Windows 10: TP 9860 shared folders crashing

Discus and support TP 9860 shared folders crashing in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Installed-updated successfully latest 9860 build,but am unable to assign shared folders. Happened to anyone else,a workaround maybe? 2572 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by proudtobegreek, Oct 21, 2014.

1. TP 9860 shared folders crashing

Installed-updated successfully latest 9860 build,but am unable to assign shared folders.
    Happened to anyone else,a workaround maybe?

:)

proudtobegreek, Oct 21, 2014
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Update KB3010668 not available to fix Sleep issues in Windows 10 .

Hi Farrell,

For further assistance regarding the update for KB3010668. Kindly refer to the response of Michael_Martin on this

link
    . This will provide you steps on how to reset your Windows Update components.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Oct 21, 2014
  3. Stefano12 Win User
    BSoD crashes, been happening about 2 weeks now, error messages sometimes change... Not sure what to do.

I already have that windows 10 driver, I installed it after the first few crashes.

Do you think that setting I changed "NetTCPPortsharing", will solve the issue?

Because I can change back to my netgear adapter but I did have a crash while using that one as well.

That said, these crashes started after I began using the TP-Link.

I'm going to continue using TP-Link (for now) and if it happens again, I'll switch to netgear, and uninstall the TP drivers. If that still doesn't fix it, I'll be back. Unless you have other precautionary suggestions?

Stefano12, Oct 21, 2014
  4. TP 9860 shared folders crashing

TP 9860 running in VMware 6.0.3,re-installed VM tools,re-assigned folder to be "shared",will not show up.

proudtobegreek, Oct 22, 2014
  5. DavidY Win User
    I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm using VirtualBox and couldn't figure out how to get the VirtualBox Shared Folders to work properly in Build 9860 either.

What does work for me is setting a folder in the host PC to be Shared and just mapping to it directly, although that does make it accessible more widely than just host-guest.

DavidY, Oct 23, 2014
  6. TP 9860 update from 9841 in Player 6.0.3, shared folders doesn't work, re-install Tools & reassign shared folder didn't work. Uninstall Tools in Add/Remove, reboot re-install tools...shared folders working. *Biggrin

EarthBoundMisfit, Oct 24, 2014
  7. Simple,straight-forward approach,did the job.Thanks for the concern,thank you for sharing!
    Repping the gentleman from Jersey,marking as solved...

proudtobegreek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

TP 9860 shared folders crashing

1. TP 9860 shared folders crashing - Similar Threads - 9860 shared folders

2. Shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared folder: Hi guys I have shared a folder on OneDrive to one staff and this staff needs to upload pictures into my shared folder everyday. I notice he is able to delete any pictures that he uploads into the shared folder. Is there an option I can set where my staff is only able to...
  3. Share folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share folders: Hiii,Can anyone answer me, why my pc after restart or something like that disable my shared folders and i must again to disconnect it and in credencial manager write again adress and name of server to connect it again. Best Regards!!!...
  4. Share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share folder: I thought I was going to do pretty simple thing - share some photos with my wife using my local wifi. But after half hour of registry and security groups digging I didn't manage to do that and finally had to take a usb stick. Why files sharing is still that crazy hard thing...
  5. Shared folder

Shared folder: Hello there!I request help in getting access to a shared folder.I created a shared folder on one laptop and wanted to access it on another. From now on, I will call the first laptop a "server" and the second one a "user".I enabled an option "Turn on password protected...
  6. Sharing a folder

Sharing a folder: Good day Please help. I have 2 external hard drives connected to one PC, I am using 2 PC's. I am trying to share folders between PC's. Trouble is, the one ext hard drive I got shared as a whole - i.e. the hard drive d is fully shared, all content visible and accessible...
  7. Windows 10 TP Version 9860 Internet Problems

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 TP Version 9860 Internet Problems: I just updated my Windows 10 laptop to version 9860 and have a problem. It's best to show rather than tell, so here are a couple of snips from the laptop. [img] [img] I was asked to upgrade to IE 11 and I think that may be the problem. If so, how do I get rid of it? 2588
  8. Folder sharing

Folder sharing: Trying to set up a network for the first time. My intention was to share public folders but when I right click on my user folders (e.g. PC\Users\Dave\Documents they are shown as "Shared" and clicking on "Stop sharing" doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?...
  9. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860: If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to download. Download:...
  10. Build 9860 ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9860 ISO: My prefered pc refuses to upgrade to build 9860 so I tried, sucessfully to upgrade the second one. Before I had configured restore it crashed big time. I have removed the hdd and formatted it, I won't bother to put it on that machine again. I was wondering whether the ISO...