Windows 10: Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV

Discus and support Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello can you please tell me if it is possible to transfer my Windows 10 Home OEM (anniversary update) licence that i got by upgrading from Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by greyducky, Oct 16, 2016.

1. greyducky Win User

Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV

Hello can you please tell me if it is possible to transfer my Windows 10 Home OEM (anniversary update) licence that i got by upgrading from Windows 8.1 Home OEM to a new PC, that is, i just want to upgrade my motherboard and cpu, ssd because of poor perfomance?
    Can I use the process that they added in the new anniversary update, that if you connect your licence to a Microsoft account you will be able to transfer it?

Also once i transfer it, can i switch back to a local account and have it activated?
    Hope you help *Smile

:)

greyducky, Oct 16, 2016

2. Windows re activation

It depends on the original installation. If the original Win7 was an OEM licence, then the Win10 became OEM. OEM is intended to live and die with the hardware, which basically means motherboard. So if you're talking OEM then your old licence is invalid
    and you need to buy a new licence.

If the original licence was a retail licence these can be transferred.

MarkInKent, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Reactivating Windows

Was the original licence OEM or retail? If OEM then the licence lives and dies with the motherboard. New motherboard = new licence needed.

If retail these can be transferred.

MarkInKent, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

The way I understand it, that is the idea of that wizard....

What I'd like to know is if it's perpetual.. i.e how many different h/w scenarios can it be tansferred to ...(like eg. FPP Retail keys have a max of up to 10 activations)

Superfly, Oct 16, 2016
  5. greyducky Win User
    It works for Windows 10 OEM's upgraded for free from Windows 8/8.1 as well?

greyducky, Oct 16, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    OEM licenses are not legally transferable to a new computer that you build by upgrading the motherboard and CPU. In order to be legal you have to purchase a new retail license for Windows for the new computer.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV - Similar Threads - Transfer licence motherboard

2. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC: I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012. In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time. I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903. I bought a new...
  3. Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc: Hello, Thank you in advance for any response or feedback as this is the first time I am in need of help from these forums. Basically I am building a new rig and I want to transfer my product key from my old pc to my new pc. I have done back in the day the free upgrade to...
  4. Transfer of digital licence

Transfer of digital licence: I have a windows 10(home) laptop with digital licence linked to my email id. Now i want to sell the laptop to another person. Question 1- how can he/she get the licence or in other words how can I transfer my ownership to him/her. Question 2- will i have to buy a new...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Home upgrade to Professional licence to new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows 10 Home upgrade to Professional licence to new device: Hello, I upgraded my pre-installed Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional on my previous device through Microsoft Store (upgrade connected to my Microsoft account, I can see it in "Order History" but no licence key appears). My laptop broke down accidentally and I had...
  6. How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer

How to transfer Contacts to new Win10 (Home) computer: Setting up a new computer (running Windows 10 Home) - it's replacing an older one running Windows 10 Pro. I simply CANNOT get the e-mail "contacts" copied over from the old one to the new one. Here's the situation: The old computer is using "Windows Live Mail 2012" - the...
  7. Windows 10 - transferring licence to new motherboard

Windows 10 - transferring licence to new motherboard: Hello, My windows 10 licence was a free upgrade from windows 7. My PC is broken - I suspect its the motherboard and the hard drive is still working. Am I able to buy another machine, put in the old hard drive (if still working) and still use my existing windows 10...
  8. Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???: Hi there! Could anyone help me out with this.... before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it says that windows is digitally licenced to ur Microsoft account and i no where find my win7 product key...now the problem...
  9. Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc: Hi All, I recently bought a new pc as my old one is dying! The first thing I wanted to do was get my email up and running on the new pc so I exported my Outlook (365) data on the old one to a .pst file. So far so good. On my new machine I accessed the Office 365 site and...
  10. Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10

Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10: I've purchased all the components for my new PC..and it includes a completely new chipset on the motherboard (1151). I recently purchased a windows 10 key from here (Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit English International: Amazon.co.uk: Software). The USB flash drive Home...