Windows 10: Treat all future networks as public setting

Discus and support Treat all future networks as public setting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks. Quick question - In Windows 7/8 there was a setting, a small checkbox "Treat all future networks as public and don't ask me again". You can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by finlay, Oct 2, 2015.

1. finlay Win User

Treat all future networks as public setting

Hi folks. Quick question - In Windows 7/8 there was a setting, a small checkbox "Treat all future networks as public and don't ask me again".
    You can see it in this picture - http://www.ezlan.net/Win7/net_type.jpg

In my version of Windows 10, I don't appear to have that option. I could try deleting this registry key ...

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\NetworkLocationWizard\
    Delete the key: HideWizard

Treat all future networks as public setting [​IMG]

I thought I'd run it by you guys first. Perhaps there's a simpler way than export, delete key, if wrong result import saved registry file.

Have I missed a setting somewhere to set the network location?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

finlay, Oct 2, 2015

2. Printing problem...Windows 10 with current 1703 upgrade. WIFI HP printer will not print.

Check with your anti-virus / firewall / Internet security software. Some of these might be blocking you WiFi network and treating as an public un-secured network.

yleclerc- [O365], Oct 2, 2015
  3. New and Future Networks as PRIVATE Networks, Help!

Hey Guys,

I have read a heap of articles on changing current networks as PRIVATE by using gpedit and regedit and now the network settings in Win10 Settings... easy enough..

Tho my pc has no screen and sometimes requires me connecting a screen to go in and change a new network to private. this is very annoying as the screenless computer goes to many locations...

It prevents my remote connecting to it! I need a way to make windows 10 either by script or by a hidden setting? to allow for any and all new networks to be treated as PRIVATE.

I read someone made a script to change current network to private, (via powershell)

$net = get-netconnectionprofile;Set-NetConnectionProfile -Name $net.Name -NetworkCategory Private

so I could possibly make an auto run at startup. can anyone help me make this happen?

many thanks Treat all future networks as public setting :) Shaun

Shaun Collins, Oct 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 3, 2015
  5. finlay Win User
    Thanks Brink. That's much simpler. I've tried the following on "All networks".

Just have to wait and see if it stops asking to set network location *Smile
    There doesn't appear to be the same option present in Win7/8 to change the name of a network ...

Unless I've missed something?

finlay, Oct 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news so far. *Party

Yeah, I missed being able to simply change the network name like that, but you can use an option in the tutorial below to change the network name in Windows 10 as well.

Network Name - Change in Windows 8

Brink, Oct 3, 2015
  7. finlay Win User
    Thanks. Good tutorial *Smile
    Spot on.

finlay, Oct 4, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Treat all future networks as public setting - Similar Threads - Treat future networks

2. public network !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    public network !: is it possible to delete everything to do with a public network on my computer because im sick and tired of it turning on by its self i dont ever sign on usiing one i never will and i just want the whole option deleted off my computer ?...
  3. public network !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    public network !: is it possible to delete everything to do with a public network on my computer because im sick and tired of it turning on by its self i dont ever sign on usiing one i never will and i just want the whole option deleted off my computer ?...
  4. public network !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. public or private network settings

public or private network settings: windows 10, network created as private to enable sharing of network devices, but the public network takes over when rebooting, how to make the private settings stay primary? aslo the subnet pickups up the wifi factory address as 192.168.7.1 and locks to 255.255.255.0 no...
  6. Windows 10 treats the private network as a public network.

Windows 10 treats the private network as a public network.: Windows blocks all connections on the same subnet. Windows will connect to any computer/server on the other side of the default route/router. This isolated tunneling through the resident subnet would be something I would expect from a public WiFi connection. The windows...
  7. Public Network

Public Network: Why does my home network show up as a public network instead of a private network? I have an xFinity gateway. I know it has hot spots built into it, but I have turned the hot spots off. Is there a way I can move the network from public to private in Windows?...
  8. network category automatically set as Public

network category automatically set as Public: How do I change category to Private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-category-automatically-set-as-public/bc17a614-ccbd-4605-944c-c4a76ee023e4
  9. Setting public to private networks

Setting public to private networks: I have a VPN for internet traffic which has a virtual adaptor, that is set to private. But the real adaptor is set to a public network and I want to set it to see other devices, therefore I want to change it to private how do I do this in build 1809? Winver says I have win...
  10. Public network.

Public network.: From the beginning that i install windows 10 i had a homenetwork (network 1).Now it is switchd to a public network (network 2).How is that happen? How can i back to my home network (network 1) ? 44257

Users found this page by searching for:

1. treat all networks as public

2. treat all future networks as public

3. treat all future networks as public regedit