Windows 10: Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts

Discus and support Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This is my first post so I'm hopeful I can explain my situation well. If it can't be solved, that's life. My setup is as follows on a GeForce 960... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by primarchlion, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts

This is my first post so I'm hopeful I can explain my situation well. If it can't be solved, that's life.

My setup is as follows on a GeForce 960 video card:

2 24" monitors connected via DVI identified as monitors "2" and "3"
    1 television connected via HDMI identified as monitor "1"

Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts [​IMG]

I'm aware that the ports that you use for each monitor determines how Windows identifies them (I believe all of my problems would be solved if Windows allowed you to change these numbers).

When you hit the shortcut win+p, it brings up the quick display switcher.

Selecting 'PC screen only' will cause the desktop to switch to display 1, the television. Even if a monitor is set as my "main display" choosing this shortcut chooses a new set of display options that makes the HDMI connected TV the main display and turns off the other displays.

Selecting '2nd screen only' will turn on the monitors (display 2 and 3). With some fiddling inside the nVidia control panel I believe I've gotten it to turn on just display 2.

The problem is, when I hit 'Extend' it turns on display 1, the television, and one other display. I can't change this behavior, display 1 seems to always be included when you select 'Extend'. I'd like for 'Extend' to turn on the two monitors, displays 2 and 3. Ideally I'd like for 'PC Screen Only' to turn on just a single monitor, but I can live with having to choose 'Second Screen' to do that.

:)

primarchlion, Dec 22, 2015
  2. steven crooks, Dec 22, 2015
  3. How do i stop desktops changing when i power of a monitor?

Hi

Ill reword it for you.

I have two computers A and B both connected to my TV.

Computer B also has a further two monitors connected as I run it in a triple screen configuration.

At times I need to switch to Computer A on the TV then switch back to Computer B just by changing channels

When I do this on Computer B it changes all the desktops as the TV is no longer conected, this is what i dont want it to do, I want it to leave everythign as is.

I have disabled Auto detec in the Regestry but that made no change. Changing what monitor is the prmary screen makes no change either.

PC B is connected to the TV via HDMI, and the monitors via Display port and DVI

PC A is connected to the TV via HDMI

EarlwRobinson, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts

1. Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Triple Monitor Display

2. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  3. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  4. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  6. Shortcuts switched monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shortcuts switched monitors: I have 3 monitors. all the short cuts from monitor 2 switched to monitor 1 and the short cuts from monitor 1 switched to monitor 2. Is there any way to switch them back with out doing each one manually? The third monitor stayed the same with it's short cuts. Thanks. 166908
  7. Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors): Hi, I am using Win 10 Enterprise N. I also have 3 monitors, 2 in use all the time. 2x1440p (27" Dell UHD monitors all the time). The third monitor is a 1080p monitor which I use rarely, but it is mainly used for customers. Customers who come to my desk view items on that...
  8. Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors)

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors): Hi, I am using Win 10 Enterprise N. I also have 3 monitors, 2 in use all the time. 2x1440p (27" Dell UHD monitors all the time). The third monitor is a 1080p monitor which I use rarely, but it is mainly used for customers. Customers who come to my desk view items on that...
  9. Triple display compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple display compatibility: Hello. My system is able to run games at three displays with nVidia Surround (GeForce 1050ti, using 3x HDMI - DisplayPort cable). People are required to configure nVidia Surround or Eyefinity to let any game run on 5040x1050. By default, games will not recognize the...
  10. Triple display compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple display compatibility: Hello. My system is able to run games at three displays with nVidia Surround (GeForce 1050ti, using 3x HDMI - DisplayPort cable). People are required to configure nVidia Surround or Eyefinity to let any game run on 5040x1050. By default, games will not recognize the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. triple monitor shortcuts