Windows 10: Trojan deep in my system

Discus and support Trojan deep in my system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! Today i might have got a trojan. I did indeed install a program that redirected me to a site where i think the website downloaded unwanted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vikdal, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Vikdal Win User

Trojan deep in my system

Hi!

Today i might have got a trojan. I did indeed install a program that redirected me to a site where i think the website downloaded unwanted malware to my PC. The malware that has got control over my PC has completely blacked out my access to Windows Defender, At the time I am writting this i am running IObit Malware Fighter 5, as this is the only other antivirus i had on this computer (I do know it is stupid to not have a AV). IObit Malware Fighter 5 was able to find a Trojan called Trojan.Generic which was using the program smu.exe. I told IObit Malware fighter to remove the trojan and uninstalled SMU.exe. Even thought this helped me a little bit, i still get popups from different web browsers that has been hijacked. I'm pretty sure most of my Email accounts have been stolen or opened as well. Perfomance whise my computer is running okay, but my memory rate is higher than Usual. The program has removed all administrasion rights from me as well as defender has been disabled by "Group Policy".

Hugs,

:)

Vikdal, Apr 29, 2017
  2. Baba-C Win User

How to remove Trojan: Win32\Dorv.Flrfn

Windows Defender detected Trojan: Win32\Dorv.Flrfn buried deep in an external hard drive. An error message appeared. I don't think the trojan was purged. I think a manual removal was recommended. How do I do this or is there another way to remove it?

Baba-C, Apr 29, 2017
  3. pgpav2003 Win User
    windows 10 download through hacked routers.

That's a relief.

I think what you don't understand is that when hackers can take over 300,000 routers at a time and divert or pipe whatever they like : any form of world wide downloads of full operating systems is at risk.

And as to Microsoft recommendations Here is just one from one of microsofts Malware protection engineers.

A new variant of the Trojan Popureb burrows deep enough into the Windows operating system that users are recommended to reinstall the OS in order to remove it.

A new rootkit targeting Windows systems currently making the rounds can be removed only by fixing the master boot record, Microsoft said.

The "Popureb" Trojan corrupts the hard drive's master boot record to such an extent that the only way to remove it is to run Windows Recovery Console to rewrite the sectors to a clean state, Microsoft Malware Protection Center engineer Chun Feng wrote in an
    advisory posted on the Threat Research and Reponse blog June 22.

A new variant of the Trojan Popureb burrows deep enough into the Windows operating system that users are recommended to reinstall the OS in order to remove it.

There are thousands of these recommendations out there Trojan deep in my system :)

pgpav2003, Apr 29, 2017
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Trojan deep in my system

You may want to consider d/l ing the suggested malware scanners beforehand onto a FD or to your PC so that they will be ready to run once you have run RKill.

First off, d/l & run RKill, this will attempt to terminate any malware processes running in the background. Do not reboot after running RKill, instead immediately run a malware scanner. Rebooting will allow the malware processes to run again.

Next d/l SuperAntiSpyware portable and run it.

Trojan deep in my system [​IMG]
    Note Please note : The scanner is saved under a random filename so that malware infections won't block its execution.

It would be a good idea to d/l & install Malwarebytes Free & also run that.

Follow up with AdwCleaner. After running it, reboot your PC if it finds anything.

Hope this helps.

BTW, IOBit has somewhat of a shady past and you may wish to uninstall that & go with another program. They have been know to install PUP's as well as other spyware.

Borg 386, Apr 29, 2017
  5. Vikdal Win User
    Hi!

So i followed what you said from detail to detail and the problem seems to be solved. I uninstalled IOBit as well, because it had a shady past. The only problem is that the memory/ram which the computer is using is still higher than usual. Before i got the trojan i would use around 20% of my ram, now after the trojan, i'm using around 70% of the ram. This does not bother me a lot, but if i run either games or multiple programs, i have a chance of using all of my total ram. Is this normal? Can I fix this in any way? Thanks again for helping

Regards,

UPDATE: The trojan itself seems to be gone, but all AV is still Blocked as well as ADWCleaner and MalwareBytes.

Vikdal, Apr 29, 2017
  6. Vikdal Win User
    Vikdal, Apr 29, 2017
  7. dencal Win User
    dencal, Apr 29, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

Trojan deep in my system

Check this article on Bleepingcomputer. At the end is section about removing it

News was posted here about a week ago

AndreTen, Apr 29, 2017
  9. Vikdal Win User
    Hi!

Thanks again for helping me. The malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit got the same trojan over and over again, duplicated in different areas. Malwarebytes found 21 Trojan.Droppers and 1 Trojan.downloader and the computer seems to run fine. There is still abit of a high Memory usage compared with before, but i'm fine with that. I can still not download AdwCleaner even if i did what was said in the post above. I was able to remove the Reg that denied me access to windows Defender. (this was thanks to rKill). Any idea how to get these rights back?

UPDATE:
    Virus just backfired. I'm now getting popups once again and my background on web browsers has changed. Not sure what happend thought as i did not download anything.

Vikdal, Apr 30, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    If you have Smartscreen infection, try using following removal guide from Bleepingcomputer.

AndreTen, Apr 30, 2017
  11. dencal Win User
    After you had done the Mbam Anti-root scan did you tick all identified Trojans, then clicked Delete....IMPORTANT you must then Shut down the computer straightaway to complete the cleanup.

dencal, Apr 30, 2017
  12. Vikdal Win User
    Yes i did do so, but in the middle of the cleanups it crashes. I'm currently doing what AndreTen told me to do, but while running Zemana it does equal to the AntiRoot-Kit and crashes in the middle of the cleanup :/

Vikdal, Apr 30, 2017
  13. Borg 386 Win User

Trojan deep in my system

In addition to the suggested malware scanners, suggest you add TDSSKiller to the list to see if you have a rootkit present.

Note When running TDSSKiller, launch the program, click on the blue text "Change Parameters" & check the box marked "Detect TDLFS File system." Click OK & then run the scan.

Also it may help to go back to a restore point before the infection, provided this action isn't blocked. You may have to do this in safe mode if it is blocked in regular mode. Be sure to go 2 to 3 points back past the point of infection as malware can infect the 1st restore point so that the virus will reappear.

Another scanner you could use would be Norton Power Eraser. Please read the tutorial if you opt to use this.

Note Norton Power Eraser uses aggressive methods to detect threats, and there is a risk that it can select some legitimate programs for removal. You should carefully review the scan results page before removing files.

You also have the option of doing a refresh or a reset if the damage is too deep to restore normal operations.

Be aware that if you do have a rootkit it will have to be cleaned before using refresh or reset. A rootkit is a hidden boot partition that hides at the end of the drive & boots up before the OS, thus taking control over it before it has a chance to boot. Hence the reason some infection keep coming back.

Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Borg 386, Apr 30, 2017
  14. dencal Win User
    A suggestion...open Task Manager, under Processes look for any abnormal or suspicious programmes running especially anything linking to the Trojan and click on End Task.....then repeat MBAM Anti-Root scan

dencal, Apr 30, 2017
  15. Vikdal Win User
    I've already done so and also ran rKill to take out any hidden tasks.

Also, Do you want me to post the MBAR log files here? from both the first and 2nd time i ran it?

Vikdal, Apr 30, 2017
Thema:

Trojan deep in my system

1. Trojan deep in my system - Similar Threads - Trojan deep system

2. Deep sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deep sound problem: My microphone makes my sound deeper.It's like I'm speaking into the microphone from a far distance. The problem appeared instantly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deep-sound-problem/890a6965-41ff-4eb4-bbac-c761ba4383cf
  3. I forgot my pin after changing it recently and I am in deep deep waters :'

I forgot my pin after changing it recently and I am in deep deep waters :': Hello, I have a W11 LG Gram laptop model: 15z90pI was asked to update/change my pin as I do every month or so and I did. But after I I didn't go on my laptop for a couple weeks so I forgot the new pin. I thought I would get it so I kept trying a couple more times. It finely...
  4. Possible deep Trojan horse , Privileges escalating, rat, keylogger.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible deep Trojan horse , Privileges escalating, rat, keylogger.: Hello everyone and thank you for taking time to read this and Hope fully are able to assist me. I This is past my general understanding so greatfull for any and all feed back! About a month and a half a ago I noticed my CPU at 100% and really high ram use. When I started...
  5. Possible deep Trojan horse , Privileges escalating, rat, keylogger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible deep Trojan horse , Privileges escalating, rat, keylogger.: Hello everyone and thank you for taking time to read this and Hope fully are able to assist me. I This is past my general understanding so greatfull for any and all feed back! About a month and a half a ago I noticed my CPU at 100% and really high ram use. When I started...
  6. Possible deep Trojan horse , Privileges escalating, rat, keylogger.

7. Deep Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Deep Sleep: Computer: HP 1040 G3 OS: Windows 10 2004 I noticed in my BIOS settings, under Power Management, I have the option for "Deep Sleep" ticked by default. What exactly is "Deep Sleep?" Thanks! 161626
  8. Deep Scan

Deep Scan: While doing a deep scan with Microsoft Safety Scanner scanning just stops and closes. About halfway scanning window just disappears. No error message just gone. My machine has had the blue screen of death a number of times. Memory Management three times, IRQL, NOT LESS...
  9. A Trojan in my System

A Trojan in my System: Split from this thread. What happened was the computer froze. I had been on line for several hours and opening and running many programs. But when I wanted to shut the computer down, the windows icon that accesses the power button didn't respond. So, I did a...
  10. Deep Freeze Removal

Deep Freeze Removal: Can anyone explain to me how Deep Freeze work? And how to uninstall it? I tried doing it using the software's setup pack, but it didn't work *Sad 88152