Windows 10: TPM

Discus and support TPM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer keeps asking me to update TPM firmware. I tried to clear tpm but nothing changed. can someone help me please?? Also I don't understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by revans2, Aug 4, 2018.

1. revans2 Win User

TPM

My computer keeps asking me to update TPM firmware. I tried to clear tpm but nothing changed. can someone help me please??

Also I don't understand this TPM log:

TPM Device Information
    -TPM Present: True
    -TPM Version: 2.0
    -TPM Manufacturer ID: IFX
    -TPM Manufacturer Version: 5.61.2785.0
    -PPI Spec Version: 1.2
    -Ready For Storage: True
    -Ready For Attestation: True
    -Information Flags: 0x00000000
    -Is Capable For Attestation: True
    -Clear Needed To Recover: False
    -TPM Has Vulnerable FW: True
    -TPM FW Vulnerability: 0x00000001
    -ADV170012 - IFX ROCA/Riemann
    -PCR7 Binding State: 2
    -TPM Spec Version 116
    -TPM Errata Date: Friday, January 15, 2016
    -PC Client Version: 256

I am on windows 10.

:)

revans2, Aug 4, 2018

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2018
  4. sygnus21 Win User

TPM

TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker

Well at this time I have no other suggestions other than to call Asus and see if there's something else that needs to be done or checked on that board.

• BTW What specific version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Are you on the insiders track?
    • Also, where are you trying to save your TPM password to?

Thanks.

sygnus21, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

TPM

1. TPM - Similar Threads - TPM

2. TPM 2.0 during an insider update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2.0 during an insider update: I've been running windows 11 pro since day one on this same machine. Yesterday I had updates as usual, Windows 11 insider preview 26200.5001 ge_prerelease to be exact. The issue is it won't download and install. During the install I get "TPM 2.0 must be supported" and the...
  3. TPM 2.0 during an insider update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM 2.0 during an insider update: I've been running windows 11 pro since day one on this same machine. Yesterday I had updates as usual, Windows 11 insider preview 26200.5001 ge_prerelease to be exact. The issue is it won't download and install. During the install I get "TPM 2.0 must be supported" and the...
  4. TPM issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM issue: My TPM has not been functioning properly, keeps giving the error 'device cannot start' even though it's enabled in bios. I've tried most of the suggested solutions like uninstalling the driver from device manager and restarting but none of the that seems to work...
  5. TPM issue

TPM issue: My TPM has not been functioning properly, keeps giving the error 'device cannot start' even though it's enabled in bios. I've tried most of the suggested solutions like uninstalling the driver from device manager and restarting but none of the that seems to work...
  6. I meet the TPM 2.0 requirement for windows 11 hence i tried to run it but met with display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I meet the TPM 2.0 requirement for windows 11 hence i tried to run it but met with display...: my pc doesn't meet the cpu req, even tho i have 4C + 8T AMD a12 9720p r7 radeon I have tried install additional drivers for the same from various websits but nothing worked...
  7. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI: hello, i've had some really weird and random crashes lately.sometime the pc won't crash at all for the day and sometimes it would crash multiple times a day...
  8. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI: hello, i've had some really weird and random crashes lately.sometime the pc won't crash at all for the day and sometimes it would crash multiple times a day...
  9. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My tpm 2.0 disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My tpm 2.0 disappeared: So it all started when on April 12 I was playing a game that requires tpm 2.0 which was working since i had it then a day later april 13 I try to play the game thst requires tpm 2.0 and it wouldnt let me enter the game because I didn't have the tpm 2.0 and I'm sure it was...