Windows 10: Transfer files between encrypted and non-encrypted drives?

Discus and support Transfer files between encrypted and non-encrypted drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure where to post this, but... I’m currently awaiting a TPM module for my PC. Will use it in conjunction with BitLocker. Question, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sygnus21, Feb 28, 2017.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Transfer files between encrypted and non-encrypted drives?

Not sure where to post this, but...

I’m currently awaiting a TPM module for my PC. Will use it in conjunction with BitLocker.

Question, if I encrypt my drive, as long as I’m logged in to the encrypted PC, I assume I can still transfer files and folders between encrypted and non-encrypted drives without issue?

Also, any performance issues with encrypted drives?

Thanks.

:)

sygnus21, Feb 28, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

W10 Bitlocker indicates W7 OS drive?

When files that have been encrypted by Bitlocker are transferred, they are decrypted in the process. So the answer is that the backed-up files won't be encrypted. This doesn't apply in the case of a system image. If you image an encrypted drive, the
    image will be encrypted when restored.

JimWynne, Feb 28, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Encrypted word document - "user does not have access privileges"

It appears that you created a double-whammy by both encrypting/password-protecting the files
    and encrypting the folder, which serves no purpose if the files are encrypted. It's the encrypting of the folder that's causing your issue because normally Office files that are password-protected are transferable. If they are important documents,
    surely you have backups.

JimWynne, Feb 28, 2017
Thema:

Transfer files between encrypted and non-encrypted drives?

1. Transfer files between encrypted and non-encrypted drives? - Similar Threads - Transfer files between

2. BitLocker Drive Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Encryption: When I was trying to encrypt my external hard ( ADATA SH93 USB DEVICE ) and after I got the recovery key, I couldn't continue with BitLocker Drive Encryption. Now I can’t open my external hard, anymore, I tried several times, I changed also the computer but I can’t do...
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  4. Win10Pro Encrypted File Copy with/without encryption dialogue

Win10Pro Encrypted File Copy with/without encryption dialogue: I had a brief exchange with microsoft support and was advised to post here. At some point I must have ticked the 'always do this' option with the prompt asking if you want to copy an encrypted file to an unencrypted dir either with or without file encryption. Documentation on...
  5. File Encryption

File Encryption: I have Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and I recently reset my PC. I stored all my backup files in my hard drive but the problem is that I can't transfer or even extract all of my files because it's encrypted. It has this icon of a padlock, I tried to do all the steps to remove...
  6. How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10: [ATTACH] EFS Encryption is present in Windows OS out of the box. It is shipped together with BitLocker encryption that is also shipped out of the box. Though they work in the same manner, the main difference between the two is [...] This post How to encrypt files with EFS...
  7. my files are encrypted!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my files are encrypted!!!!: i go to open any of my files on my computer and everything is encryptid??? smh?? please help! thanks this computer is new I have a bunch of files saved in it and like my one drive and three of my iPhone backed up.... my girlfriend had a SanDisk usb thumb drive and I put it...
  8. Encrypting a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypting a hard drive: Good day all, I don't even know if this is the correct place to ask this so if anyone has a better place either on this forum or elsewhere I would appreciate it. Basically I know very little about encryption beyond the basics of what it is. What I'm looking for is a program...
  9. Forza files encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza files encrypted: Hello guys, i just moved to Windows 10 few days ago in my two PCs. First i installed Forza to my main computer and some days after tried to copy/paste the folder from PC1 to PC2 instead of redownloading whole thing. There i encountered my first problem, Forza files are all...
  10. File encryption fails?

File encryption fails?: Hallo friends, I tried to encrypt a file located in my Dropbox account. I went to File->Properties->General->Advanced->Encrypt contents to secure data. After I did what I did, the file had a golden locker icon attached on it. I opened my other laptop and after Dropbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer files without bitlocker encryption

2. how to transfer pictures from encrypted to non-encrypted computer