Windows 10: transfer profile

Discus and support transfer profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Trying to transfer profile to another account. The delete and copy options of the one I which to transfer are grayed out. Why? Of the profiles I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pedsto, May 23, 2017.

1. pedsto Win User

transfer profile

Trying to transfer profile to another account. The delete and copy options of the one I which to transfer are grayed out. Why? Of the profiles I have only the default allows a copy to: option. ?? Thanks

:)

pedsto, May 23, 2017

2. Transfering user profiles.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will surely assist you with this.

Please follow the steps below to transfer the user profile data from the old admin account to the new account.

a) Press Window key + X together and select Windows Explorer.

b) Click on View tab and Click on Options at the top right corner.

c) Click the View tab, and then click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

d) Uncheck the box which states Hide protected operating system files.

e) Click Yes to confirm, and then click OK.

f) Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.

g) Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

•Ntuser.dat

•Ntuser.dat.log

•Ntuser.ini

h) Right click and Select Copy.

i) Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New Username is the name of the new user profile you created.

j) Right click inside the folder and select Paste.

k) Restart your PC and check.

Hope this helps. If the solution doesn’t work, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 23, 2017
  3. Transfering user profiles.

How do I transfer my files from my admin profile to a new user profile?

losersince67, May 23, 2017
Thema:

transfer profile

1. transfer profile - Similar Threads - transfer profile

2. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  3. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  4. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  6. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  7. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Transfer "User" profile to other Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer "User" profile to other Disk: My PC has 2 HDDs, a 250GB solid state drive system and a 1TB normal drive data. The system drive has 10GB free where as the data drive has 800 GB free.On the System Drive, I see my "user" folder uses 140 GB but size on Disk an alleged 115 GB.Can I just cut and paste the User...
  9. Transfer "User" profile to other Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer "User" profile to other Disk: My PC has 2 HDDs, a 250GB solid state drive system and a 1TB normal drive data. The system drive has 10GB free where as the data drive has 800 GB free.On the System Drive, I see my "user" folder uses 140 GB but size on Disk an alleged 115 GB.Can I just cut and paste the User...
  10. Transfer "User" profile to other Disk