Windows 10: Trouble connecting Ipod through usb port

Discus and support Trouble connecting Ipod through usb port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi hope you can help. I have been having trouble connecting my old but still fully functioning Ipod Mini with my HP laptop. I keep getting a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oliver4ID, Jul 20, 2018.

1. oliver4ID Win User

Trouble connecting Ipod through usb port

Hi hope you can help.

I have been having trouble connecting my old but still fully functioning Ipod Mini with my HP laptop.

I keep getting a message popping up that there is a problem with the driver. I have tried all the USB ports, no difference.

The cable I am using to connect must be working ok as I can see all the music stored on my ipod when I go onto iTunes but I cannot access the data or save anything onto it.

Any ideas?

:)

oliver4ID, Jul 20, 2018
  2. garyjd Win User

Ipod will not sync and is not recognized by usb port

That's another problem, There is no Apple Mobile Device listed on my device manager. I have iTunes installed and the device charges but does not sync and show as being connected when I open iTunes.

Trouble connecting Ipod through usb port [​IMG]

garyjd, Jul 20, 2018
  3. garyjd Win User

No, nothing there. I've never owned a Dell and will NEVER own one again. I'm astounded at some of the trivial things with this computer that has turned into rocket science. I did however discovered/remembered there are two more USB 3.0 ports on the left side base of the PC. To my surprise the ipod appears to be working correctly. Why it won't work with the ones on the right side is a puzzle to me. My printer is connected with the one on the right side and works fine. Not sure what the deal is between USB 2.0 ports and 3.0 ports?

garyjd, Jul 20, 2018
  4. garyjd Win User

I have a Dell Inspiron 24 (7459) 7000 Series with Windows 10. I am unable to get either of my Ipod Nanos (6th and 7th generation) to sync with iTunes. Neither device will sync and does not show up as being connected to the pc. I've tried to resolve the issues by looking at a number of articles and videos with no success. The ipods will charge but are not recognized by the pc. I had issues with my pc a week ago and had to reformat. Before this my ipod worked fine. Any other suggestions outside of what's on the internet?

garyjd, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble connecting Ipod through usb port - Similar Threads - Trouble connecting Ipod

2. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  3. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  4. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to connect an ipod

how to connect an ipod: I have an old ipod model A1285 and it will not connect to my windows 120 laptop. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-an-ipod/0682b41e-05bd-414f-8587-08fe03d984f3
  6. how to connect an ipod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect an ipod: I have an old ipod model A1285 and it will not connect to my windows 120 laptop. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-an-ipod/0682b41e-05bd-414f-8587-08fe03d984f3
  7. how to connect an ipod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. power draining through USB ports

power draining through USB ports: how can I stop USB port's power draining when my PC is shutdown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-draining-through-usb-ports/95721261-3d7d-4fd8-b626-e28bf242fc3e
  9. Trouble with USB connection

Trouble with USB connection: Hi all, I have a Traktor Kontrol S4 mk2 (DJ controller) that I have used with this PC for a few months with rarely any issues. Recently (a few hours ago) the computer has not connected to the device properly - audio and power is coming through the USB, but no software is...
  10. Ipod will not sync and is not recognized by usb port

Ipod will not sync and is not recognized by usb port: I have a Dell Inspiron 24 (7459) 7000 Series with Windows 10. I am unable to get either of my Ipod Nanos (6th and 7th generation) to sync with iTunes. Neither device will sync and does not show up as being connected to the pc. I've tried to resolve the issues by looking at a...