Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 to new drive

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 to new drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba S855 S5254 laptop that originally came with preinstalled Windows (8 I think) that I upgraded to Windows 10 home when the upgrade was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Curious, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Curious Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to new drive

I have a Toshiba S855 S5254 laptop that originally came with preinstalled Windows (8 I think) that I upgraded to Windows 10 home when the upgrade was still free.
    I am thinking of replacing its hdd with a 1 tb ssd. Will Microsoft allow me to move the Windows 10 OS to the new drive and activate it? Is it just a matter of restoring an image backup to the new drive?
    Thanks.

:)

Curious, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
  3. How to transfer windows 8/10 to new hard drive

I have a windows 8 installation disk with licence, I used it to build a computer.

I have since used the free upgrade to windows 10 on this computer.

I just purchased a new SSD drive that I want to install in this computer.

I am looking for step by step instructions on the best way to install or transfer windows 10 to this new drive.

Do I install the windows 8 and then upgrade to windows 10? Will I have to pay to do that? Do I need to do anything before the install? Take down the key or licence number somewhere? Where do I find that?

Any help or suggestions would be of great assistance.

Thanks.

TimRebstock, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Transferring Windows 10 to new drive

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 to new drive

1. Transferring Windows 10 to new drive - Similar Threads - Transferring drive

2. When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...: When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-transfering-pictures-to-my-external-hard/3b13f5ec-5a7d-45e2-b94d-01061aff7328
  3. When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate...: When transfering pictures to my external hard drive how can I set it up to catch duplicate pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-transfering-pictures-to-my-external-hard/3b13f5ec-5a7d-45e2-b94d-01061aff7328
  4. How to transfer Windows 10 to another drive or install it a second time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer Windows 10 to another drive or install it a second time?: I have my windows 10 operating system installed onto my hard drive 2TB , but i want to put it on my m.2 500GB instead. I've had this computer for around 5 years so I very much do not want to reset my hard drive because of all of the files on it. I've looked around for answers...
  5. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...: I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop but I can't see the pictures...when I click on the picture it says "its looks like we don't support this file format" what's the solution??...
  6. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...: I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop but I can't see the pictures...when I click on the picture it says "its looks like we don't support this file format" what's the solution??...
  7. I transferred some pictures from pen drive to laptop, but I can't see the pictures...when I...

8. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?

How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?: I need to know how to transfer the C drive of Windows 10 that you have listed in Microsoft to my laptop. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks....
  9. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?: I need to know how to transfer the C drive of Windows 10 that you have listed in Microsoft to my laptop. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks....
  10. How do I transfer This PC from your site to my hard drive?