Windows 10: Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved?

Discus and support Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; RollBack Rx has a longstanding bug whereby the customized Tray Icons are not preserved when rolling back to a snapshot. Now I'd like to know where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DoctorJellybean, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved?

RollBack Rx has a longstanding bug whereby the customized Tray Icons are not preserved when rolling back to a snapshot.

Now I'd like to know where the settings are saved, so maybe I could export it as a registry file and then reimport that reg file after a rollback.

Thanks.

:)

DoctorJellybean, Feb 24, 2017

2. Move icon from system tray to taskbar permanently

Icons you want to pin to the Taskbar, should be performed from Start > All apps

Select an app, right click it, click More > Pin to Taskbar

If you want apps in the system tray to always be displayed..

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Scroll down to Notification area

Click Turn system icons on or off

Toggle on that icon

or

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Scroll down to Notification area

Click Select which icons appear on the taskbar

Toggle on that icon

Andre Da Costa, Feb 24, 2017
  3. sfeinst Win User
    Taskbar Icons Display Settings List

When I right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings and then choose "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", the app displays a list of icons that I can turn on and off to appear in the task bar vs the system tray.

There is an app I use CapsLock indicator, which every time I upgrade to a newer version, adds to this list. So now I have 4 copies.

Where is this list stored and how can I remove items from the list?

sfeinst, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved?

I'm not sure if this is it, but when @Brink comes on shift he can confirm or say no.
    In his tutorial How to Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 he has a batch file you can download to reset it, and when you open it with "Edit" it shows this key: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify
    Code: :: Created by: Shawn Brink :: Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 @echo off set regPath=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify set regKey1=IconStreams set regKey2=PastIconsStream[/quote]

Cliff S, Feb 24, 2017
Thema:

Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved?

1. Tray Icons Set to Display in Taskbar - Where are the settings saved? - Similar Threads - Tray Icons Set

2. The option "Other system tray icons" in the Settings app always displays the wrong icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option "Other system tray icons" in the Settings app always displays the wrong icons: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 22H2 and is working quite well. However, I noticed a very odd bug. By accident, I reached out to this option in "Other system tray icons" in the Systems app, and oddly, most icons are wrong: It's mixing Ferdi with Bluetooth Devices,...
  3. The option "Other system tray icons" in the Settings app always displays the wrong icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The option "Other system tray icons" in the Settings app always displays the wrong icons: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 22H2 and is working quite well. However, I noticed a very odd bug. By accident, I reached out to this option in "Other system tray icons" in the Systems app, and oddly, most icons are wrong: It's mixing Ferdi with Bluetooth Devices,...
  4. Taskbar settings icons error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar settings icons error: How to fix these icons error in the taskbar settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-icons-error/942e21a6-325e-4f07-9df6-25a4b3c38602
  5. Taskbar settings icons error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar settings icons error: How to fix these icons error in the taskbar settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-icons-error/942e21a6-325e-4f07-9df6-25a4b3c38602
  6. Corrupted taskbar icons in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted taskbar icons in settings: I have missing/corrupted icons in taskbar settings for 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar, see screenshot The icons are correct on the taskbar I have followed the advice here to no avail Any ideas what to try next? 175050
  7. Why don't taskbar icon display settings stick?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why don't taskbar icon display settings stick?: I think this has been happening as long as there have been taskbar icons (XP?). You set volume, network, battery, etc. to display, and they do. Then some random time later -- 3 days, a week, whatever, one or all of them stop displaying. So you go back to the settings and turn...
  8. Saving Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving Display Settings: How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I have to go to the control panel, device manager and update my display adapter again....
  9. Taskbar setting - Icons to display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display: I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)". It doesn't...
  10. Taskbar icon management in Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon management in Settings: I am using Windows 10 and have run into a situation that I’d like a little advice on. I navigate to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions. I am presented with a screen that has an option “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”. I am presented with a list of...