Windows 10: Transferring Administrator Account Profile

Discus and support Transferring Administrator Account Profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, Upgraded to W10 from W7 several months ago now and activated and used only the built-in Administrator account. Which is what I have done for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ghines, Nov 23, 2015.

1. ghines Win User

Transferring Administrator Account Profile

Hi all,

Upgraded to W10 from W7 several months ago now and activated and used only the built-in Administrator account. Which is what I have done for many years now to stop the UAC popups.

However, I have soon discovered this Administrator account, while blocking the UAC popups has some serious limitations. Like cannot run Edge or any of the Metro Apps. Yes, I have tried the workarounds but they too have issues.

So how can I transferred all my settings for my programs and windows to another local username?

Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA

Greg

:)

ghines, Nov 23, 2015

2. Notifications not working

Since the newly created administrator account is working, we suggest that you transfer to the account with the working notifications as the issue is within the old profile.

Update us on the outcome.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Nov 23, 2015
  3. Touchpad not working on admin account

That sounds great! Now, we suggest that you remove your Microsoft account from the administrator account that's experiencing the issue. If the touchpad still doesn't work, we advise that you use an external mouse. There's a high possibility that your administrator
    profile is corrupted. You may also transfer your files to the new administrator account.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 23, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

One thing to try might be Windows Enabler utility, which will enable the "Copy to..." button in "Advanced system settings -> User profiles" window. That should let you to copy you entire 'Users\Administrator" folder, thus handing it over to another user profile.

However, I'm not sure if there are any peculiarities in the built-in Administrator account that would prevent this trick from working properly.

AndreyT, Nov 23, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    By default Microsoft has disabled the Guest & Administrator accounts in Windows 10, in an attempt to protect the OS from users bad habits.

You never want to run as Administrator, because it basically gives free reign to any infection that may attach itself to your OS. A user as an Administrator, just means they are a trusted user, but still will get the UAC prompts as they should, to warn them of possible issues. Most of the times it is because the program is not trusted in Microsoft's license/certificate library.

bro67, Nov 23, 2015
  6. ghines Win User
    Thanks for the idea, and WE does copy over the profile but after you login to the new account lots of stuff is not working and I'm getting explorer errors.

Any other ideas appreciated.

TIA

Greg

ghines, Nov 24, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    Create a new account. You cannot do it that way anymore, because 8 & 10 use a roaming profile stored on their servers.

bro67, Nov 24, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Local account information is not stored on Microsoft servers and the built-in Administrator account is a local account.

NavyLCDR, Nov 24, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    We all know that. The Roaming profile will not take if you copy it from one machine to another, because it contains last known info and screws up the profile on Microsoft's servers.

Even before allof this roaming profile crap. Microsoft made it hard to move profile info even then.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Transferring Administrator Account Profile - Similar Threads - Transferring Administrator Account

2. User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.: Hey, I need help with fixing my computer. I tried to do a factory reset to my computer and it failed. I got to the point where it said cloud or local download, but it said cloud didn’t work so try local. i did local and after that i tried to log back in and it said User...
  3. User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.: Hey, I need help with fixing my computer. I tried to do a factory reset to my computer and it failed. I got to the point where it said cloud or local download, but it said cloud didn’t work so try local. i did local and after that i tried to log back in and it said User...
  4. User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Profile: How do I delete the Administrator profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-profile/103613c1-3631-41b0-b02c-e73a71f943ba
  6. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Profile: How do I delete the Administrator profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-profile/103613c1-3631-41b0-b02c-e73a71f943ba
  7. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile: To get iTunes for Windows 10, I logged into my hotmail account to access Microsoft Store. At the end of my work , while I was making sure if I signed out from all my accounts I logged into, there I found out , my hotmail email account had initiated with the " Computer...
  9. Disable built in Administrator Account and it's Profile SRX1502571152ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable built in Administrator Account and it's Profile SRX1502571152ID: A Microsoft support technician had me to enable the local built in Administrator account pursuant to SRX1502571152ID. I NO longer need the built-in Administrator account or the profile it created. However, I cannot find how to disable the account and how to remove the...
  10. transfer profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    transfer profile: Trying to transfer profile to another account. The delete and copy options of the one I which to transfer are grayed out. Why? Of the profiles I have only the default allows a copy to: option. ?? Thanks 85243