Windows 10: Trouble booting up. EFI Shell Version 2.31 [4.653]

Discus and support Trouble booting up. EFI Shell Version 2.31 [4.653] in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; First of all I want to apologize if there a thread about this elsewhere but I have no idea where to look for. This is what I see almost everyday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Linthouse, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Linthouse Win User

Trouble booting up. EFI Shell Version 2.31 [4.653]

First of all I want to apologize if there a thread about this elsewhere but I have no idea where to look for.

This is what I see almost everyday when I turn the PC desktop on from over last 2-3 weeks...

Trouble booting up. EFI Shell Version 2.31 [4.653] [​IMG]

I have no idea what this is all about. I normally type "reset" or "exit" and go into BiOs and reboot it and I get to the desktop, no problem but in the last few days, it getting worse. Every time I reboots or reset it, it keep coming back to this. I has manage to get off it by force shut down this morning and come back okay but it worry me. Also, sometime I don't have that and went to desktop normal and then nothing work. I see my folder/firefox/program on my desktop but I cant open these, include my taskbar. Half of the time I force reboot it and it come back to this EFI shell. Another half it force reboot by itself with blue screen (not BSoD) with the message say, my PC not running correct or something like that (it come up and reboot that quick, barely got the chance to read it) and it came back to EFI shell again.

I could take it to repair shop but it bank holiday today so I have no chose but come here and ask for help and I don't normally come to the forum, so, sorry for lack of any other information.

So....any idea what is this about and how to fix it?

Ps, sorry for my English, I am deaf so my grammar are not that good.

:)

Linthouse, Apr 30, 2017

2. EFI Shell version 2.31 (4.653)

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to
      change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 30, 2017
  3. EFI Shell version 2.31 (4.653)

But i had a problem

I deleted my windows 10 and i wanted to download windows 7 and when i start it go to the shell 2.31

My laptop is acer one 10

Any help

RameshVSBN, Apr 30, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

What is your motherboard make/model number and BIOS version?

5. Linthouse Win User
    Motherboard : DT2410
    BIOS version : American Megatrends Inc. V3.0B12, 27/11/2012

Linthouse, Apr 30, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 30, 2017
  7. Linthouse Win User
    I has not make any change in my BIOS (I still have no idea what to do with BIOS), nor any hardware change. The last time anything change was replace my HDD in PC repair shop since my old HDD died on me (BSoD) and that was last year in July.

So, what you say, I should try switch the Fast Boot off? If that so I shall give it a try on the next day (got so many thing to do on my PC, haven't got time to try it out yet).

Edit: What sort of hardware fault that you think that can cause something like that?

Linthouse, Apr 30, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Well, if you've made no changes to the BIOS and no hardware changes recently, the greatest probability would be hardware related. It might even be as simple as cabling or a connector.

There is perhaps a chance that some update has resulted in a device incompatibility.
    Could you post a screenshot of your Update History around 2-3 weeks ago when this started to happen?

Also download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of it for each disk in your system.

(Screenshots: Use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post 'Insert Image')

dalchina, Apr 30, 2017
  9. Linthouse Win User
    Update history, do you mean windows update?

EDIT: that program look really confused might take a while for me to look through all that and post some Screenshot (unless you give me some point where to take the ss (I only got one HDD)).

Linthouse, Apr 30, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Settings, search Update, click the top result, click Update History.

Scroll down to see history around the date of interest.

To create a screenshot type snip in Cortana's search field on the taskbar and click the result. Then use the Snipping tool.
    (Screenshots: Use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post 'Insert Image')

dalchina, Apr 30, 2017
  11. Linthouse Win User
    Ah well, there a problem...it didn't show me anything. I've forgotten to mention to say, that last week, that I had been signed in with a temporary profile error. I had fixed it, thank to Brink's tutor. Think that might have cause, not showing me any history.

And I don't mean the screenshot on window update, I mean for Hard Disk Sentinel, still confused where to look for and take the screenshot of it.

Linthouse, Apr 30, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member

- like that, for each disk if more than one.

dalchina, Apr 30, 2017
  13. Linthouse Win User

Thank you, that all I need to know.

Here the screenshot...

As for update history, like I say, it didn't show me anything.

Linthouse, Apr 30, 2017
  14. EdTittel Win User
    I had a similar problem on an MSI Z87-G45 motherboard recently, and it turned out to be a progressively worsening problem with the BIOS chip itself. As long as you can access the BIOS, you'll be able to keep using that system. But if it's anything like mine was, eventually you'll get only error messages from the BIOS itself and it won't boot any more not even into BIOS/UEFI. I switched motherboards when I could only get A2 (SATA error) or 99 (USB error) codes from the system and nothing more than that. Sorry for your trouble.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 30, 2017
  15. dalchina New Member
    Thanks Ed. So.. best see if you can get some expert hardware advice... you can find some references to this report on the internet - nothing very definitive.

Just search for (e.g.)
    EFI Shell Device mapping

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble booting up. EFI Shell Version 2.31 [4.653] - Similar Threads - Trouble booting EFI

2. EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]: Hello.... do someone know how to fix this? I'm new at this and i don't even know why this is happen. All i know is i really don't use the laptop much after i buy it and when i tried to open it again it become like this...
  3. EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]: Hello.... do someone know how to fix this? I'm new at this and i don't even know why this is happen. All i know is i really don't use the laptop much after i buy it and when i tried to open it again it become like this...
  4. EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. EFI Shell start up error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Shell start up error: I bought my mother a mini PC to plug into the back of her TV a year ago. Intel chip, Windows 10, it has run perfectly normal until now. Whenever it starts up, it goes to this EFI screen and no matter how many times I hold the power button and restart it, I get the same...
  6. EFI Shell start up error

EFI Shell start up error: I bought my mother a mini PC to plug into the back of her TV a year ago. Intel chip, Windows 10, it has run perfectly normal until now. Whenever it starts up, it goes to this EFI screen and no matter how many times I hold the power button and restart it, I get the same...
  7. EFI Shell start up error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]: Hello Microsoft community, I recently got this error while trying to clone my local disk to my hard drive, not sure why the error showed up. The error message is in yellow text and has something to do with EFI Shell, a image is shown below. If any knows a solution please let...
  9. EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]

EFI Shell version 2.70 [5.13]: Hello Microsoft community, I recently got this error while trying to clone my local disk to my hard drive, not sure why the error showed up. The error message is in yellow text and has something to do with EFI Shell, a image is shown below. If any knows a solution please let...
  10. EFI Shell version 2.31 [4096.1]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI Shell version 2.31 [4096.1]: Buenas tardes, Estaba trabajando normalen mi equipojefe y apareció la pantallacasa azul, se reinició solo y aparece efi shell version 2.31 [4096.1] ayuda por favor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. EFI Shell version 2.31 [4.653]

2. windows 10 sytart in efi shell version 2.31

3. konka tablet stuck at efi shell version 2.31

4. nu vot