Windows 10: transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

Discus and support transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; transfer speed to 3.0 usb from explorer file in pc extremely slow,worst i ever seen.all day to transfer one iso file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CoryMarsh1, Aug 25, 2018.

1. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

transfer speed to 3.0 usb from explorer file in pc extremely slow,worst i ever seen.all day to transfer one iso file.

:)

CoryMarsh1, Aug 25, 2018
  2. treyswild Win User

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Windows 10 Pro
    Build: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.309

I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to windows 10 the file transfer speeds went to 5-8MB/sec. Internet speed is unaffected.

I have followed many forums and tried every suggestion and nothing has resolved this issue. The last big windows 10 update did slow down the native windows 10 machine from 70-90MB/sec to 50-60MB/sec. Also, the native Win 10 machine is connecting via wifi and others via ethernet (wired)
    Any new ideas? Yes, latest drivers. Yes, Large Offload is disabled and many other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

treyswild, Aug 25, 2018
  3. treyswild Win User
    Windows 10 extremely slow file transfer speeds

I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to windows 10 the file transfer speeds went to 5-8MB/sec. Internet speed is unaffected. I have followed many forums and tried every suggestion and nothing has resolved this issue. The last big windows 10 update did slow down the native windows 10 machine from 70-90MB/sec to 50-60MB/sec. Also, the native Win 10 machine is connecting via wifi and others via ethernet (wired)
    Any new ideas? Yes, latest drivers. Yes, Large Offload is disabled and many other suggestions.

treyswild, Aug 25, 2018
  4. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

Hi. I was trying to copy a 2gb file over to another folder, and the transfer speed dropped down to kilobytes or even bytes per second. Sometimes, however, it wildly fluctuates all over the place - from 4KB/s to 50MB/s. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Illuminati Izzy, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

1. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult - Similar Threads - transfer speeds copying

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  4. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  5. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  6. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Copy status box not showing transfer speed

Copy status box not showing transfer speed: For the last week or so, the box showing the status of copy/paste actions has stopped showing the transfer speedinstead it looks like this file names blacked out:as you can see the text where it should show the speed is cut off part way.I have tried updating windows but the...
  8. Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds: Hello All, Not sure if this is the place for this or not. I recently upgraded from Windows Home Server 2011 to Windows 10 Pro due to whs being limited to 8gb of RAM and causing some other issues. I am seeing EXTREMELY slow transfer speeds across my network since my upgrade...
  9. Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed: Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to...
  10. File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Transfer Speed Extremely Low: Hi. I was trying to copy a 2gb file over to another folder, and the transfer speed dropped down to kilobytes or even bytes per second. Sometimes, however, it wildly fluctuates all over the place - from 4KB/s to 50MB/s. How can I fix this? Thanks. 76291