Windows 10: Trapped

Discus and support Trapped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a new (refurbished) HP computer and it's good. But I was shocked that I cannot load any other browsers....will this be forever and ever?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017.

1. mssparkie Win User

Trapped

I just bought a new (refurbished) HP computer and it's good.
    But I was shocked that I cannot load any other browsers....will this be forever and ever?
    Also I have been using Office 2010 for the past few years which I bought from an authentic dealer.
    W10 won't let me download this to install on this computer.

Will W10 let ANY downloads happens? Am I trapped into using only what's now on this machine?
    Very upsetting.

:)

mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Hi,

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. This trap could be a bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while
    processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure). To troubleshoot this issue, kindly visit this

link

Let us know how things goes with your issue.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 9, 2017
  3. received KERNAL MODE TRAP blue screen error

I keep getting the unexpected kernel mode trap blue screen errors.

Any fix for this?

Original Title: KERNAL MODE TRAP

JeremiahSmith, Aug 9, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Trapped

Hi mssparkie and welcome to Tenforums.
    Windows 10S will only allow installs from the Store. What do you have? Home/Pro/S? Type winver in the search box, press enter to run the command, and post a pic of what pops up.

simrick, Aug 9, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 9, 2017
  6. mssparkie Win User
    I tried to download open source spreadsheet and not allowed. I wish I knew this would tie my hands so completely before I bought this computer. I wouldn't have bought it.

mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017
  7. mssparkie Win User
    Windows 10 home version 1703

mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017
  8. mssparkie Win User

Trapped

I wish I had had my old computer repaired instead of buying another.

Does Windows 10 allow ANY downloads at all???????????????

thanks

mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017
  9. mssparkie Win User
    Old computer had Windows 10 - but no problems

mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017
  10. Mooly Win User
    W10 Home should allow you to download what you want.

What error message are you seeing ?

Mooly, Aug 9, 2017
  11. mssparkie Win User
    Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses.
    X16-32007.exe (586M) is too large for Google to scan for viruses. Would you still like to download this file?
    Download anyway?
    This is for the Office 2010. When I hit download anyway nothing happens.....ever.
    If I try downloading any other browser it says "can't be downloaded"

mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017
  12. mssparkie Win User
    The office download finally gave this message: can't be downloaded

Sorry. This is so shocking. I didn't expect to have to buy Office again, or be so restricted in searches. Bing?

mssparkie, Aug 9, 2017
  13. Mooly Win User

Trapped

I've no quick answers for that I'm afraid, at least not without being sat in front of it. The office download could be a unique case.

One thought, could you be on a guest account. Hard to believe but you never know:
    Windows 10 Tips - Enable Administrator, Guest Account

You should be able to download and install other stuff though such as browser etc etc

If that is not so then I would probably be looking at doing a clean install of W10. I say that because there are to many unknowns with the set up a refurbed machine.

Lets see what other ideas come in *Smile

Mooly, Aug 9, 2017
  14. bobkn Win User
    Just out of curiosity, are you using "download" as a synonym for "install"?

I don't recall a web site that wouldn't allow you to download an installer to your PC. I've seen lots of installers that wouldn't run under an unsupported version of Windows.

As Win10 has been out for over two years, maybe the independent software maker behind the product that you want will never update it to support 10. Microsoft doesn't take responsibility for compatibility with third party software

In case you don't know, Microsoft has no connection with this forum. You may complain here, but the complaint won't reach Microsoft.

bobkn, Aug 9, 2017
  15. mssparkie Win User
    For me, I'm trying to download Firefox and other browsers and software that I purchased when on my old computer that I want to put on this newer one. I get "xxxx can't be downloaded" over and over and over. The download utility appears but it doesn't work with save or open file and never goes to run. It will become just can't download.

mssparkie, Aug 10, 2017
Thema:

Trapped

1. Trapped - Similar Threads - Trapped

2. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  3. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  4. Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...: Whenever these blue screens would happen, most of the time it would chain and after restarting it would hit another BSOD same or different, this would happen twice or thrice in a row, i have tried:- Running sfc /scannow and DISM- Unplugging and plugging the RAM sticks back...
  5. Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...

Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...: Whenever these blue screens would happen, most of the time it would chain and after restarting it would hit another BSOD same or different, this would happen twice or thrice in a row, i have tried:- Running sfc /scannow and DISM- Unplugging and plugging the RAM sticks back...
  6. Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I am trapped in a login loop.

I am trapped in a login loop.: Hello, Hello, I bought a new PC and on trying to log in, it took me to the Microsoft account page. When I try to log in using the Microsoft account, it want me to generate a pin. However, it does not generate the pin, but rather says something went wrong. Then it gives me an...
  8. I am trapped in a login loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trapped in a login loop.: Hello, Hello, I bought a new PC and on trying to log in, it took me to the Microsoft account page. When I try to log in using the Microsoft account, it want me to generate a pin. However, it does not generate the pin, but rather says something went wrong. Then it gives me an...
  9. Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...

Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...: Добрый день! Подскажите, пожалуйста, что делать, если у меня уже третий раз выскакивает синий экран смерти, при чем каждый раз с разным кодом ошибки: unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode expection not handled?...
  10. Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...: Добрый день! Подскажите, пожалуйста, что делать, если у меня уже третий раз выскакивает синий экран смерти, при чем каждый раз с разным кодом ошибки: unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode expection not handled?...