Windows 10: Triple screen setup - get program windows to open in default screen

Discus and support Triple screen setup - get program windows to open in default screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a triple screen setup, with 1 of those screens being a large TV screen. sometimes i'll have to drag a chrome window across if i want to sit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hiohaa, Dec 15, 2017.

1. hiohaa Win User

Triple screen setup - get program windows to open in default screen

i have a triple screen setup, with 1 of those screens being a large TV screen.
    sometimes i'll have to drag a chrome window across if i want to sit on my sofa browsing the web.

but most of the time i'm browsing chrome on the smaller two monitors at my desk.

if i've last left the chrome window on the TV screen, i have to turn it on and drag the window back across every time, otherwise the program just remembers the last screen it opened up in, and sticks to it.

is there any way to stop windows from 'remembering' the last window the program opened in, and to get it to just default to 1 screen of choice?

:)

hiohaa, Dec 15, 2017

2. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

It's seems that my computer fixed the problem, I'll fix the network problem..

default-screen, Dec 15, 2017
  3. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

no internet networks showing up when I click the taskbar icon, and it's frozen, what can I do?

I haven't been on it since October 2015...

Triple screen setup - get program windows to open in default screen [​IMG]

default-screen, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Been looking into this.
    Most Google searches return "How to get Windows to remember window position"! *Wink

No joy so far...

Quickest alternative for now would be WinKey+Shift+right or left arrow to throw the window to the next or previous monitor.

Edwin, Dec 15, 2017
  5. hiohaa Win User
    oh this'll do! thanks

hiohaa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Triple screen setup - get program windows to open in default screen - Similar Threads - Triple screen setup

2. question about triple screen with viewsonic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    question about triple screen with viewsonic: Hello, I have 3 screen viewsonic : 1 x VIEWSONIC XG2405 and 2 x VA2418-SH , but everytime the computer go out of sleep or hybernate, the 2 x VA2418-SH take so time to startup that windows think i only have 1 screen and mess-up my windows layout and i have to redo it. I dont...
  3. Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.: I use an MSI gaming laptop and have two monitors connected to it. One via hdmi and the other via displayport mini. I have been using this setup for many months but recently my windows keeps on crashing with a bluescreen error. The crash only happens when I "click" focus on...
  4. Triple monitor setup

Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  5. Open program on used screen (dual screen)

Open program on used screen (dual screen): I have a Windows 10 pc with 2 screens attached. They are not placed next to eachother. When I open a program (chrome, explorer etc) on screen 2 it wil open on screen 1 and vice versa. Sometimes I want to use these programs on screen 1 and sometimes on screen 2. I know I can...
  6. Triple screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple screens: Need some help, I’ve got a similar set up like the one below in picture If I’m playing pc games , do you know how I can stretch the image from the middle screen on to the two vertical screens as well so the image will look like I’ve got a wide screen [ATTACH]...
  7. Playing triple A game get blue/orange screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing triple A game get blue/orange screen: While i am playing halfway the pc hangs and goes to orange or blhe screen.The error is bugcode ndis_driver . I try on moat of the triple title game which my laptop can support but why i am getting this.I dont overclock cpu or gpu or any of those othsr stuff.Pls help....
  8. Can't open to screen an open program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't open to screen an open program: Using Windows 10, I have multiple screens setup (2 additional) to my laptop. I have a program that I have a shortcut on the taskbar for and have opened the program from that shortcut. When I hit ALT/TAB I can see the program is open, but when I select it, it doesn't display...
  9. Triple HDMI TV Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Triple HDMI TV Setup?: Hello, Can this be done? A triple HDTV monitor setup? I have a 22" Polaroid, 24" Samsung, and a 24" Sanyo HDMI TV's. I tried it once before and made screens say "No Signal" Or "Mode Not Supported" *Sad I am using NVidia. 22" Pol and 24" San are HDMI and 24" Sam is using...
  10. Can't get dual screens setup.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't get dual screens setup.: Bad start to Anniversary update - messed up my dual screen setup. I used to have my two screens setup so I could run different programs on them. Now I can only have the same thing on both. No point in having two screens. Settings allows me to set same on both or only on 1...