Windows 10: Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore

Discus and support Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to reset Win10 through the reset function and apparently "there was a problem resetting windows 10" and then i said "**** it" and restarted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnnylogen, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore

I tried to reset Win10 through the reset function and apparently "there was a problem resetting windows 10" and then i said "**** it" and restarted. Now apparently it had already uninstalled the OS? Because I cant boot anymore.

I also dont have any copy of win10 laying around, and the only USB-ish thing I have is my phone.

So oh, what the hell do I do now?

:)

johnnylogen, Jul 28, 2016
  2. raytedSPG Win User

Resetting from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1/Windows 8 stuck at "Insert your Windows installation or recovery media to continue"

So far I've done the clean boot in the link. I noticed that there is no Win10 so I followed Win8.1/8 instructions. I've finished the clean boot and try to reset it using Win10 usb bootable. And there is the error again saying there is a problem resetting
    the laptop.

After the computer is restarted, I tried to install any program and install successfully and revert the clean boot again. I tried again to run the reset again and still the error persists. what should I do now?

raytedSPG, Jul 28, 2016
  3. win10 restore point failure

My win10 system won't boot after a restore point failure. What steps other than booting into safe mode? If I do a reset, will win10 be restored and my apps and data be ok?

lendapilot, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore

1. Tried to reset Win10, error, won't boot anymore - Similar Threads - Tried reset Win10

2. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  3. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  4. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 laptop won't boot anymore after deleting catroot folders

Win10 laptop won't boot anymore after deleting catroot folders: Hello there, my msi laptop with Windows 10 1809 won't boot into Windows after I accidentally deleted the catroot & catroot2 folder contents. I can still access the bios and my Linux Mint OS. I can still open the files jpg,png,mp4 from Linux, but I can't write on that...
  6. Win10 won't boot

Win10 won't boot: Win10 is installed on a SSD and has had no problems until the other day. I have connected the SSD to my other PC and copied its contents. The SSD is C: drive and the system reserved parttion has letter F: If I try to boot from the SSD I get the error "no OS found" or...
  7. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  8. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's bee working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  9. Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore: Win10 64bit V1903 with all published updates. Some weeks ago (maybe even longer) my PC stopped going to sleep after the specified time. I am setting the times in Power & Sleep. I have the screen set to turn off after an hour (and it does) and the PC to sleep after 2 hours but...
  10. External harddisk won't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    External harddisk won't boot anymore: I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb) The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use...