Windows 10: Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.

Discus and support Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Unlike almost EVERYONE else lol, I didn't not upgrade to Win10, I went to the store, bought a copy of Win19 on a disc, and a new HDD and did a dual... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DeathStalker, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.

Unlike almost EVERYONE else lol, I didn't not upgrade to Win10, I went to the store, bought a copy of Win19 on a disc, and a new HDD and did a dual boot with Vista64 and Win10 64 pro.

As such, I have to move files. What I didn't think about was my massive online cooking library saved on Firefox bookmarks.

Is there a file somewhere I don't know about on my Vista HDD that has my Firefox bookmarks that I can transfer to my new version of Firefox on my Win10 HDD?

As soon as I transfer the rest of my files, I'm going to reformat the HDD with my Vista on it and reuse it.

:)

DeathStalker, Aug 8, 2015
  2. ROBBIESZ Win User

Query about transferring files from Windows Vista to Windows 10

Original title:. Transferring Info To a New computer

Am switching from a Vista computer to a new one with Windows 10. How can I transfer my Contacts and my bookmarks to the new one. My Contact list is on Windows Mail and my bookmarks are on Google Chrome, IE and Firefox. About 80% are duplicates of each other
    so if I can get even 1 to be transferred it will be a plus.

ROBBIESZ, Aug 8, 2015
  3. I have 37,942 bookmarks - How do you transfer them from CTransfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10. :Drive to edge ????

The transfer used to be automatic with IE.

But not with edge.

The only info Microsoft is offering is how to transfer bookmarks from Firefox and/or Chrome. And that's not enough info for people to make the transfer - Microsoft should know better.

It makes no sense, because millions of people store their bookmarks in the Favorites folder found on the CTransfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10. :Drive, as opposed to storing them on Firefox or Chrome.

Also, some of those same people keep, and guard, said bookmarks on EHD's (external hard drives).

Paula.Nurse, Aug 8, 2015
  4. cyberSAR Win User

Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.

cyberSAR, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Oh cool.

So I can create that profile on the Vista boot, then move the file from that HDD to the Win10 HDD and reboot the computer into the Win10 open the newly moved file and it will load?

I'll try that later and let you know how it works.

Thanks for the help cyberSAR.

6. ossie Win User
    ossie, Aug 8, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Click on #1 then #2. Create an account then sign in to sync. The bookmark/Add-ons will automatically sync to any PC that you have Firefox installed. In addition, any bookmark/add-ons that you add later on in one PC will also be synced to the others.

Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Gary, Aug 8, 2015
  9. @topgun: I'm not really a joiner. They collect enough info on me without my knowledge and consent that I hesitate to give them more.

What kind of glop do they want you to give them to *join * firefox?

10. Well dang it cyberSAR, I tried Topgun's method and it worked so fast and so quickly I didn't have a time to try your method.

As far as creating a Firefox account all it asked for was an email addy (and I'm so old I have many throw aways) and a password. Doesn't look like it is too inrusive so far.

DeathStalker, Aug 9, 2015
  11. cyberSAR Win User
    Glad it worked! I don't sync Firefox but I include my profile folder in backups. Has never let me down. Restores my passwords, bookmarks, customizations and addons.

cyberSAR, Aug 9, 2015
  12. topgundcp Win User
    As you found out. Firefox does not ask for your personal Info, just an email so it can send you an email to verify it is a legitimate account.

It only takes a couple of minutes to create an email account just to sync your bookmark and you don't have to put in any personal info. Once you sign up for sync, Firefox will send you an email to verify then you can go to email settings and set it not to receive any email that is not in the cantact list, which is empty so you would never get any email for that account.

It is very handy especially when you have mutiple PC's, they will always be in sync. If you delete/add a bookmark/Add-on in one then they will be automatically updated to all other PC's. No need to backup/Restore.

Hope this helps !!!

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10. - Similar Threads - Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks

2. Firefox for Android Bookmark?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox for Android Bookmark?: Does anyone know how to save bookmarks in Firefox on a Android phone? I tried following the guides I found using Google and they all say to click on the star. When I click on bookmarks I don't have a star to click on. 166779
  3. Transferring bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring bookmarks: How can I transfer all my bookmarks in Windows 10 to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-bookmarks/0c7020a5-4f28-4e65-87df-0ce5da3ad30a
  4. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  5. FireFox bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox bookmarks: After years of using FF, backing up and restoring older ones I "acquired" a mile long list and between them many duplicates, some in folders which are also exact duplicates. From time to time I have to clean them manually one by one. Is there some way to do it automatically ?...
  6. Transfering Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering Bookmarks: Trying to Transfer Bookmarks from Windows 7 to 10 on new PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/transfering-bookmarks/161998a1-aac3-4749-a2a9-5b71e355c2f0
  7. Importing Bookmarks from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Bookmarks from Firefox: Hi I am trying to import my Firefox bookmarks from my old computer into Windows 10, I have looked an some earlier forum discussions but cannot get them to move over. I have downloaded them into an HTML file on a USB stick, can I input from this anyway? 46615
  8. Firefox Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks: Hi. The new Firefox Quantum has done something unwelcome with my bookmarking procedure - when I click 'Bookmark This Page' the entry goes to 'Other Bookmarks' whereas I prefer them in the Bookmarks Menu (i.e. not in a folder). Is there a setting I can change to make Bookmarks...
  9. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  10. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer bookmarks from vista to win10