Windows 10: Track USB Activity

Discus and support Track USB Activity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is the best way for a small business to track USB plugins to the company computers?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Denise U, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Denise U Win User

Track USB Activity

What is the best way for a small business to track USB plugins to the company computers?

:)

Denise U, Jul 4, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

Track USB Activity

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Track USB Activity

1. Track USB Activity - Similar Threads - Track USB Activity

2. Tracking activity on Win 10 computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tracking activity on Win 10 computer: Hi I spend lots of time behind my computer mostly on education and business purposes. Recently I started learning about Microsoft certification programs and I dedicated my free time towards attaining the certificate via internet ITpro.tv learning platform. My idea, and...
  3. Activity Tracking for my child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Activity Tracking for my child: My child, who is thirteen years old, needs restrictions for Apps and Games to keep him focused in this time of remote learning. However, he seems to have found a way around it, as he figured out he could turn off Activity Tracking in his account settings. Is he supposed to be...
  4. Tracking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tracking: Hello, i really could use some help here. is there a way for me to see the ip address of a Wi-Fi i connected to last night? i left my house and car keys in a hotel, and i can't get in touch with my friend who GPSed us there. not only that, the second issue is tht it was a...
  5. Stolen Notebook with tracking activated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen Notebook with tracking activated: Hello, unfortunately my Win10 notebook was stolen from my car two weeks ago. I had the tracking activated, but the last position is my home. I cannot believe the notebook is not switched on since this time. Is it possible that the tracking is broken when someone installs...
  6. Weekly activity report tracking wrong PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weekly activity report tracking wrong PC: The weekly activity report is showing me the browsing history for another family's PC under my son's name. Apparently he logged in there at some point with his account and how I see their browsing history every week showing up in my son's activity report. Is there a way I can...
  7. Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief?: Got a new Windows 10 in the summer and had to reinstall many times during that month; then, to really get me, someone came in to my home and stole the Windows 10 USB instead of the whole computer: then he left me, strangely with his old Windows 10 Pro which I had no way...
  8. Email Tracking & Email Tracking Blocker‬

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Tracking & Email Tracking Blocker‬: Is there any app or something like it what tracks emails sent from windows 10 mail app & blocks other to track you (or even 1 of them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-tracking-email-tracking-blocker/c827979e-a5d0-4996-86e2-c88d32de9053
  9. USB HID Standard Established for Eye Tracking

in Windows 10 News
    USB HID Standard Established for Eye Tracking: A new USB Human Interface Device (HID) standard has been approved for eye trackers as a result of work done by Tobii (as the submitting entity) in collaboration with Microsoft, Intel and EyeTech DS. This is great news for many reasons, not just for Tobii but for the entire...
  10. Track cpu usage of "only" active processes?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Track cpu usage of "only" active processes?: Is there a way to track cpu usage of processes only as they are active, with performance monitor perhaps, instead of manually adding processes to monitor? I want to get a general idea of what processes are using cpu time and when. 80457