Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Atom1, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Atom1 Win User

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I would be able to transfer the license to the new PC, but when I install it, and try to activate, I get activation error 0xC004C003. I've called Microsoft support several time, which has not fixed it. I removed the license from the original machine with slmgr.

Can anyone tell me how t his is supposed to work.

:)

Atom1, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 26, 2018
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

1. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL - Similar Threads - Transferring license another

2. Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC: Hello! I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. In a couple of days I will get a new PC. I'd like to transfer my digital license from this PC to the one I will get. Is this possible? And if it is, how exactly can I do that?...
  3. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile: Hi, I have a laptop, which came with a Windows 10 OEM license. It is now activated in my windows live account or something like that. If I reinstall the OS completely and log in on this laptop, no new activation is needed. This is fine. But soon I will buy a new laptop, and...
  4. Transfer windows 10 upgrade that failed to load to another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer windows 10 upgrade that failed to load to another PC: I have an OEM windows 10 home PC. Purchased an upgrade to windows 10 pro. It failed to load and restored my home version. How to I transfer that Windows 10 pro upgrade to another computer?...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...
  6. transferring individual license to another person

transferring individual license to another person: Hello guys! I'd like to know which is the best approach when selling a computer that is running a copy of windows I personally bought. If the new owner does something against the License Agreement or I don't know, maybe installs unlicensed software on that machine, who is...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC: Situation: I have two Laptop PC's, 1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying. I have a Prod ID, a Prod Key and the Activation window states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  8. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer: Dear Community, One of my Laptops running Windows 10 Pro has died irretrievably and I want to transfer the license to a new PC. How do I go about this? Thanks Lynn...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...
  10. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...