Windows 10: Translations left after display language change

Discus and support Translations left after display language change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Today, I changed the display language on my laptop from Polish to English. I did it the official way - through Settings > Speech, region,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sukhoi191, Dec 22, 2016.

1. sukhoi191 Win User

Translations left after display language change

Hello!

Today, I changed the display language on my laptop from Polish to English. I did it the official way - through Settings > Speech, region, date > Languages > Add a language.

It worked for the most part, although I still have some translations left in Start menu, even after two restarts.
    For example, here are the results, when I type "settings":

Translations left after display language change [​IMG]

Moreover, clicking on elements in red rectangle doesn't do anything. It seems like they were cached somewhere and I can't find any information about this problem in Google.

Any ideas on how to solve it are welcome.

:)

sukhoi191, Dec 22, 2016
  2. shehbazxx Win User

Change default display language in Windows 10 Home Single Language

So my laptop was purchased in China which came with authentic windows 8.1. I recently upgraded to windows 10 through official pop up notification. However after trying all means I couldn't alter the display
    language.

In the settings-region and language-language-add a language

I am able to add any language in here but when I click options in one of the added language, there's no option of "download language pack" as many tutorials on internet.

I have tried under English (United Kingdom) "set language as primary" but after restart, nothing's changed . Still display Chinese.

In control panel-add a language-options-windows display language

Again there's no option of setting a new language as display language, it says under windows display language "not available in this version of Windows" (something like this, I did the translation).

I can add or change input keyboard without problem.

The version of windows currently in my laptop is "Windows 10 Home Chinese Version" (something like this, again I did the translation). Is this the reason I can't change display language? Someone please help?

shehbazxx, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Tzon Win User
    Translator App tile displays wrong name!

When I 'pinned to start' the Bing Translator app on my Nokia Lumia cell phone, the application title changed from 'Translator' to 'wallet'! I could still see the translation logo but the background had changed (image instead of solid color) and the word
    'wallet' was displayed on top. I tried resizing, un-pinning and re-pinning the app and finally restarting my phone, but nothing changed. Finally, I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. For a moment the app was ok, but after I launched it for the first time
    (after reinstall) it displayed the title 'bank'!

What is wrong with this app? Could it be the region system settings? I've set everything to Greek except the display language which is English (US).

I would appreciate any help.

4. Asuza Win User

Asuza, Dec 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Translations left after display language change - Similar Threads - Translations left display

2. Translation issue after language pack installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Translation issue after language pack installation.: Hi,I installed .NET 4.7.2 language pack for chinese-simplified. But my default strings where not gets translated. I can't able to find the presentationcore.resources dll in the windows folder. Please help me out if you know any solution for this....
  3. Translation issue after language pack installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translation issue after language pack installation.: Hi,I installed .NET 4.7.2 language pack for chinese-simplified. But my default strings where not gets translated. I can't able to find the presentationcore.resources dll in the windows folder. Please help me out if you know any solution for this....
  4. Translation issue after language pack installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Language translation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language translation: My laptop is translating things into English. Fine but it's translating French addresses which is causing me problems. How do I switch off translation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-translation/0be4d1d8-9ed3-48e3-a71f-54959c162d7d
  6. Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft...

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft...: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is equipped with a native feature that brings translation features to the browser. In this post, we will show you how to disable […] This post Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft Edge is from...
  7. Changing Display Language

Changing Display Language: Im trying to change the Display Language to Hebrew we do it for all the computers here we are a israeli company so use Hebrew did a 1000s+ time shouldn't be a problem right? but no Microsoft freaking updates man. (sorry for being rude but I like to rant you would...
  8. Translation in Finnish language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translation in Finnish language: [ATTACH] This translation means "Clear 3 decks in time 1 or faster" but it should be "Clear 3 deck with 1 deal or less" because there is no time in the challenge, this seems to only occur in pyramid and tripeaks games tho....
  9. changing display language

changing display language: When I try to change windows display language to Arabic the only choice I have is English (uk). I hope that you may help me with this problem?...
  10. Change display language

Change display language: Hi, I use en-NZ (main) as well as Korean. Problem is that when I install Korean language and keyboard, it seems to automatically come with English (United Kingdom). Funny thing is that the display language is also changed to English (United Kingdom). I haven't installed...