Windows 10: Transcript of a frustrating yet funny conversation with tech support

Discus and support Transcript of a frustrating yet funny conversation with tech support in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Summary of the advise I got from Microsoft tech support, for dealing with a frozen windows 10: "I have no idea. Not our problem. Take it back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by michael13, Sep 17, 2015.

1. michael13 Win User

Transcript of a frustrating yet funny conversation with tech support

Summary of the advise I got from Microsoft tech support, for dealing with a frozen windows 10: "I have no idea. Not our problem. Take it back to the store where you bought it."

:)

michael13, Sep 17, 2015

2. I contacted Microsoft support and I am wondering if there is any way to get a transcript of he conversation I may need it for further support.

I contacted Microsoft support and I am wondering if there is any way to get a transcript of he conversation I may need it for further support.

OP - Microsoft Support transcript.

AlecGeorge, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Transcripts of chat conversations

a few weeks ago a technician sent me an email containing a transcript of the chat that we had had.

today, when requesting another transcript i was told that it was not policy to do this.

could it be that the conversation revealed an admission that Windows 10 people app would not allow groups in a list of contacts?

michaeltreen, Sep 17, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Microsoft was absolutely correct, however. Did you buy the computer from Microsoft? NO! Brand new computer functionality is the responsibility of the manufacturer of the computer not Microsoft. You were a .... well nevermind..... and Microsoft was right.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2015
  5. michael13 Win User
    Computer spontaneously catches on fire = hardware problem, take it back to the store.

Program on the computer connects itself to the internet, automatically installs a bunch of updates, then freezes = software problem = Microsoft screw up.

michael13, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    I understand that you are annoyed by the situation, but being annoyed does not make things better.

If you want my opinion: The technician is right: It would have been nice, if he could have helped you, but as he said he basically cannot.

At least in the country I live in, when you buy a product, you first have to deal with your seller, not with anyone else. Not the manufacturer, not the software producer. The manufacturer or anyone inbetween is not who is responsible for you. Instead, you have to go to the seller, tell him and give him a possibility to solve the problem. In my country, the seller has two tries in order to fix the issue. And that: Per problem! This can become really annoying, if for instance you have a car, which has different problems again and again and you basically can't do much about it, if the seller fixes them. But that is how it is.

So for you: Grab your receipt, go to the seller and have him fix it!

Joergi, Sep 17, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    In the United States it is normally the manufacturer of the item. When they install Windows on a computer they make under OEM licensing, they assume support responsibilities for that operating system.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2015
  8. rfruth Win User

Good thing its under warranty !

rfruth, Sep 17, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    Can't read your picture - I zoomed it to 400% but it is just too blurred. He is probably right though.

If I bought a car from a Ferrari dealer in Tajikistan I'd hardly phone up their headquarters in Italy and say "I only installed a couple of things" and expect a reasonable answer.

Take it back (if you can).. It certainly isn't MS fault if neither you or your seller know what to do.

You didn't buy your computer from MS. If you did you could complain.

10. Joergi Win User
    I would not say that. We just do not know, whose fault it is. Maybe it's a strange bug - bugs happen all the time.

Joergi, Sep 17, 2015
  11. lx07 Win User
    Doesn't matter whos fault it is. If it doesn't do what you were promised you return it to the person you bought it from. Otherwise you would try to get your money back from, I don't know, Broadcom, because your Bluetooth doesn't work on a laptop you bought from Tesco's.

12. Click the image three times in succession and it should be readable.

Torquemada, Sep 17, 2015
  13. rfruth Win User

> > Click the image three times in succession

Had the same problem (image too small) click 3 times worked for me, tnx !

rfruth, Sep 17, 2015
  14. michael13 Win User
    Anyway, problem is now solved. I posted a thread on the this forum and eventually somebody suggested a solution that worked.

If random people posting on this forum know enough about windows that they could figure out a solution to my problem, then I wonder why the windows support technician couldn't even make a single meaningful suggestion.

The solution: access the trouble shooter.

But I couldn't access the trouble shooter, because the whole system was frozen.

Solution to that: power the computer on and off repeatedly with the power switch to interrupt the start up process. Eventually the trouble shooter will launch.

Problem solved. Seems like advice the tech support should have been able to come up with. But she didn't even get as far as telling me to launch the trouble shooter before she decided it wasn't her problem.

I also found it annoying/comedic that the only questions she asked me were things I had already explained. I don't think she even bothered to read my words, let alone consider potential solutions to my problem.

Anyway, my problem is fixed now, so I'm slightly less disgruntled.

To expand the car analogy, if I buy a new car from Ford, and they give me a set of new Bridgestone winter tires with the car, and two days later my car flies off a bridge because the tires lost their traction in the snow, due to a manufacturing defect in the tires, it's Bridgestone, not Ford, that is liable. Ford guarantees that the cars will work. Bridgestone guarantees that the tires will work in the snow. If the tires don't work in the snow it is Bridgestone's fault, not Ford's.

I'll drop it now though.

michael13, Sep 17, 2015
  15. Joergi Win User
    That's what I mean.

However, also that is not always true: If you made the thing fail through improper use, then it's not the seller who is liable, but it's your problem. Maybe he fixes it, but he will want to be paid for that - and rightfully so.

Repeatedly switching a PC off during start-up may have solved the problem here. But it is not what I would call proper use. I would not be surprised, if given there later arise problems from that, the seller refused to fix them on warranty.

Joergi, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Transcript of a frustrating yet funny conversation with tech support - Similar Threads - Transcript frustrating yet

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  4. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  5. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tech Support: Hello tech savvy friends, I come to you in a time of great need. Recently during a gaming session on steam, my computer froze up. Afterwards it booted up normal, but I found that one of my hard drives was inaccessible. My F: drive was marked as F:\? with a blue question mark...
  6. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech Support: Does anyone have a phone # for Tech Support IN the United States ONLY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/058f5907-61d4-4984-81e8-c780d446304d
  7. tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tech support: why does my screen locks me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/bfd891fa-3f76-4add-a576-6b3194aa9af2
  8. Customer Support Chat Transcripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Customer Support Chat Transcripts: Dear Microsoft and Community, I have contacted Microsoft Support Multiple times for my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by their LIVE chat feature. I haven't got the transcripts for any of the support session that happened. Can anyone please tell me whether is it possible for me to...
  9. Tech support

Tech support: My PC was not updating and I asked for help . I asked for an Agent to do Quick Access and have a look he said OK. Then asked for my first and last name my email address and phone number. This has never happened before I got suspicious and cut him off . Was I right in doing...
  10. Customer Support CHAT transcripts

Customer Support CHAT transcripts: A LIVE CHAT session was conducted to resolve an account problem and changes were made to the billing and payments section of the account profile. I requested a copy of the transcript or a link to it be sent to my email address so that I would have a record of the changes. I...