Windows 10: TP Link WR741ND

Discus and support TP Link WR741ND in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jerry1945, Jan 17, 2016.

1. jerry1945 Win User

TP Link WR741ND

First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and push ok it brings me back to the login page again. I have turned off the firewall in all cases.
    I have done this wired and wireless with the same result...Please someone help me.
    I have pinged 192.168.0.1 and that works fine

:)

jerry1945, Jan 17, 2016

2. TP-Link cannot connect to marketplace

Hello, i have lumia 710 and TP-Link TL-WR741ND router. I can connect to router, and router shows my mobile device, but i cannot connect to marketplace or most internet pages. And i cannot install apps from windows page, because it says that phone is not
    connected.
    I would appreciate any help.

RokasCitavicius, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Bigmuzzi Win User
    Tp-link Driver

I have the same problem and the same adapter. I fix it by install an older drive on a safe mode windows. You need to start on windows 10 on safe mode and them uninstal the RLT8192CU and next install the tp link driver compatible with windows 8.1.

Bigmuzzi, Jan 17, 2016
  4. linw Win User

TP Link WR741ND

Sounds like wrong userid or password?

5. jerry1945 Win User
    I log into the router wireless with the same user name and password I used to try to get to the change screen....so I don't think so.

jerry1945, Jan 18, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Your default IP is 192.168.1.1
    User: admin
    password: admin

topgundcp, Jan 18, 2016
  7. Rose W Win User
    http://www.tp-link.com//no/faqs.html

http://www.tp-link.com/no/faq-831.html

You might find an alternate method in these faqs.
    I have been using a tp-link until recently and the firmware had an upgrade.
    I stopped and got Linksky because the tp-link consistently dropped the contact with the internet since the Win10 install.
    The linksy was the cheapest model and cost less than the tp-link.
    NO interupts since the very easy setup with the Linksy

Rose W, Jan 18, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

TP Link WR741ND

There is no VPN software that needs installed on the Gateway. You set up a VPN connection in Windows 10, or install the software that your company requires. If you set the VPN up on the Gateway itself. It can cause all of your traffic to route through the VPN, if it is for work.

bro67, Jan 18, 2016
  9. jerry1945 Win User
    thank you. one question, how does the VPN get to the roku, it is a device on my home network and is attached to a television

jerry1945, Jan 18, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    You don't use VPN for devices on your home network. You use VPN to attach a device to your home network over the internet when you are away from home.

NavyLCDR, Jan 18, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    I am thinking that the OP is trying to get around restrictions in the country they are in, to receive U.S. media, instead of Central America media.

It can be done if they did some searching. I know how to get around that ban, but I am not going to discuss the topic on this forum and risk to get banned.

bro67, Jan 18, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yeah, hadn't thought of that. I'm used to VPN into my home network, not out from it TP Link WR741ND :)

NavyLCDR, Jan 18, 2016
  13. jerry1945 Win User

TP Link WR741ND

what are the settings to have the VPN put in the home network...i understand if you put it on the router it slows everything down.....so what settings do i use to get it integrated into my home network

jerry1945, Jan 19, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    The WR741ND does not support VPN.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

TP Link WR741ND

1. TP Link WR741ND - Similar Threads - Link WR741ND

2. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  3. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  4. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  6. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  7. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?: I need to download and print a contact's entire text thread for a legal matter. The Phone Link app only allows me the top recent conversations. It makes reference to a 3rd party message app but I use the installed app, Google or Android installed on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8....
  9. How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?

How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?: I need to download and print a contact's entire text thread for a legal matter. The Phone Link app only allows me the top recent conversations. It makes reference to a 3rd party message app but I use the installed app, Google or Android installed on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8....
  10. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...