Windows 10: Trouble installing 10

Discus and support Trouble installing 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to install 10 preview build 9926 as a dual boot with Win 7. I have a separate blank hard drive for the Win 10. Using a DVD with the ISO burned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by otisdog, Mar 22, 2015.

1. otisdog Win User

Trouble installing 10

Trying to install 10 preview build 9926 as a dual boot with Win 7. I have a separate blank hard drive for the Win 10. Using a DVD with the ISO burned on it.
    When I try to install after getting into "custom install" it states I can't install because my disks have the MBR setup and GPT is required for EFI systems.
    Can anybody tell me what's going on?
    Thanks
    Jim

:)

otisdog, Mar 22, 2015

2. Windows Update on Windows 10 stopped working

Dear Microsoft Community,

after my Windows 10 Home Installation Windows worked perfectly fine. After 2 days though, my Windows Update stopped working completely. I cannot download anything from the Windows/ Microsoft Store either. I really want Windows Update to
    work again because I need it for essential updates and for example .Net Framework 3.5 to use older programs/ games. Generally I always get the same error message: Error 0x80040155. This error affects every single update. I tried to live without
    Windows Update but I am starting to realize that it should work. My PC is a custom built, if that affects anything.

My question for you is now what I could possibly do to get my Windows Update working again. I already tried several steps mentioned on the internet

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756,

Windows 10 Windows Update Error 0x80080008 - TeckLyfe,

Windows Update Error 0x8024a206 and 0x80080008

but none of those has helped, not even the Command Prompt application. I do not
    wish to reinstall Windows because I have a lot of data on it already. Thank you for your helpTrouble installing 10 ;)

Windows 10 Trouble, Mar 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 /Windows Update failure error code 0x80040155

Original title: Windows 10 /Windows Update failure

Dear Microsoft Community,

I was having trouble with my custom built PC since the start. Finally though, everything started to work perfectly fine, until one day when I was trying to install the newest, essential Windows Updates, the same error message showed up over and over again.
    (Error 0x80040155) I tried using cmd prompt and tried to fix Windows Update, which was not successful. Now I am also having trouble to install .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0) which is essnetial for running some kind of programs, for example some games.

So my last choice was to hope for an answer from you guys and I was wondering if you could help me out. I would really appreciate this as it is not possible for me to just ignore the fact that Windows Update is not working properly.

(Other information: OS is Windows 10 Home)

So as I mentioned before, in the Windows Update screen I am always getting the error message mentioned above.

I hope someone can find a solution for my specific problem,

Thank you in advance.

Windows 10 Trouble, Mar 22, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Trouble installing 10

5. otisdog Win User
    Thanks Dude.
    Using Rufus to create setup on a USB drive worked. The Win 10 preview no longer required GPT disks.
    Installation of Win 10 preview was a success alongside Win 7 on a separate hard drive.
    Jim

otisdog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Trouble installing 10

1. Trouble installing 10 - Similar Threads - Trouble installing

2. Trouble with installing WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  3. Trouble with installing WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  4. i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio: Hello!I hope to have your support for me. I help some troubles when I installed Cpp for Visual Studio code. I don't know how to fix it. Many thanks!!!...
  5. i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio

i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio: Hello!I hope to have your support for me. I help some troubles when I installed Cpp for Visual Studio code. I don't know how to fix it. Many thanks!!!...
  6. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  7. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  8. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

9. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...: excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime Error 60:1096 please help, i cant install shareit on my microsoft surface...
  10. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...: excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime Error 60:1096 please help, i cant install shareit on my microsoft surface...