Windows 10: Traffic CHokes/Turning off BITS

Discus and support Traffic CHokes/Turning off BITS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, tried a quick search but got swamped by non-relevants so i thought i'd post. i keep getting total chokes on my internet, usually just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wolfie138, Jul 19, 2017.

1. wolfie138 Win User

Traffic CHokes/Turning off BITS

Hi all,
    tried a quick search but got swamped by non-relevants so i thought i'd post.

i keep getting total chokes on my internet, usually just after start up, and randomly. Cortana is turned off properly, i believe, and a quick google suggested BITS was the culprit and turning it off was the solution; however, further searching suggested this was a bad idea and would cut off Updates etc. i had my Resource Monitor up but couldn't understand much of what it was showing me, was a couple of SVCHost things hogging bandwidth by the look.
    any suggestions/solutions please? it clears itself up in a minute or too but i'm paranoid about what is being used and sent/received.

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Jul 19, 2017

2. How to enable Enable traffic information on Windows maps.

You can enable the traffic layer and other traffic information to be displayed on the map by opening the layers button. It is the one that looks like a stack of paper on the right side of the map. From there you can turn the traffic on/off and also enable
    the display of traffic incidents or traffic cameras (if available for your region).

Analy [MSFT], Jul 19, 2017
  3. Souvik_IN Win User
    Turning off weather and traffic warning alerts

Do you know the apps that are creating the notifications? Then go to settings>system>notifications & actions> find the apps, and turn them off.

Or, if you want to disable all notifications, turn on battery saver. You'll get call and message notifications only.

Souvik_IN, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

Traffic CHokes/Turning off BITS

1. Traffic CHokes/Turning off BITS - Similar Threads - Traffic CHokes Turning

2. Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth: I have two Dell computers, one Latitude work and other Inspiron home. I tried create a new Hyper V Virtual Switch External. The Latitude works fine but the Inspiron chokes the bandwidth to 1/10 th or even less. Both m/c s are on Windows Pro....
  3. De-choking the graphics card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    De-choking the graphics card?: Hi Community, some graphics cards have identical chips but different settings for the production of the graphics cards due to cost reasons. Thus the RTX 2080 has the TU-104 and the RTX 2080 Super likewise. Is it actually possible in this example from the RTX 2080...
  4. turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    turn off: Is it okay to turn off laptop sometimes by power button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off/6a1afe96-60c8-4bc1-90ab-fdce5e55ddcf
  5. turning on windows update without turning on BITS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turning on windows update without turning on BITS: So we know that BITS is draining out our internet fast. so my question is, how do i turn on windows update without running BITS "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  6. Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira: Latest Windows 10 update stalls at 25% and sends an alert that Avira is incompatible with it and must be uninstalled manually. The alert provides no location for the offending files, and a search finds no Avira files, except for a list of Avira dll files in a Total AV...
  7. BITS keep switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BITS keep switching off: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home. Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207). PROBLEM: Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS), keeps switching off. I can manually switch on to automatic, apply and OK...and then after a minute or so it simply reverts to switching off. I had...
  8. turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off: how do I go back to my regular picture and turn off paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off/ae72a602-5fc5-48ce-8150-ba8c396566dc
  9. Turn off traffic delay in Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off traffic delay in Maps: Is there a way to turn off the traffic delay for travel time in Maps? Since I plan my route the day before, current traffic delays aren't really relevant, but I don't see a way to turn it off....
  10. How to prevent local administrators from turning off Bit locker encryption?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent local administrators from turning off Bit locker encryption?: If you use sophos safeguard for example, you won't be able to decrpyt the drive unless permitted by policy even if you are an administrator of the computer. Now does microsoft have a way of implementing a policy from MBAM to do the same?...