Windows 10: Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore

Discus and support Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to reset Win10 through the reset function and apparently "there was a problem resetting windows 10" and then i said "**** it" and restarted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnnylogen, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore

I tried to reset Win10 through the reset function and apparently "there was a problem resetting windows 10" and then i said "**** it" and restarted. Now apparently it had already uninstalled the OS? Because I cant boot anymore.

I also dont have any copy of win10 laying around, and the only USB-ish thing I have is my phone.

So oh, what the hell do I do now?

:)

johnnylogen, Jul 28, 2016
  2. raytedSPG Win User

Resetting from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1/Windows 8 stuck at "Insert your Windows installation or recovery media to continue"

So far I've done the clean boot in the link. I noticed that there is no Win10 so I followed Win8.1/8 instructions. I've finished the clean boot and try to reset it using Win10 usb bootable. And there is the error again saying there is a problem resetting
    the laptop.

After the computer is restarted, I tried to install any program and install successfully and revert the clean boot again. I tried again to run the reset again and still the error persists. what should I do now?

raytedSPG, Jul 28, 2016
  3. win10 restore point failure

My win10 system won't boot after a restore point failure. What steps other than booting into safe mode? If I do a reset, will win10 be restored and my apps and data be ok?

lendapilot, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore

1. Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore - Similar Threads - Tried reset Win10

2. Computer won't boot, tried everything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't boot, tried everything.: I had my pc for 9 years. Its a Dell, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 a year ago. It was working perfectly until three days ago. The computer started making noices, probably the fan, so I descided to shut it off. When I turned it on the computer won't boot. After few...
  3. Windows won't boot and Troubleshoot is not recognizing OS anymore

Windows won't boot and Troubleshoot is not recognizing OS anymore: About 24 hours ago when i was using my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y730-15ICH) I got a windows prompt saying my laptop will restart automatically in a minute. I guessed it had downloaded an update it wanted to install(not sure if it is a lenovo update or a windows update). After...
  4. After Win10 Update PC doesn't boot anymore

After Win10 Update PC doesn't boot anymore: I tried resetting throught that first blue screen but as soon as I click it the button stays pressed dmfor hours and doesnt reset, I tried rolling back to old version and all the options in the screen, if I try to open the CMD (on the same screen) it ask for password and I...
  5. Laptop won't boot following reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't boot following reset: I reset the computer after it wouldn't boot. Now, when I start it, I get the blue screen that says there was a problem and Windows will restart. But it doesn't restart, just turns itself off. This was a complete reset, deleting everything....
  6. External harddisk won't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    External harddisk won't boot anymore: I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb) The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use...
  7. Win 10 won't boot up anymore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 won't boot up anymore: I used to have dual boot separate hard drives the win 10 on SSD and the Win 7 on a 500gb. Yesterday I started getting some freezing and when I looked at ctrl alt delete I saw Acresso Soft Manager front and center so I went in win 7 erased some files involving the soft one in...
  8. Win10 won't boot, no sys restore points, tried SFC /scannow...ideas?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win10 won't boot, no sys restore points, tried SFC /scannow...ideas?: Hi all, I've got an HP desktop with Windows 10 that I am repairing for somebody. Last night all was fine, but after a WinUpdate overnight, they woke up, booted into the desktop to find all "very, very slow" and then the machine froze. They turned it off by holding the...
  9. Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart: I haver an Aspire V5-561p model that always crashes everytime I restart it. I started having this problem on reboot a few weeks ago and it was fixed with a ''restore point'' but yesterday after a restart, Windows 10 would't boot and I had to do a full System reset with files...
  10. PC reset during possible Win10 install, and now PC won't boot

PC reset during possible Win10 install, and now PC won't boot: Hi all, Hoping somebody can help. I think my PC was trying to install Windows 10 when I did some Windows Updates recently. I use the word "think" because I never signed up for the free upgrade and I never agreed for Windows 10 to be installed on my PC and I don't recall...