Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexandra Filipchenko, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?

:)

Alexandra Filipchenko, Aug 7, 2018
  2. little cat, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

1. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive - Similar Threads - Transfer another hard

2. Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC: Situation: I have two Laptop PC's, 1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying. I have a Prod ID, a Prod Key and the Activation window states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  3. Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive: I just bought a laptop with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is install on 128GB SSD and i had extend partition to it maximum. So can i extend my C partition to 1 TB HDD? (something like RAID 0, but my laptop lenovo ideapad 320s had no RAID in BIOS). So any solution can...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...
  5. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...
  6. I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...: I downloaded Sea Of Thieves onto my secondary hard drive and it was running really slow. So I made space on my SSD and tried to transfer it over using the Move command in the Settings panel.. My computer crashed half way through the transfer and now I can't resume the...
  7. I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk

I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk: Hi, my problem is that I recently damaged my hard drive, I just bought a new one and the question is? Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old hard drive to the new one? my Winows 10 is original I have the license with the key, I would not like to buy a new windows again because...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive: Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive. Thank you Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-windows-10-to-ssd-hard-drive/1185c915-abfb-4f58-b907-4418a1643ba8
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hi My first post so I hope I am in the right place. The Hdd that contains my windows !0 is playing up. I have a spare Hdd on my computer, is it possible to reinstall to the other drive. My current Win 10 was a free upgrade from Win 7. 58866
  10. transfer hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer hard drive: My old computer was a windows 8 that was upgraded to windows 10. I just ordered a new i5 6600 which comes with windows 10, a 250G SSD and 1 TB hard drive.. My old hard drive appears to be a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA which seems to be the same as the one in my new Vanquish....