Windows 10: Transferring Vista Mail to the People app

Discus and support Transferring Vista Mail to the People app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just added an email address to Windows Mail. How can I copy all the Contacts from Windows Vista to this new app given that there is no Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roninnwy, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Roninnwy Win User

Transferring Vista Mail to the People app

I have just added an email address to Windows Mail.

How can I copy all the Contacts from Windows Vista to this new app given that there is no Outlook or Google account involved ... it is an email address provided by a broadband supplier.

:)

Roninnwy, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Transferring Vista Mail to the People app

Mail/People App

Hello Frank,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Kindly provide us a screenshot of the said Mail/People app issue.

Meanwhile, we suggest running the Windows app troubleshooter,
    this tool automatically diagnose and repair common problems with Windows Store apps.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Transferring Vista Mail to the People app

1. Transferring Vista Mail to the People app - Similar Threads - Transferring Vista Mail

2. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  3. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  4. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  5. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  6. People app in Windows 10 Mail

People app in Windows 10 Mail: People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The...
  7. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  8. Windows mail App is not working with People App

Windows mail App is not working with People App: I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do...
  9. Mail App People Have Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App People Have Disappeared: Am exploring the use of Mail app under W10 and things were going fine until this morning. I opened the app and found all the people have disappeared. I get a message saying."All your contacts are hidden, but you can still find them by searching. To see more contacts, tap...
  10. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!: I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV file into the People app on my new laptop but it doesn't seem possible . Surely I haven't got to re enter every contact? Any...