Windows 10: Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

Discus and support Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by John Mitchell, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV file into the People app on my new laptop but it doesn't seem possible . Surely I haven't got to re enter every contact? Any help very gratefully received. Thanks

:)

John Mitchell, Jun 27, 2016
  2. Nacorbone Win User

Transfer contacts from W Live to new PC with Window 10

How can I transfer contacts from Win Live Mail in Win 7 on old PC to Windows People mail in Window 10 in a new PC?

Nacorbone, Jun 27, 2016
  3. Robby265 Win User
    How to copy and move my contacts in Windows Live Mail to the mail app (Outlook Mail) in Windows 10?

I was able to export my Windows Live Mail contacts to my desktop and from there to the People App. The export button on Windows Live Mail does not appear until the contacts button is pressed. There is no import/export button on the file menu as in the
    old Windows Mail. Note: I hired a geek to transfer my files from Windows Vista to my new Windows 10 computer. He transferred my old Windows Mail files and contacts to Windows Live Mail and not Outlook Mail. I'm in the process of switching over to Outlook Mail.

Robby265, Jun 27, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

Steve C, Jun 27, 2016
  5. Thanks for the response. That worked fine but why they have made a simple thing like an email client so complicated is beyond me. I have got it to work for Outlook but not for the Win 10 App that is lready installed. Even then i cant open the full list of Contacts. I need to type the first letter of the contact and that group of contacts with a name starting wih that letter opens but it's a bit hit and miss. Is abit time consuming just to find the email address. Think I will give up with Windows 10 and buy a retail Windows 7. Will last me out, I reckon as I am now 78 years young. Thanks again.

John Mitchell, Jun 28, 2016
  6. Bronis Win User
    I've tried this, twice. The first time I got an error message saying that "something had gone wrong at our end" and the second time, I was told that "your address book already has all the contacts your are trying to import." Unfortunately, that isn't so: People shows only the three contacts I've added manually and although Mail seems to have access to about 20 odd contacts when I start a new email, I think they're all from recent email exchanges and certainly don't cover the 150 or so contacts I had in my LiveMail contacts list.

What's more, People doesn't show the contacts that Mail knows about! I take it that People should show all contacts that Mail suggests when I start typing in the "To" field.

Has anyone any ideas? Cheers...

Bronis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

1. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app! - Similar Threads - Transfer Contacts Live

2. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  3. contacts from people are not showing up in win 10 mail app

contacts from people are not showing up in win 10 mail app: I have imported a .csv contact file to people online and linked it logged in to my win 10 mail app but the contacts are not showing up in my list....
  4. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  5. Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail

Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail: I am using Windows 10 Mail. I want to add a contact to the people app from an email. At this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14103/windows-people-app-help, I found the following information: If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email...
  6. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  7. Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts: I still use WLM and am a bit peeved about loss of support. Anyways I have just moved from an old to a new PC. The usual nightmare. (I bought Laplink but it didn't work - mainly because I have a SSd c Drive which seems to confuse the. In the end I had to pay Laplink more to do...
  8. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  9. Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail: Hello everyone, My problem is that I have a contact with the wrong name. Lets say "Jane" and I have hundreds of emails from that address, but now I want to change her name to be correct. If I go to people app, find the profile and change the name, the change is not...
  10. Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8

in Browsers and Email
    Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8: I have tried (and tried!) to copy my contacts from Windows Live Mail into my new Samsung Galaxy 8. I've been on all the forums looking for answers without success. Can someone help me with this please. Many thanks iris 62052

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer contacts from windows live mail to windows 10 mail

2. transfer contacts from live mail to windows 10 people app

3. windows 10 copy contacts from win live to win 10 mail

4. transfer windows live mail files to win 10 mail