Windows 10: Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a retail version of Windows 10 pro. I have previously upgraded my motherboard to my current board and I will be getting a new board soon. Will I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ohgodtherats, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro

I have a retail version of Windows 10 pro. I have previously upgraded my motherboard to my current board and I will be getting a new board soon. Will I be able to transfer the license to another new motherboard? If not how much is it going to cost me to get a working version of 10 pro?

:)

ohgodtherats, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Wartai Win User

Windows 10 Pro Retail key information

I bought a boxed version of Windows 10 Pro Retail and installed it fine, after it was activated I checked to see whether it activated as Retail or OEM using the command "slmgr.vbs -dlv" and it came up with info:

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, OEM_DM channel

Product Key Channel: OEMTranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro :DM

I am assuming this is meaning that I was sold a OEM copy and not a Retail version that I was told I was buying and wanted ??

I wanted a Retail version as I could keep using it legally if I tranfer it to a new system or change the motherboard.

Wartai, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro

1. Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Tranfer Retail Version

2. Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license: I know this question has been asked before but I wasn't able to locate clear instructions on how to make this happen.I have an old laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account running Windows 11 Pro that was purchased via the upgrade feature within Windows. This license...
  3. Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license: I know this question has been asked before but I wasn't able to locate clear instructions on how to make this happen.I have an old laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account running Windows 11 Pro that was purchased via the upgrade feature within Windows. This license...
  4. BAD RETAIL VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM RETAILER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD RETAIL VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM RETAILER: I bought a full copy of Windows 10 Pro from newegg, not an OEM copy. After trying to tech the new build for 3 weekends, thinking it was a bad CPU or memory stick, I took it to the local repair shop. He tried to install from the USB and got the same blue screen I was getting...
  5. Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?

Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?: Because the recent windows 10 update my computer became unusable. I couldn't access the computer because the sign in prompt disappeared and trying to do an update rollback or repair or recovery through safe mode failed. So I had to reinstall my old windows 7 pro just...
  6. Windows 10 Retail Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Version: Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to another laptop with the same product key?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.: To All The MVPs, Need your expert advice / guide point wise on listed below questions on above subject: I am in the process of buying Windows 10 Professional Full Pack Original Retail Version 1. How can I ensure it is Original Retail Version before installation as well...
  8. Windows 10 pro retail box version number

Windows 10 pro retail box version number: How do you determine what version of Windows 10 Pro comes in a retail box. The last update crashed my computer with hardware incompatibilities. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro that was installed from retail purchase. However, during a move the Windows 7 Pro got lost. I...
  9. windows 10 retail version

windows 10 retail version: hi, please can some one help me i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i purchased at a pc store its still unopened . the question i have is its been on my shelf about a year, will i still be able to use it at some point? thank you, *Smile 94340
  10. Retail version of 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail version of 10 pro: I've noticed that retail versions of 10 are available, do the purchasers have the same rights to chop and change as was possible with older Windows? 41814