Windows 10: Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!

Discus and support Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried instruction after instruction and cannot delete a file. It's from a programme called Solidworks, and is left in the programme file called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nathsen, Jan 2, 2016.

1. nathsen Win User

Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!

I've tried instruction after instruction and cannot delete a file. It's from a programme called Solidworks, and is left in the programme file called 3ds Light.otf.

I've tried deleting in Safe mode
    Using deleting/unlocking utlities File Assassin and Unlocker
    Disabled protection of C drive
    Used Security Task manager

So far nothing is working, please help!

:)

nathsen, Jan 2, 2016

2. Can't delete Windows.old, tried literally everything.

First of all, can you please run winver from the command prompt and keep us posted the windows build and version that you are running.

Secondly, have you tried Settings->System->Storage? First navigate and then select the system drive? Once it's loaded navigate to "Temporary Files" and then select "Previous Version of the Windows" and then click "Remove Files" button. Please try it out
    as posted in this post

I want to delete windows.old the folder but can not delete
    be, Access is denied?

PaddyA [MSFT], Jan 2, 2016
  3. Can't delete Windows.old, tried literally everything.

I've tried pretty much everything, Disk Cleanup, multiple command prompts, taking ownership, rebooting in safe mode, rebooting with a clean boot, unlocker, file assassin, even tried booting up a linux distro which wouldn't let me search the drive because
    it said Windows was in hibernate mode(I fully shut off windows fine).

There are actually no files left, just folders in Windows.old. They seem to be for drivers, they say AMD64 something or another on them. Windows insists that it's using files in this folder which is why I can't delete, which is just annoying.

martinnatalex, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Try this tool from one of our forums software developers @Kyhi: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

It's a WinPE environment that you boot into, and it works just like a Linux live disk, except it's really a very bare metal windows 10. Yow will be able to access your OS files through this, While windows is offline and should be able to then delete the file you wish.

Cliff S, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Seems it may be an 'OpenTypeFont' file; could it be that it's still in use in Windows Fonts?

Edwin, Jan 2, 2016
  6. If the above don't work
    Then try Revo uninstaller pro
    you can get a trial version

hTconeM9user, Jan 2, 2016
  7. nathsen Win User
    I've just deleted the font from Control Panel, Fonts! But the Programme File still isn't deleting...

nathsen, Jan 2, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Do you have Take Ownership enabled in your right click context menu ?
    If not, use this tutorial:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

After that, go to the program file > right click at 3ds Light.otf > click Take Ownership.
    Now, see if you can delete the file this time.

davidhk, Jan 2, 2016
  9. pyramid10 Win User
    What is the status of the programme, Solidworks?

pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP! - Similar Threads - Tried EVERYTHING can't

2. Tried everything file is not deleting help pls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried everything file is not deleting help pls: I TRIED CHANGING ADMINISTRATOR , i tried finding process in resource monitor , i tried stopping windows explorer , i did restart many times but i cant find where the file is in use plz help...
  3. Tried everything file is not deleting help pls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried everything file is not deleting help pls: I TRIED CHANGING ADMINISTRATOR , i tried finding process in resource monitor , i tried stopping windows explorer , i did restart many times but i cant find where the file is in use plz help...
  4. Tried everything file is not deleting help pls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  6. Can't delete a 700 MB file; tried everything

Can't delete a 700 MB file; tried everything: I have tried every technique I have found, including using Eraser, and nothing has worked. In the latest attempt I changed to the directory containing the file in Command Prompt, running as an administrator, and entered: TYPE nul > "DSC00138_13.arw.xmp BW-LAB.tif". Nothing...
  7. Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!: Due to endless problems with Windows 10, I did a fresh install of it several weeks ago. It has wasted over 200 hours of my time since then having to reinstall and reconfigure everything again on my computer. Since then, I am unable to update Windows. The version of Windows...
  8. Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help

Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help: Okay last night or a few days ago, depends on when someone answers my computer needed a reset because of a blackout nice work Microsoft, I have spent two days trying to recover my files games, apps, work notes and nothing has worked. I've tried Disk-Drill, but nothing I had...
  9. Update last night "deleted" everything, please help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update last night "deleted" everything, please help...: PC updated last night, booted it up and everythign is gone kind of. I can tell everything is still on my storage drive because i don't have anny more space since before the update. But all my setting, my taskbar oins are gone. Steam says i dont have any games installed when i...
  10. please help files deleted!

in Windows 10 Support
    please help files deleted!: i really have done a big mistake,so recently i booted my pc into ubuntu to try it out and selected delete all files and install. There were actually 4 partitions which got deleted and came back into one and i had all pictures,videos and more stuff like that so i thought it...