Windows 10: Trouble accessing Device manager/ Only opens through Run

Discus and support Trouble accessing Device manager/ Only opens through Run in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i have recently found that when trying to open device manager either by going Start>Settings>Devices>Device manager or by typing in cortanas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by i cri ery tyme, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Trouble accessing Device manager/ Only opens through Run

Hi, i have recently found that when trying to open device manager either by going Start>Settings>Devices>Device manager
    or by typing in cortanas search box nothing happens. I dont get an error message it's just unresponsive. I can access it through the Run dialog box however.

Something which maybe related is when attempting to delete a "Private internet access" folder, i will be asked for admin permission, i give it and you see the the deleteion progress bar...but after, the file is still there...but also in recycle bin?
    So deleting it just creates a new copy and sends it to recycle bin?*sarc

I feel like this is some problem with admin permissions but i am system admin??

Hope i posted in correct section and thanks for reading. *Smile

EDIT. i have now been able to delete those files by using a "take ownership" registry edit.

:)

i cri ery tyme, Mar 18, 2017
  2. Mr. L1984 Win User

Vista computer will not recognize Windows 8 Phone?

When I am at Computer Properties I did see the Device Manager and I did open it and searched through it but didn't see the Phone on it. I am now wondering of it isn't the USB cable.

Mr. L1984, Mar 18, 2017
  3. julz1969 Win User
    Latest Windows 10 update has taken out my drivers was fine before....

....and we cant even open device and printers through control panel...it just wont open.....

Everything seem to be running through the desktop computer with windows 10 no problems at all, but with my Asus laptop have had nothing but trouble

julz1969, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Trouble accessing Device manager/ Only opens through Run

Well...shame no one helped me on this, I reinstalled windows and now everything is fine and dandy! There were loads of other little problems other than the ones i mentioned maybe my OS was corrupt or a virus idk but all good now.

i cri ery tyme, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

Trouble accessing Device manager/ Only opens through Run

1. Trouble accessing Device manager/ Only opens through Run - Similar Threads - Trouble accessing Device

2. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  3. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  4. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CANNOT OPEN DEVICE MANAGER OR RUN TROUBLESHOOTER!!!

CANNOT OPEN DEVICE MANAGER OR RUN TROUBLESHOOTER!!!: When I try to open Device Manager this pop up! PLEASE HELP!!! [ATTACH] When I try to Troubleshoot anything in "TROUBLESHOOT SETTINGS", This pops up!!! [ATTACH]...
  6. unable to add enroll only in device management through ofice 365 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to add enroll only in device management through ofice 365 account: windows hello finger print not working through domain user account and kindly advise me solution. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-enroll-only-in-device-management/99fe960e-7d0f-4b63-8602-ab1cccc96d14
  7. Can't open device manager (except through command prompt/powershell)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open device manager (except through command prompt/powershell): If I search for 'device manager' and hit Enter, nothing happens, clicking the "open" link from the search UI also does nothing. If I manually navigate to device manager in the control panel, again, nothing happens. I click on "device manager" under the devices and printers...
  8. Access to device manager denied.

Access to device manager denied.: I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M426FDW (new) and HP ENVY Desktop – 750 (year old). I first tried to install the printer from supplied install cd. It came back with an error, took to long to install, stopping installed. In addition, I download the install software for the printer...
  9. Updating drivers through device manager

Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  10. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77