Windows 10: Track cpu usage of "only" active processes?

Discus and support Track cpu usage of "only" active processes? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to track cpu usage of processes only as they are active, with performance monitor perhaps, instead of manually adding processes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

Track cpu usage of "only" active processes?

Is there a way to track cpu usage of processes only as they are active, with performance monitor perhaps, instead of manually adding processes to monitor? I want to get a general idea of what processes are using cpu time and when.

:)

Kol12, Mar 28, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Mar 28, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Track cpu usage of "only" active processes? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Track cpu usage of "only" active processes? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Track cpu usage of "only" active processes? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Track cpu usage of "only" active processes? :)

musum, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Track cpu usage of "only" active processes?

I use Process Hacker (extended process monitor by MS), which let you tag CPU usage monitor to desktop.
    Performance window of each process will show you history of the last 3 minutes. It is pretty basic though.

TairikuOkami, Mar 28, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Anvir task manager offers this, but just 1 process at a time, up to 1 week apparently.
    (You can adjust the display area and scale)

Track cpu usage of "only" active processes? [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 28, 2017
  6. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Grab your copy of "SysEssentials" here:

Sysinternals Suite

It includes "Process Monitor".

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Mar 28, 2017
  7. Kol12 Win User
    I recently downloaded Process Hacker but haven't used it too much yet as I have Process Explorer as well. How do you bring that monitor window up? Does it show all processes that may have used the cpu in that timeline?

Kol12, Mar 28, 2017
  8. Kol12 Win User

I also have Process Monitor but haven't used it much yet. Can it achieve what I'm looking to do?

Kol12, Mar 28, 2017
  9. Kol12 Win User
    Do you have to choose which process to monitor with this? I'm more interested in seeing what processes are being used over a timeline rather than having to guess what they are by adding them to monitor in performance monitor for example.

Kol12, Mar 28, 2017
  10. Move mouse over its tray icon and it will popup, then you can use pin to lock it.

No, it only shows processes by the current usage, you can check System Information window for CPU history.

TairikuOkami, Mar 28, 2017
  11. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Process Monitor is a very comprehensive tool! Just give it a try, tweak with the view settings and it may be the tool you need!

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Mar 28, 2017
  12. Kol12 Win User
    Thanks guys, I'll play around with the tools and see if can get them to do what I want.

Kol12, Mar 28, 2017
  13. M4v3r1ck Win User

You're most welcome, good luck choosing the wright application for your needs and likings!

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Track cpu usage of "only" active processes? - Similar Threads - Track cpu usage

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  5. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

"System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  6. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. system process high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  8. Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?

Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?: I have been using HWMonitor but it does not have desktop widget and I want to track parameters in real-time. 134427
  9. Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?: I have been using HWMonitor but it does not have desktop widget and I want to track parameters in real-time. 134427
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...