Windows 10: Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

Discus and support Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. What could it be and how to get rid of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelChaplya, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. What could it be and how to get rid of it?

:)

MichaelChaplya, Feb 25, 2024
  2. chasfh Win User

How to Stop Pop-Up Windows From Appearing Off-Screen?

I am on Win 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592).

Almost every time I click on a browser link in which a pop-up box with more information is to appear, the window always winds up way offscreen. I have two screens, one the native laptop screen and the other an HDMI-attached monitor, but it doesn't matter which of the two screens the browser is in: the pop-up window goes way off the screen. When I click the browser's program box while open in the taskbar, I can see the window whizzing in from offscreen to minimize, and then whizzing back to the offscreen ether when I click it again.

I can manually bring the window back into view by shift/right-clicking on the program and choosing "maximize", but that's an extra step I wouldn't mind cutting out. What I really want is for the pop-up box to show up on the same screen in the first place, just like it did on my old (Windows 7) computer and, dare I say, as it is supposed to in the first place.

Is this a known issue with a known fix?

- - - Updated - - -

Bump. Anyone?

chasfh, Feb 25, 2024
  3. User Account Control Restart Computer Pop-Up

At my office we have an issue with the user account control protocol that shows a pop-up periodically. A notification appears for a very short time saying "You must restart your computer to turn off User Account Control" which we have done but the notification
    continues to appear. We have UAC turned off through the group policy but the window still pops up occasionally on the 30 or so machines we have on the network. I included a picture of the error if it helps so any information would be appreciated!

Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. 6d275392-fbc0-430c-a6f6-e9343dd8712e.png

AlexMorrisonITOS, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.

Okay, thanks, Dave. I have followed steps 1 & 2 first. So far, so good, and no pop-ups have come up yet.

Regarding the list of websites that I have allowed producing notifications, they are all fine and friendly apps that I use. However, nowhere on this list is McAfee or any of the other notifications that had originally popped up on the lower right-hand side of my computer screen. Where will these settings be so I can disable them?

HB

Heathside boy, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

1. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. - Similar Threads - Translucent sound control

2. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.: Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. What could it be and how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/translucent-sound-control-pop-ups-periodically/0c1325b6-c101-4774-a6b1-647d0a490085
  3. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.: Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. What could it be and how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/translucent-sound-control-pop-ups-periodically/0c1325b6-c101-4774-a6b1-647d0a490085
  4. Notification Sound But No Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Sound But No Pop-up: Recently I noticed that there's something wrong with my notifications. I can hear the notification sound but there is no pop-up displayed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  5. Speakers pops periodically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers pops periodically: System: Windows10 Version 20H2 Battery or AC: Both Model: UX330UA Frequency of occurrence: After each playing sound Reset OS: Many times, Also delete driver an re-install it ======================== Detailed description It is some days that when I change the volume on my...
  6. User Account Controls - pop up screen removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Controls - pop up screen removal: Running Windows 10 v.1809 Can anyone advise me please – I’ve spent the last three hours trying to solve my problem, looked at umpteen tutorials but still getting nowhere. Basically I am trying to remove the UAC pop up screen that appears EVERY time I try do run ANYTHING on...
  7. Dos Cmd window pops up periodically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dos Cmd window pops up periodically: A Dos command window pops up periodically with the following in it. FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the path specified. Cannot access file C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\+ FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  8. WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    WhatsNew.Store.exe Popping up periodically after boot: I am trying to figure out the cause of this recent anomaly and how to disable it. Periodically after I boot (and not every time--maybe every 5th or 6th time or every 2-3 days), I see the popup in the attached. I looked at WinStore.App.exe in process list and it did not...
  9. Sound change pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound change pop up: there is always this giant pop up whenever i go to change the sound. How can i turn this off.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-change-pop-up/33060786-8b19-47ea-8caf-3b92e73803bf
  10. Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Window Flashing / Popping Up Periodically: Hi, So a window keeps popping up periodically. It just flashes and goes away. I cannot see a title or anything in the window. I am concerned it is malware or a virus of some sort. How can I tell? Thanks, Robert 85740