Windows 10: Trouble discovering WDCloud on my Laptop

Discus and support Trouble discovering WDCloud on my Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All *Smile I'm having problems accessing my WD External storage (WD) device from my Laptop. The WD is connected to my router and I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steve smarts, May 21, 2016.

1. Trouble discovering WDCloud on my Laptop

Hi All *Smile

I'm having problems accessing my WD External storage (WD) device from my Laptop. The WD is connected to my router and I have no trouble accessing it from my desktop under the "Network" tab in windows explorer.

The problem is my laptop..

So on my laptop, under "This PC" the WD shows up in the "This PC>Network Locations" folder but under the "Network" drop down (in explorer) it only shows itself, ie: it does not show my printer or the WD device or my TV despite these showing up in "This PC>Network Locations" - why?

By comparison the "This PC>Network Locations" folder on my desktop shows all my devices AND the "Network" folder also shows these devices, with the WD listed as a "storage device".

How do I change the settings on my laptop (running windows 10) to "see" and access the WD and TV and printers. Again it shows these devices under the "This PC>Network Locations" section but they are not visible under the "Network" folder in windows explorer? Makes no sense...

I have disabled my virus scanner thinking it might be a firewall issue but still no fix..

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

SS

Update** - Now my laptop is visible to everyone on my WIFI - I don't want this lol...help pls...im really not liking windows 10..*Confused

:)

steve smarts, May 21, 2016
  2. ShawnSez Win User

my laptop is not discovering my htc windows 8x

Try another cable. I have a mess of cables that can charge my WP8/WP7 devices but fail at data transfer.

Failing that try another USB port or different computer to help troubleshoot.

Good luck.

ShawnSez, May 21, 2016
  3. my laptop is not discovering my htc windows 8x

In theory, after you install, connect your device and it will install the drivers Jeremy.

This is very important:

If you have not done so already, it will ask you to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer). Do it now from here:

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center

After that, be sure you have no Important updates waiting in
    Windows Update
    then install the windows app preview 3.

Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, May 21, 2016
Thema:

Trouble discovering WDCloud on my Laptop

1. Trouble discovering WDCloud on my Laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble discovering WDCloud

2. My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.: I tried doing everything, from restarting bluetooth services, uninstalling form device manager, updating software, and a couple of restarts. I can't also pair my phone to my laptop due to the bluetooth not working. PLS HELP :...
  3. My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.: I tried doing everything, from restarting bluetooth services, uninstalling form device manager, updating software, and a couple of restarts. I can't also pair my phone to my laptop due to the bluetooth not working. PLS HELP :...
  4. Laptop will not discover headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop will not discover headset mic: Hello, I recently factory reset my ASUS Q551LN laptop and updated to Windows 10 and now it's having issues with discovering the mic on my Turtle Beach Recon 50 headset. When I plug it in, it only acts as headphones. I know the mic is working as it is functional on my other...
  5. trouble in signing in to my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trouble in signing in to my laptop: Hi there! I'm unable to sign in to my laptop as i have forgotten the password. On the scree it's showing tro set up pin.. but its not working, also my finger print is not working too. please help me resolve this. I'm using dell inspiron 5502. Windows 10 20H2 64bit...
  6. Having trouble with my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble with my laptop: My old laptop that I bought about 5 years ago is really acting up on me. Sometimes it will bootup to Windows and about half the time after the bios loads up it freezes up on my and I'm getting stuck at a blank screen with a curser at the top left of the screen. My laptop...
  7. Trouble logging into my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble logging into my laptop: Everytime I sign into my computer it resets all my settings to factory settings and asks me to sign out of my account and restart. This doesn't fit it. Any ideas?...
  8. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?: Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired...
  9. my laptop will not discover blue tooth audio device

my laptop will not discover blue tooth audio device: my Windows 10 Lenovo G500s Touch will not discover my Bose SoundLink speaker. I have no other devices to try to discover but I reset the device and my phone discovered it and linked up with no problem. When I try to find the speaker, the laptop just searches endlessly with no...
  10. Trouble with my laptop

Trouble with my laptop: The sound of my laptop has stopped working, until last night it worked, but today in the morning it's gone At first it was heard with low volume, but then it just went away...