange gradual slowing.

Screen is a DELL P2314T. Button presses don't feel at all laggy. If I take my finger off the screen whilst moving a window it will stop moving instantly. It feels like a visual effect that I ought to be able to turn off but I can find any settings for it and have combed the registry to no avail.

Main reason this matters is that I want to control faders in a DAW and this effect has the impact of making this much less snappy - almost as if the movement is damped or smoothed or something. Any suggestions oln how I might change this would be very gratefully received!

I've tried all the obvious registry settings - touch prediction, friction, inertia etc but nothing seems to make a difference.

Cheers

Nick

:)

albatrossone, Nov 19, 2015

2. Mouse Cursor always jumping to right top corner

Hi,

Here is a link containing useful suggestions that you can perform if the touchscreen doesn't respond correctly. For best results, we suggest that you perform each solution in the order that they are presented:

Surface touchscreen: Problems with touch.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Dell Laptop Touch Screen Glitches after Watching Video in Microsoft Movies & Video App

In performing the driver update, Windows said the best driver was already installed.

Disabling and re-enabling the HID touchscreen does not fix it either.

turbojimmy68, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Touchscreen Performance

1. Touchscreen Performance - Similar Threads - Touchscreen Performance

2. Uninstalled HID Compliant Touchscreen, and It wont come back??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled HID Compliant Touchscreen, and It wont come back??: hey guys, My Dell Inspiron 15 3511's touchscreen stopped working and as recommended, I uninstalled the HID Compliant Touchscreen, and restarted my system, but it hasn't come back. already checked, it isnt hidden, just gone. Can I somehow download the driver back? would that...
  3. Uninstalled HID Compliant Touchscreen, and It wont come back??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled HID Compliant Touchscreen, and It wont come back??: hey guys, My Dell Inspiron 15 3511's touchscreen stopped working and as recommended, I uninstalled the HID Compliant Touchscreen, and restarted my system, but it hasn't come back. already checked, it isnt hidden, just gone. Can I somehow download the driver back? would that...
  4. HID-compliant touchscreen greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID-compliant touchscreen greyed out: HP Elitebook touchscreen stopped workingok so a couple of hours ago i was just using my computer drawing on an app using the touchscreen and all of a sudden it stopped working. i have been following steps to try and sort this for a while, for a bit i couldnt find the driver...
  5. HID_Compliant Touchscreen Driver Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID_Compliant Touchscreen Driver Gone: Hello,My touchscreen stopped working and after reading through other posts/answers in this community regarding the same issue, I found the HID_Compliant touchscreen driver "hidden" in the human interface devices in my device manager. It did not give me an option to disable...
  6. HID_Compliant Touchscreen Driver Gone

HID_Compliant Touchscreen Driver Gone: Hello,My touchscreen stopped working and after reading through other posts/answers in this community regarding the same issue, I found the HID_Compliant touchscreen driver "hidden" in the human interface devices in my device manager. It did not give me an option to disable...
  7. HID_Compliant Touchscreen Driver Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?: How do I make the mouse click action slightly slower when I use the touchscreen on my surface devices?Specific example-I'm looking at a Web page and touch and drag on the screen to scroll the page but the system activates a mouse click where my finger lands before it starts...
  9. How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?

How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?: How do I make the mouse click action slightly slower when I use the touchscreen on my surface devices?Specific example-I'm looking at a Web page and touch and drag on the screen to scroll the page but the system activates a mouse click where my finger lands before it starts...
  10. Can a touchscreen on a PC be used for handwriting keyboard input?

Can a touchscreen on a PC be used for handwriting keyboard input?: Windows 11 and 10 and probably earlier versions come with a virtual touch keyboard that can be triggered from the taskbar. Normally, you'd use a mouse or trackpad and hold down click while drawing letterforms on a virtual touchpad. It's cumbersome to hold click, and I was...