Windows 10: Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?

Discus and support Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built my last computer in 2012 using Win7. I upgraded to Win10 when it became available. I'm now going to build a new machine with only a few parts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CalypsoArt, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?

I built my last computer in 2012 using Win7. I upgraded to Win10 when it became available. I'm now going to build a new machine with only a few parts from the current one. The old machine will be decommissioned, and it's SSD will become a data drive for the new machine which will be using a m.2 boot drive.

Is there a way to legally transfer my Win10 license as a clean install to the new machine when built?

:)

CalypsoArt, Feb 20, 2018
  2. EnaFM Win User

Transfering Win10 digital license to a new computer?

Hello!

How does one transfer a digital license of Win 10 from one computer to another?

I have found online how to transfer from one computer to another a boxed version of Win10, found information that it's not possible to transfer license if Win10 is upgraded from Win7, but can't seem to find what to do in case of digital licenses.

Thank you!

EnaFM, Feb 20, 2018
  3. WOEHAA Win User
    Previous win7 Pro install was eligible, new PC (+new install) is not? Is a transfer of license possible?

My "old" PC had a genuine win7 pro license that was upgraded from a win vista license.

This "old" PC was eligible for the win10 upgrade and I postponing to download it, since I was going to buy a complete new PC anyway.

With my new PC also came a new win7 pro install (Dell based), mainly because the whole win vista>7 install was bugging me since the win vista DVD was not recognized by the new system.

But this new win 7 pro install (all genuine, activated, updated and everything) still hasn't recieved the win10 upgrade deal.

Is it possible to use the previous license (still owned by me) to get the win10 upgrade transferred to my new system?

Kind regards,

Henk

WOEHAA, Feb 20, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?

5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?

1. Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build? - Similar Threads - Transfer Upgraded Win10

2. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  3. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  4. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  5. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  6. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  8. Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build: My current build is Windows 10 and have installed MS Outlook 2016 Pro Plus. I have a backup copy of my Outlook 2007 PST file from my previous computer that had Windows 7 Home. In fact, I have my old hard drive with all my MS Office 2007 files on it. My old emails, up to...
  9. Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10: My compuiter was running "Windows Live Mail" under Win7 quite(?) happily. Then Microsoft persuaded me to upgrade to Win10, which aslo ran quite(?) happily until last December.Then things went pear-shaped. The upshot was, I went out & bought a new computer, running Win10. I...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716