Windows 10: Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV

Discus and support Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello can you please tell me if it is possible to transfer my Windows 10 Home OEM (anniversary update) licence that i got by upgrading from Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by greyducky, Oct 16, 2016.

1. greyducky Win User

Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV

Hello can you please tell me if it is possible to transfer my Windows 10 Home OEM (anniversary update) licence that i got by upgrading from Windows 8.1 Home OEM to a new PC, that is, i just want to upgrade my motherboard and cpu, ssd because of poor perfomance?
    Can I use the process that they added in the new anniversary update, that if you connect your licence to a Microsoft account you will be able to transfer it?

Also once i transfer it, can i switch back to a local account and have it activated?
    Hope you help *Smile

:)

greyducky, Oct 16, 2016

2. Windows re activation

It depends on the original installation. If the original Win7 was an OEM licence, then the Win10 became OEM. OEM is intended to live and die with the hardware, which basically means motherboard. So if you're talking OEM then your old licence is invalid
    and you need to buy a new licence.

If the original licence was a retail licence these can be transferred.

MarkInKent, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Reactivating Windows

Was the original licence OEM or retail? If OEM then the licence lives and dies with the motherboard. New motherboard = new licence needed.

If retail these can be transferred.

MarkInKent, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

The way I understand it, that is the idea of that wizard....

What I'd like to know is if it's perpetual.. i.e how many different h/w scenarios can it be tansferred to ...(like eg. FPP Retail keys have a max of up to 10 activations)

Superfly, Oct 16, 2016
  5. greyducky Win User
    It works for Windows 10 OEM's upgraded for free from Windows 8/8.1 as well?

greyducky, Oct 16, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    OEM licenses are not legally transferable to a new computer that you build by upgrading the motherboard and CPU. In order to be legal you have to purchase a new retail license for Windows for the new computer.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Transfer licence to new motherboard Win10 Home AV - Similar Threads - Transfer licence motherboard

2. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  3. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  4. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer of licence to a new computer

Transfer of licence to a new computer: Hi,I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer my windows licence from the old to the new. I thought I could delink the licence from my old computer in my microsoft account, but the only device I can see is my partner's. I checked on mine and it says in the...
  6. Transfer of licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of licence to a new computer: Hi,I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer my windows licence from the old to the new. I thought I could delink the licence from my old computer in my microsoft account, but the only device I can see is my partner's. I checked on mine and it says in the...
  7. Transfer of licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New motherboard - Do I need a new win10 licence?

New motherboard - Do I need a new win10 licence?: Hello all, very recently, my computer slurped up a malware and I had to wipe the hard drives and reinstall windows. On a whim, I decided to upgrade from win 7 to win 10 pro, so I bought a licence. At the same time I got a "great" idea of upgrading most of the PC hardware, so...
  9. Windows 10 - transferring licence to new motherboard

Windows 10 - transferring licence to new motherboard: Hello, My windows 10 licence was a free upgrade from windows 7. My PC is broken - I suspect its the motherboard and the hard drive is still working. Am I able to buy another machine, put in the old hard drive (if still working) and still use my existing windows 10...
  10. Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???: Hi there! Could anyone help me out with this.... before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it says that windows is digitally licenced to ur Microsoft account and i no where find my win7 product key...now the problem...