Windows 10: Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8

Discus and support Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried (and tried!) to copy my contacts from Windows Live Mail into my new Samsung Galaxy 8. I've been on all the forums looking for answers... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by irisk1, Aug 29, 2016.

1. irisk1 Win User

Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8

I have tried (and tried!) to copy my contacts from Windows Live Mail into my new Samsung Galaxy 8. I've been on all the forums looking for answers without success. Can someone help me with this please.
    Many thanks
    iris

:)

irisk1, Aug 29, 2016

2. Can't access some contacts in on Outlook after migrating to Android (Samsung S8) from drowned iPhone

Is your contact list accessible on your s8? Cuz your data can't be transferred from an iphone to samsung.

Dickson Raul, Aug 29, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    New Phone

Set up on the Samsung S8 the account which you used as a default account on your HTC Windows phone and all contacts should synchronise automatically to the S8.

93tid, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Export your Contacts on Outlook.com and then import the File created into Gmail.com

I don't think exporting from WLM worked , Gmail didn't like the file IIRC.

and the phone should sync them up, at least I think that was what I did on my Nexus 6P (been 6 months so maybe changed?)

KB

Kbird, Aug 29, 2016
  5. irisk1 Win User
    Thank you. Not sure if it makes a difference but its a tablet I'm trying to import them to, not a phone. ?

irisk1, Aug 30, 2016
  6. VBJP Win User
    Is it Windows live mail software and local contacts or online contacts on windows live (aka outlook account) or other similar service like gmail etc?
    If contacts are from online service like outlook.com there should be way to sing in to that account from Galaxy 8. I used Android phones/tablets with windows live/outlook.com account and contacts just got imported automatically.

7. Kbird Win User
    I didn't realise it was a Tablet but no it shouldn't , the above I did on the Web with Internet Explorer , once the Contacts are in Gmail (webmail) they will sync to the Android Device too

How to Import / Export Contacts Between Outlook and Gmail

Transfer contacts between Outlook 2007 and Google Gmail - Outlook

Import contacts into your Gmail account - Gmail Help

VBJP is also right there are other ways , you could use the Android App for Outlook on the Tablet too or an App like BlueMail for all your Email Accounts

KB

Kbird, Aug 30, 2016
  8. batlhilz Win User

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Transferring contacts from Windows Live Mail to Samsung S8 - Similar Threads - Transferring contacts Live

2. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  3. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  4. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  5. Merging contacts from Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging contacts from Live Mail to Windows Mail: OK. I have finally managed to move my contact list onto the new PC. They all appear in the People tab in Windows mail. Here's my problem - hundreds of them appear as " unnamed contact". When I click on them, it does show the name and email address, but only in the "notes"...
  6. lost contacts in Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost contacts in Windows live mail: Hi, I recently changed password for my Microsoft account because it asked me too. recently got 1909 Since then my live mail has asked me for a password which I cannot remember. I assume that is my Microsoft accouunt password. It has now lost my contacts. At the moment...
  7. Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts: I still use WLM and am a bit peeved about loss of support. Anyways I have just moved from an old to a new PC. The usual nightmare. (I bought Laplink but it didn't work - mainly because I have a SSd c Drive which seems to confuse the. In the end I had to pay Laplink more to do...
  8. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  9. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!: I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV file into the People app on my new laptop but it doesn't seem possible . Surely I haven't got to re enter every contact? Any...
  10. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508