Windows 10: Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition

Discus and support Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to download the Windows 10 Anniversary edition, I get error messages like “Something went wrong. Couldn’t download Windows 10. Check your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roger2362, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Roger2362 Win User

Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition

I'm trying to download the Windows 10 Anniversary edition, I get error messages like “Something went wrong. Couldn’t download Windows 10. Check your network settings, and try again.”

And when I try the Media creation tool, it appears to begin downloading, and stays on “progress 0%” for a half hour or more, until I cancel it.

Help!

:)

Roger2362, Sep 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I have been having problems with sticky notes since I downloaded the new windows 10 Anniversary update. I have been having trouble opening and editing sticky notes.

sundarsekar, Sep 15, 2016
  3. PB2005 Win User
    Microsoft Edge not working properley after Windows 10 August Anniversary Update

Interesting - new driver released by NVidia today 372.54

When you download it from the NVidia website you can now choose

Windows 10 32 Bit

Windows 10 64 Bit

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 32 Bit

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 64 Bit

Not seen why Anniversary Edition is a separate download but might work.....

Update: Downloaded both 64 bit versions and both exactly the same size and MD5 Hash is identical...

PB2005, Sep 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Download the ISO, not the creation tool. Windows 10 ISO If it is not working for the tool, it can be third party security software causing the issue.

Make sure that you go through and turn off all of the Telmetrics stuff and change in updates to not reboot when you get the ISO installed as a Clean Install. Just make sure that you back up your system before doing the install, along with have all of your product licenses to reinstall the software.

If you wish to store your documents and other stuff off site if you do not have a Pocket Drive, Amazon allows you 30 days free for their unlimited Cloud Service. Well worth the price for the long term to keep photos on there.

bro67, Sep 15, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    If you are already on Windows 10 1511, you don't need the Media Creation Tool. Go to the link posted in post 2 and download the correct version that matches your current one (version, language and bit rate). Once the download is complete, put it on your desktop, r-click Mount and run the setup.exe at bottom of files list. Make sure any 3rd party antivirus are turned off or uninstalled and follow the prompts, choosing to keep your personal files or not. Will take about 1.5 hrs to install so be patient and do not interrupt.

mrgeek, Sep 15, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    mrgeek, some people download the tool to create the USB key to install. That way if something happens, they have a way of reinstalling Windows 10.

bro67, Sep 15, 2016
  7. mrgeek Win User
    bro67; Thanks, I certainly understand the importance for some people to create a backup recovery USB, but I find the majority of people trying to use the tool are actually trying to upgrade or repair in place and think the tool is necessary, when it is actually optional and may create boot issues on some systems. I interpreted the op's post as downloading Anniv to upgrade his present system. Sorry, if I misunderstood which only he can clarify if he returns.

mrgeek, Sep 16, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

We can blame Microsoft for dumbing down the user base when they started coming out with all kinds of gimmicks. I would rather have had them stick with the older conventional way with XP. The tool was just their way of inspecting the OS to make sure no one was running a fake copy.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition - Similar Threads - Trouble downloading Anniversary

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor: I need a link to download Win10 Anniversary edit. I want to format tablet and install fresh. I installed current builds and it won't allow me to do many functions... control panel / device manager / on screen keyboard, etc....
  3. Trouble downloading Minecraft Win10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble downloading Minecraft Win10 Edition: I have Windows 10 Pro and I can't download Minecraft Win10 which I already own because Error 0x8000FFFF shows up and can't even get into the page.[ATTACH]...
  4. Anyway of directly downloading Win 10 Anniversary Edition

Anyway of directly downloading Win 10 Anniversary Edition: The Forum post of how to use media creation tool no longer gives option of downloading Creator vs. Anniversary edition upgrade. I need the Anniversary build for Adobe Dimensions install....
  5. windows 10 anniversary download link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 anniversary download link: windows 10 anniversary download link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-anniversary-download-link/6576ed0d-d10e-49f2-8999-d50f86902275
  6. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update download: Where is the best place too get this update,running 1511 now. Want to download to usb for another computer if possible 63540
  8. Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Good morning every one. I realize we're all suffering from boredom while waiting for the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10, but I'm trying to make plans for a clean install and the apps I will want to add. I figure I'm not alone in this quest, so I thought we could all weigh...
  9. Want to download ISO of version BEFORE anniversary edition

Want to download ISO of version BEFORE anniversary edition: Anybody know where I can download the previous version? I d/l the anniversary and I don't like it. I've been searching for an hour and can't find any site (Msft or otherwise) that offers an earlier version to download. I want to do a clean install. Thanks. 60923
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...