Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Atom1, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Atom1 Win User

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I would be able to transfer the license to the new PC, but when I install it, and try to activate, I get activation error 0xC004C003. I've called Microsoft support several time, which has not fixed it. I removed the license from the original machine with slmgr.

Can anyone tell me how t his is supposed to work.

:)

Atom1, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 26, 2018
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

1. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL - Similar Threads - Transferring license another

2. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  3. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  4. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. question about license transfer to another pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about license transfer to another pc.: I have activated my pc with windows 10 retail. I bought it from microsoft. My question is if I take out my ssd on which i have windows 10 installed and put it into another pc would windows 10 license get automatically transfered to that pc as well?I dont want the license to...
  6. question about license transfer to another pc.

question about license transfer to another pc.: I have activated my pc with windows 10 retail. I bought it from microsoft. My question is if I take out my ssd on which i have windows 10 installed and put it into another pc would windows 10 license get automatically transfered to that pc as well?I dont want the license to...
  7. Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail

Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail: Hi, I have been getting so many mixed message regarding "retail" not OEM version of Windows 10 that I just want to get some confirmation. Can windows 10 pro retail transferable to another pc infinitely as long it's tied to one pc? Some shops told me that there is a limit to...
  8. Transfering windows 10 license to another computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering windows 10 license to another computer?: Hi there, I have a laptop bought in 2017 which came with Windows 10. I no longer use this laptop, and am planning to build a new PC. Can I transfer the Windows 10 license from that laptop to my new PC? submitted by /u/greenstuffs21 [link] [comments]...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...
  10. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...