Windows 10: Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Discus and support Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; As the title says, I tried to reset/restore my Asus Laptop (Windows 10 Free Upgrade from Windows 8) and no matter what I do, I always get the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bortle, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Bortle Win User

Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

As the title says, I tried to reset/restore my Asus Laptop (Windows 10 Free Upgrade from Windows 8) and no matter what I do, I always get the error "There was a problem resetting your PC" and I have google'd, search through heaps of forums and I have had multiple attempts at fixing this, but to no avail. What can I do?

:)

Bortle, Feb 27, 2017

2. Preparing automatic repair

Hi. I've recently tried to update Windows 10 as it was recommended by my laptop (ASUS VivoBook s). After few minutes of installation, it said "Windows could not complete the installation, restart your pc", I then couldn't log to my laptop as it keeps on
    taking me to "preparing automatic repair". I tried resetting it and it unfortunately says " There was a problem resetting your pc". I also tried going back to my previous version of Windows and I couldn't succeed. I tried every option that is there but nothing
    worked out. It keeps on taking me to " preparing automatic repair". Please help.

PUTSISHO ANDYTHEO KAPU, Feb 27, 2017
  3. resetting my laptop to factory settings

Every time I try to reset my laptop to factory settings, after I click "remove everything" it starts preparing files and then says "there was a problem resetting your pc, no changes were made." Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it because I don't
    have enough space on my laptop? if it makes any difference, I'm on windows 10, on an Asus Eeebook X205TA. Thanks

SophieMc123, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Do you want a clean install or just a repair? you can get the free win10 .iso from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10 create a dvd or usb boot from that and do a clean install or choose update now this will update the pc keeping all your data

Samuria, Feb 28, 2017
  5. Bortle Win User
    I want a clean install, I basically want it to run as a "new computer". I did try this, and I still got the same error code no matter what I did.

Bortle, Mar 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you make a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD, boot the computer from it, delete all the existing partitions on the hard drive, and select the unallocated space to install Windows to by highlighting it and clicking next?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - Similar Threads - Tried reset Asus

2. There was problem resetting your Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was problem resetting your Pc: Im unable to reset my pc I have tried all steps here advised by community all youtube tricks tried through boot option in troubleshoot reset option is missing reagent is not enabling Im trying to reset because I had installed game due to that my windows securtiy stopped...
  3. There was problem resetting your Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There was problem resetting your Pc: Im unable to reset my pc I have tried all steps here advised by community all youtube tricks tried through boot option in troubleshoot reset option is missing reagent is not enabling Im trying to reset because I had installed game due to that my windows securtiy stopped...
  4. There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a problem resetting your PC: Hello,My PC is stuck in a loop of Choose an option. I want to just reset it to Clean Windows install.When I try to do it, it says There was a problem Resetting your PC.I would like to use my computer, Any help appreciated...
  5. There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a problem resetting your PC: Hello,My PC is stuck in a loop of Choose an option. I want to just reset it to Clean Windows install.When I try to do it, it says There was a problem Resetting your PC.I would like to use my computer, Any help appreciated...
  6. There is problem in reset your pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is problem in reset your pc.: My laptop doesn't boot properly it shows your PC does not start properly I tried every method and at the end I got for reset your pc without losing yours files but it also show error that their is some problem No changes were made can you please help me. All I see blue screen...
  7. During reset pc there was a problem resetting your pc

During reset pc there was a problem resetting your pc: Hello while i was resetting my pc it said undoing changes and then showed an srttrail.txt something I had been facing a black screen issue where even when i run exploreres task through task manager it automatically ended I ran chckdsk through cmd and tried to use regback...
  8. Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC": I've read so many guides to this now, but I am eternally stuck. I am simply trying to reset to factory settings, but after 1% progress I get "There was a problem resetting your PC". I've attempted sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, but I get "Windows Resource Protection...
  9. Trying to Reset My ASUS Laptop

Trying to Reset My ASUS Laptop: I am currently having a problem with factory resetting my ASUS laptop, where after I have reset the PC, it will show up the same "Choose an option" screen, where selecting any option does not do anything but loop the whole entire process. The picture shows the screen the...
  10. There is a problem resetting your pc

There is a problem resetting your pc: its almost two days that I'm trying to reset my pc but I am getting an error "There is a problem resetting your pc". The reason why I am resetting are due to browsers (ie, chrome, Mozilla, opera) cant connect thru the internet and skype cant login. *cry I tried to read some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there was a problem resetting my asus t303 ua

2. there was a problem resetting windows 10 asus notebook

3. why did my pc reset on ASUS laptop

4. i dont have enough memory on my asus vivobook to factory reset