Windows 10: Triple HDMI TV Setup?

Discus and support Triple HDMI TV Setup? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, Can this be done? A triple HDTV monitor setup? I have a 22" Polaroid, 24" Samsung, and a 24" Sanyo HDMI TV's. I tried it once before and made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Triple HDMI TV Setup?

Hello,

Can this be done? A triple HDTV monitor setup? I have a 22" Polaroid, 24" Samsung, and a 24" Sanyo HDMI TV's. I tried it once before and made screens say "No Signal" Or "Mode Not Supported" *Sad I am using NVidia. 22" Pol and 24" San are HDMI and 24" Sam is using DVI-I to VGA adapter. If someone has done this before, or can give me some tips, anything will do! *Biggrin

Thanks in advance! *Smile

P.S. I hope I am not posting this topic in the wrong section *really

:)

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016

2. How do i stop desktops changing when i power of a monitor?

Hi

Ill reword it for you.

I have two computers A and B both connected to my TV.

Computer B also has a further two monitors connected as I run it in a triple screen configuration.

At times I need to switch to Computer A on the TV then switch back to Computer B just by changing channels

When I do this on Computer B it changes all the desktops as the TV is no longer conected, this is what i dont want it to do, I want it to leave everythign as is.

I have disabled Auto detec in the Regestry but that made no change. Changing what monitor is the prmary screen makes no change either.

PC B is connected to the TV via HDMI, and the monitors via Display port and DVI

PC A is connected to the TV via HDMI

EarlwRobinson, Apr 2, 2016
  3. N8 HDMI help

it seems that you hav'nt switched to the exact HDMI channel on the TV as most TV's have more than one HDMI ports(channels). also, once the hdmi cable is connected to the TV, a small "HDMI" logo is displayed next to the 'time' . you can confirm the same by
    trying to play a video while it's connected. it should say"content is shown on TV"

Viswateja---01, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Triple HDMI TV Setup?

I would say it depends on the Video card. And how big the monitors are. I run triple monitors on my Nvidia GT640. All are DVI though. My Video card has HDMI, DVI, DVI. One monitor has a HDMI to DVI adapter. My monitors are on the small side though, 19", 22" and 19". And only the 22" is wide screen. You need to know what all the supported resolutions of the video card are.

alphanumeric, Apr 3, 2016
  5. All of my resolutions are 1920x1080 on the 2 tv's that are HDMI and the one that has VGA. Nvidia says that my 750 Ti can do three monitors and it can, just not the surround *Sad

That is what I forgot in my post, NVIDIA SURROUND won't work on my TV's. Sorry if this confusing people. My bad, all me *Smile

Thanks!
    M

Computer Chicken, Apr 3, 2016
  6. If I enable surround it will only enable on two of my monitors. They are identical I-INC 19 inch 1280 x 1024 LCD monitors. The 22 inch 1080p is left out, deselected. I think its based on the resolution, they all have to match?

7. I have a 22" and two 24" and same res, but different outputs, maybe that is the cause? *Think hmm

8. Triple HDMI TV Setup?

I don't know any more about it than you do. I enabled it once, but turned it off again when my main screen was left out. My 22 inch is between my two 19 inch monitors. Having a big gap just didn't cut it for me and I like my monitor arrangement the way it is.

9. Why DVI-D is fine and the same vidio levels and data as HDMI outside of HDCP 2.2 or DV you wont be using on a PC anyway and if you arent using HDMI ARC you can run a separate 5.1 audio path anyway .

In the studio I use HDMI to the 40" 1080P Sony and DVI-D to the 24" Acer 1650X1050 and VGA to the ancient 19"View Sonic LCD at whatever resolution it supports .

In here it's HDMI to the 55"4K HDR Sony and DVI-D to this 27" 2560p Acer

FWIW outside of 720P aka 1366x768 ( everything is Too big on a TV ) a lot of times 1440P is decent on a 24" 720p TV or maybe 32"scaled right in any case or 1650x1050 on a smaller 24 ish 1080p or 720p but most TV's wont read that like a PC monitor but it's worth a shot anyway .

DVI-D or even VGA can do 1080p or more ( VGA with some optical degradation ofc .) which is more than enough pixel density in a 24"but the VGA screen we use in there is only for simple GIU work anyway .

You probably need a workstation GPU for triple HDMI or 2 HDMI and or DVI-D or an HDMI splitter showing same image on all the screens or maybe one of the new high end gaming d/GPU and mix and match HDMI & DVI-D or display port to HDMI with any of all that .

blutos cousin, Apr 3, 2016
  10. I so agree on that.

I get what your are saying about not knowing more than I do about this. Maybe it is because I have a TV and not an official Monitor. Who knows, I guess we will see if someone has done this before and have both of our questions solved *Smile

11. The reason why I am not using DVI-D, is because I only have a DVI-I adapter and I can't find a DVI-D to VGA adapter, or maybe I am not looking right. *Think

With your third paragraph, I think I will just end up getting a bigger card anyway and see if it works. *Smile

12. A DVI-D to VGA Adapter or cable is used to connect computer with DVI-D connectors to televisions and projectors which needed VGA ...

DVI-D to VGA adapter (or cable ) will work fine if you don't mind (some) video degradation from the DA/AD conversions with VGA on an LCD it just wont use ~ 2 or more pins on the DVI-D side VGA doesn't use anyway *really

Google or search this at Amazon or New-egg or Monoprice "DVI-D to VGA Adapter" (or cable ) those things are cheap

OTOH if you are planning gaming 1-3 screens at 1080p ultra on the newer games at playable frame rates you will probably will need a new computer or at least main board & CPU for pre drawing and at least a 2-4 GB Vram on the d/GPU anyway to frame buffer all those pixels @1080p ultra . CPU wise an Intel i7 hyper threader ( Intel sandy bridge or newer ) wouldn't hurt for all that *really

Third paragraph in last reply edit re: display port to HDMI :

You probably need a workstation GPU for triple HDMI or 2 HDMI and or DVI-D or an HDMI splitter showing same image on all the screens or maybe one of the new mid-high end gaming d/GPU and mix and match HDMI & DVI-D or display port to HDMI with any of all that .

blutos cousin, Apr 3, 2016
  13. Triple HDMI TV Setup?

DVI-I is Integrated, Analog and Digital. The small little DVI to VGA adapter, that often comes with your video card, will work on that output. That DVI-I to VGA adapter is passive, it just reroutes the pins to a VGA plug. DVI-D is digital only. That same passive DVI to VGA adapter will not work, there is no analog signal. To go from DVI-D to VGA you need an active adapter that actually converts the digital signal to the analog signal. My video card, like most has one of each. A DVI-I and a DVI-D. The DVI to VGA adapter that came with it will only work on the DVI-I port. If I plug it into the DVI-D port I will get a no signal found message on my monitor.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2016
  14. right a lot of d/gpu and main boards are DVI-D and HDMI and VGA now but sometimes both DVI-I & DVI-D & VGA with or maybe without HDMI on some low end OEM main boards .

The d/GPU in here is HDMI, DVI-D and VGA the i7 W/S Game box is d/GPU 1 x HDMI 1 x Display Port and 2 x DVI

blutos cousin, Apr 4, 2016
  15. Ah okay. Thanks. But I do know what the DVI-D to VGA is and does *Wink But right now I am using the DVI-I to VGA adapter at this second.

I will have to buy that DVI-D to VGA cable / adapter and maybe get a split one? Ooo, light bulb! *chuckle

Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

Triple HDMI TV Setup?

1. Triple HDMI TV Setup? - Similar Threads - Triple HDMI Setup

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  5. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. HDMI not working on tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working on tv: I'm hoping one of you can help me with this. I just bought a new ASUS Laptop BR1100 BR1100FKA-BP0548R. My problem is that when I try to connect to a smart tv using HDMI, it's not working. The problem is not the cord because when I used my Microsoft laptop, I was able to...
  7. Triple monitor with one TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor with one TV: I can't turn off the TV without the two other monitors blinking on and off frequently. Is there a way to prevent that? submitted by /u/abedtime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktbfsa/triple_monitor_with_one_tv/
  8. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  9. HDMI no sound on TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  10. hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi to tv: i cant see all of my screen it seem that it is streched both top and bottem cant see the bottem half of my task bare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-tv/17330edf-3ace-49fa-8d45-1a831895338b