Windows 10: Transfer Storage Pool from one installation to another

Discus and support Transfer Storage Pool from one installation to another in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is on windows 10 Pro machine: I had a "bad" install of windows 10 1507(I think) and I just could never get it to update, nothing would ever work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elwormz, May 15, 2018.

1. elwormz Win User

Transfer Storage Pool from one installation to another

This is on windows 10 Pro machine:
    I had a "bad" install of windows 10 1507(I think) and I just could never get it to update, nothing would ever work. Microsoft gave me the "solution" of re-installing windows. I finally did on a 2nd hard drive, I know have 1803 on the same machine.

I have a 4 drive storage pool with single parity from the original machine. When I first reattached the drives after install they showed up, but only some of the folders are accessible. Some of the folder ask for administrative privileges to open, I agree, the machine will think and then allow access from there on forward.

Other folders will deny access, disconnect the pool (it wont show up in This PC anymore) and managing storage spaces will not allow it to be brought online. I have tried taking owner ship but it runs into specific files it cannot change the permissions on. Once the pool is disconnected I cannot get it reconnected. I unplug my 1803 hard drive and plug in the old install from the 1503, boot, shutdown, swap back in the 1803, boot and it just shows up.

Is there anything I can do to just wipe all permissions from files?

:)

elwormz, May 15, 2018

2. replacing a drive in storage pool

Hi Arni,

As you referring to replacement of failed drive under storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you created a storage pool on your device?
    • Which is the operating system installed on your device? Confirm to us if Windows 10.
    • Is your device connected to Windows Server/ domain network?

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2018
  3. rlmosk Win User
    Not happy with Storage Pools.

New computer and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I created a storage pool using 2 extra hard drives. It worked fine but I was unaware that by creating this pool I would lose the independent use of my files on Drive C. My normal Library files are
    now mirrored with the 2 extra drives I used to create the storage pool. I thought my C Drive (Library-Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, and Downloads) would stay separate from the storage pool and I could just copy files to my Storage Pool and delete them
    from my C: Drive if I wanted to.

I hope I'm explaining myself sufficiently. In other words, I thought creating a Storage Pool made 2 extra hard drives into one and you could copy files from the C: Drive when you wanted. Also, be able to delete files from the C: Drive in order to not fill
    it up so much. My C: Drive is a 512 GB SS drive. My 2 extra hard drives are 3TB each standard 7200 RPM SATA hard drives.

If this is how this works, I think I would rather have my drives back the way they were. Is there a way to reverse the Storage Pool?

Thanks.

rlmosk, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Transfer Storage Pool from one installation to another

1. Transfer Storage Pool from one installation to another - Similar Threads - Transfer Storage Pool

2. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  3. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  4. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.: I recently purchased an NVMe drive and I'm trying to transfer the windows installation to that drive. I've already transferred all the data and recovery partitions using MiniTool partition wizard, and I've changed the boot priority to the new drive in BIOS but it's still...
  5. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.: I recently purchased an NVMe drive and I'm trying to transfer the windows installation to that drive. I've already transferred all the data and recovery partitions using MiniTool partition wizard, and I've changed the boot priority to the new drive in BIOS but it's still...
  6. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Transfer speed from one SSD to another...: I feel like the transfer rate should be a LOT faster than 20-30mb/s average moving one movie file from one SSD to another. My boot drive and games are on NVME's. Movies/TV shows on 1 SSD Downloads go to a 2nd SSD Installation apps/random stuff goes on the 3rd SSD. 177578
  8. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  9. Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  10. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to import storage pool from another machine

2. trANSFER POOLS

3. transfer pool

4. trnsfer storage pool,
  5. transfer storrage pool from computer