Windows 10: Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Discus and support Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; As the title says, I tried to reset/restore my Asus Laptop (Windows 10 Free Upgrade from Windows 8) and no matter what I do, I always get the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bortle, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Bortle Win User

Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

As the title says, I tried to reset/restore my Asus Laptop (Windows 10 Free Upgrade from Windows 8) and no matter what I do, I always get the error "There was a problem resetting your PC" and I have google'd, search through heaps of forums and I have had multiple attempts at fixing this, but to no avail. What can I do?

:)

Bortle, Feb 27, 2017

2. Preparing automatic repair

Hi. I've recently tried to update Windows 10 as it was recommended by my laptop (ASUS VivoBook s). After few minutes of installation, it said "Windows could not complete the installation, restart your pc", I then couldn't log to my laptop as it keeps on
    taking me to "preparing automatic repair". I tried resetting it and it unfortunately says " There was a problem resetting your pc". I also tried going back to my previous version of Windows and I couldn't succeed. I tried every option that is there but nothing
    worked out. It keeps on taking me to " preparing automatic repair". Please help.

PUTSISHO ANDYTHEO KAPU, Feb 27, 2017
  3. resetting my laptop to factory settings

Every time I try to reset my laptop to factory settings, after I click "remove everything" it starts preparing files and then says "there was a problem resetting your pc, no changes were made." Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it because I don't
    have enough space on my laptop? if it makes any difference, I'm on windows 10, on an Asus Eeebook X205TA. Thanks

SophieMc123, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Do you want a clean install or just a repair? you can get the free win10 .iso from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10 create a dvd or usb boot from that and do a clean install or choose update now this will update the pc keeping all your data

Samuria, Feb 28, 2017
  5. Bortle Win User
    I want a clean install, I basically want it to run as a "new computer". I did try this, and I still got the same error code no matter what I did.

Bortle, Mar 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you make a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD, boot the computer from it, delete all the existing partitions on the hard drive, and select the unallocated space to install Windows to by highlighting it and clicking next?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tried to reset my Asus Laptop, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - Similar Threads - Tried reset Asus

2. There was a problem reseting your pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There was a problem reseting your pc.: Hi, for the last couple of months my pc started being really slow since i mistakenly updated it, and i haven't been able to reset it or go back to an old version,probably pre 2018-2019....
  3. Trying to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset my laptop: ok so basically i bought a laptop secondhand off of a guy. he didnt delete his stuff, so i need to. Ive tried doing a factory reset to my laptop but it says i have to delete some stuff because its taking up too much space. i dont understqnd why id have to delete stuff if im...
  4. Can't reset my PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

Can't reset my PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made": I'm having trouble resetting my PC. I'd like to reset it for performance reasons, and it's also to free up some storage space. When I try to reset I get a notification that says "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". I then decided to try and do a...
  5. There was a problem resetting your pc.

There was a problem resetting your pc.: My dell pc is starting up slowly and performance became slower so I wanted to reset my pc. But when I enter setting do reset it is showing as " There was a problem resetting your pc" I have tried the following steps after entering into boot menu troubleshoot>Advanced...
  6. Factory resetting my Asus laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory resetting my Asus laptop: It has been nearly 2 hours and my laptop is stuck at 39% of resetting. What should i do? Is there anything wrong?? Please help. When will it be complete??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-resetting-my-asus-laptop/10b80d5b-f017-4e67-9f31-70e0ee2511dc
  7. Trying to reset My PC

Trying to reset My PC: I built my PC a while ago and have Windows 10 as my OS. Over the years, I have collected a lot of files I no longer use. Instead of deleting practically everything off of it, I wanna do a factory reset so I can just reinstall the few things I use. However, when I try to use...
  8. tried everything. resetting win with "problem resetting PC"

tried everything. resetting win with "problem resetting PC": Hello, I got so tired of my files explorer taking up 20% all the time for no reason (even after doing nothing after startup, keeps coming back after 5 minutes after closing). So I decided to do a reset. But I can't reset my laptop due to the "problem resetting PC"...
  9. There is a problem resetting your pc

There is a problem resetting your pc: its almost two days that I'm trying to reset my pc but I am getting an error "There is a problem resetting your pc". The reason why I am resetting are due to browsers (ie, chrome, Mozilla, opera) cant connect thru the internet and skype cant login. *cry I tried to read some...
  10. There was a problem while resetting your PC

There was a problem while resetting your PC: So over the recent months I've been running into problems with W10 updates and I've found out that a lot of people fixed them by resetting their PCs. Today I've gathered up the courage to do this myself. I've made a back up Recovery image, created a restore point and went on....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there was a problem resetting my asus t303 ua

2. i dont have enough memory on my asus vivobook to factory reset