Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexandra Filipchenko, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?

:)

Alexandra Filipchenko, Aug 7, 2018
  2. little cat, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

1. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive - Similar Threads - Transfer another hard

2. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  3. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  4. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive

Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive: Hello, I bought a computer that had windows 10 home on it. I went to upgrade to pro in the windows store so I can make sure to get this computer on my domain. Recently the computer is having hard drive issues and requires me to replace the hard drive. I was wondering is...
  6. Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?: I apologize if this is the wrong sub! Basically, my Windows 10 Pro and some other personal files are on a smaller SSD, and I just bought a bigger SSD. Is there a way for me to transfer my Windows 10 Pro OS from the smaller SSD to the bigger SSD without having to reinstall...
  7. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  8. Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer: I bought a computer last fall and it ran great after I upgraded it into a gaming computer. The only issue that is starting to arise is that the old hard drive has started skipping and isn't running near as quickly as my other hard drives. I have a brand new barracuda 2tb hard...
  9. transfer one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer one hard drive to another?: How to I transfer One Hard drive to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-one-hard-drive-to-another/0999f86b-9ea6-439b-84b4-e510b8a0e59a"
  10. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...