Windows 10: transferring contacts from one email provider to my new email provider

Discus and support transferring contacts from one email provider to my new email provider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i switched providers and want to know once i cancel the old provider email will my contacts stay so i can use them with my new email? i haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lindawilsonYS, Sep 4, 2018.

1. transferring contacts from one email provider to my new email provider

i switched providers and want to know once i cancel the old provider email will my contacts stay so i can use them with my new email? i haven't cancelled my old provider yet as i want to make sure i can do it without losing all my contact. or do i need to write down all the contacts and re-enter them into the new email address? i have Windows Live Mail 2011 and a microsoft support person says it is obsolete so he could not help me.

:)

lindawilsonYS, Sep 4, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Yahoo Email Contacts List

At work I have a rather large list of contacts, sometimes I have multiple email addresses within one single contact. For example, lets say I have a contact "Bob", within that contact I have L: emailaddress1@techpowerupisawesome.com and L: emailaddress2@techpowerupisawesome.com. When I begin a new email, if I type "Bob", both of these addresses will appear, but I can only select one. I'd like to select both without having to retype Bob to make the list appear again to click the other.

I'm aware you can click the "To:" button to make the list of contacts appear, but you need to scroll down and find your contact, then shift click to select them all. Scrolling around can be troublesome with the amount of contacts I have. I'm not really interested in making groups for various reasons.

So is what I'm trying to do possible or am I asking too much?

OrbitzXT, Sep 4, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Sep 4, 2018
  4. gkuep1945 Win User

transferring contacts from one email provider to my new email provider

Need help organizing contacts in Win7 Live Email

I use Windows7 Live Email and need to have separate groups of email contacts. Live maintains all the contacts and allows grouping into categories but they still reside in the main list. I need to have separate groups for camera club, friends, and relatives. I don't want to have to look thru the whole list to find a business contact not in a group.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this or another email program to use that will?

Thanks!

gkuep1945, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

transferring contacts from one email provider to my new email provider

1. transferring contacts from one email provider to my new email provider - Similar Threads - transferring contacts email

2. I cannot unlock my device using email provided

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot unlock my device using email provided: Purchased surface pro x and during set-up provided work email address which was verified using impravavta ID. There were updates and afterwards when I try to open with email provided it says incorrect username or password?...
  3. Email is not being received. This link was provided to original sender-...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email is not being received. This link was provided to original sender-...: Email is not being received. This link was provided to original sender- https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-is-not-being-received-this-link-was-provided/9389a841-7773-4945-aec0-73c94969f1ba
  4. Is it email providers or the facebook servers?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it email providers or the facebook servers?: I was wondering if anyone ever came across this before. I have tried to see if anyone on facebook, or their community forum, or other social media forums have an answer to this and I've come up with nothing. I've also reported the issue to facebook twice. I've also reached...
  5. Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed?

in Browsers and Email
    Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed?: Is there such a list - to save me searching each time. I know some of them - such as [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] But to save searching them out everytime - is there a list that can be quickly accessed please? Right now I need the one for...
  6. Transfer files/photos/emails from one laptop to a new one.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer files/photos/emails from one laptop to a new one.: Hey, just got another laptop that runs Win10 S, and am having issues with transferring docs/photos/apps all of which were on the older laptop that also has Win10only two years old. Both are HP, so life expectancy is short on both. Is it the Smeaning extra security, or is a...
  7. Emailing my contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emailing my contacts: OneDrive keeps sending emails to my contacts stating that I have shared a document with them - which I haven’t. Any idea why this is? And how can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailing-my-contacts/fccbec31-341e-449e-8ff0-e1acb6235cab"
  8. Is it possible to forward email from specific email provider on Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to forward email from specific email provider on Gmail: Hey guys, Is it possible to forward Gmail email from specific email provider but not all emails on another Gmail account ? Regards. 128726
  9. defender will not let me open a link in an email from a known provider

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender will not let me open a link in an email from a known provider: defender will not let me open a link in an email from a known company to open a password change email. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-will-not-let-me-open-a-link-in-an-email/a6e271c7-e818-4d96-abfc-69fdf7098f2a
  10. Virgin.net email provider ceasing to exist.

in Browsers and Email
    Virgin.net email provider ceasing to exist.: Hello Two things have recently happened 1/ just had my W10 auto upgrade and all is working well. 2/ found out that my email provider virgin.net is ceasing to exist. I'm running this email through windows live mail and all seems to be working well. I have always used...