Windows 10: Trash Icon isn't changing to reflect status already tried registry fix

Discus and support Trash Icon isn't changing to reflect status already tried registry fix in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried the registry fix that worked last time on Windows 7 to fix this issue of custom icons not automatically changing, but apparently it cropped up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wolfheartmoon, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Trash Icon isn't changing to reflect status already tried registry fix

I tried the registry fix that worked last time on Windows 7 to fix this issue of custom icons not automatically changing, but apparently it cropped up again in Windows 10, and is also not fixable via adding the ",0" to the end of the registry entry. *Sad Can I get some help?

:)

wolfheartmoon, Oct 5, 2015

2. How do I get custom trash icons to change to reflect status?

Thank you!

That finally did it.

DakotaJacobson, Oct 5, 2015
  3. How do I get custom trash icons to change to reflect status?

Hi Dakota,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run SFC Scan

Click on the below link and follow the procedure to perform a SFC Scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Method 2: Run DISM Tool

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest graphics drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 5, 2015
  4. mykou Win User

Trash Icon isn't changing to reflect status already tried registry fix

I had no issue changing recycle bin defaut icons with the registry tweak

Trash Icon isn't changing to reflect status already tried registry fix [​IMG]

mykou, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Trash Icon isn't changing to reflect status already tried registry fix

1. Trash Icon isn't changing to reflect status already tried registry fix - Similar Threads - Trash Icon isn't

2. Desktop icons OneDrive status constantly changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons OneDrive status constantly changing: My desktop icons have little mini icons on the bottom left corner of the main icon - cloud, check marks, file box, arrow. I have already unlinked my OneDrive from my PC but these mini icons continually cycle through and it's INCREDIBLY distracting while I'm trying to work. I...
  3. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  4. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  5. trash icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    trash icon: how do I find the trash icon for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trash-icon/60093d84-925f-446c-ac09-b528710a819e
  6. Getting really annoyed by this blurry text. Already tried ClearText and registry fix to no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting really annoyed by this blurry text. Already tried ClearText and registry fix to no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Grabstertv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep8swy/getting_really_annoyed_by_this_blurry_text/
  7. Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?

Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?: [ATTACH] Not sure if these are generated by Classic Explorer or not, or if it's pulled from elsewhere like in past Windows versions, but I'd like to change the icon and text through the registry, if possible. This is on Windows 10 LTSB 2016, with Classic Theme on. Any help...
  8. How to change desktop screen to reflect icons?

How to change desktop screen to reflect icons?: How can the desktop screen be changed to reflect icons? My HP Chromebook will not change desktop screen to include icons. They remain on the left side of my screen....
  9. Trying to change 'FriendlyName' in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to change 'FriendlyName' in registry: I'm trying to change the name of a scanner in regedit via 'FriendlyName' in 'ControlSet001\Enum'. I have changed ownership to all Administrators, but the original value keeps coming back after a reboot. Any help on this? 83850
  10. Trash Icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Trash Icon missing: Recently the trash icon changed to what looks like a page. In system settings the icons look correct but do not take effect. I've re-booted this this did not fix the problem. 67637