Windows 10: Trouble installing "Eraser"

Discus and support Trouble installing "Eraser" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have used the app for several years to securely delete any confidential items, but it not working now, I decided to download and install the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chipwood, Mar 17, 2016.

1. chipwood Win User

Trouble installing "Eraser"

I have used the app for several years to securely delete any confidential items, but it not working now, I decided to download and install the current version.

Last install met no problem, but now immediately I approve a progress bar pops up for the installation of Net Framework, and a failure message
    . I cannot see where or what the extraction target is meant to be. is there anyone who can help with this? Please!

:)

chipwood, Mar 17, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Mar 17, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Trouble installing "Eraser" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Trouble installing "Eraser" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Trouble installing "Eraser" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Trouble installing "Eraser" :)

musum, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Tried installing the one at the link I posted and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware didn't like it and deleted it.

Trouble installing "Eraser" [​IMG]

So I'll pass on installing it for now.

Ztruker, Mar 18, 2016
  6. chipwood Win User
    That's the one! There is also a Link in Source Forge to another link for
    a non-runtime installation. Whatever that is!

chipwood, Mar 18, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    What happens when you try to use Eraser? What error or symptom do you see?

Never mind, you already said what the problem was, sorry.

Try right clicking on the installer, Eraser 6.2.0.2970.exe, and select Run as Administrator.

I just installed it and got an error message saying .NET xx.xx.xx would not install as it was already installed. Clicked OK and the install of Eraser continued without any other error.

Ztruker, Mar 18, 2016
  8. chipwood Win User

Tried run as admin, but got same as before with no ".NET xx.xx.xx would not install as it was already installed. ".

chipwood, Mar 18, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Click 'Close' on the .NET... window and continue with the installation.

Edwin, Mar 18, 2016
  10. chipwood Win User
    Can't! There's no close option, only cancel which is greyed out. I also tried Task Manager to kill NF, but that kills total installation.

chipwood, Mar 18, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Are you current on updates? The version of .NET Eraser wants should already be installed and you should get a message to that effect with a Close button. You should be at version 1511 Build 10586.165 (run winver from Run box to check).

Ztruker, Mar 20, 2016
  12. chipwood Win User
    Seems not; winver shows I'm at .164! I thought Windows 10 updated automatically!*Confused

chipwood, Mar 20, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

Sorry, typo, 164 is the correct value.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble installing "Eraser" - Similar Threads - Trouble installing Eraser

2. Trouble installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing Windows: I have a PC without an OS that I want to install Windows to. The drive that I want to install it to is an NVMe SSD. Some pertinent infoMoBo - Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC. SSD is the only drive in the PC apart from occasional USB boot drive.SSD is in good condition, works and...
  3. Installation Troubles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation Troubles: Just got a new Windows 10 OS, I had to get one because I had to replace my old hard drive with a new HDD, the PC boots up fine, but when I get to the Loading files screen, the bar keeps on freezing on the I in files. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I already tried...
  4. Trouble installing

Trouble installing: So I am trying to install W10 and when I try to install it through a USB Drive, Windows doesn't detect my SSD. It tells me to insert drivers or something. What do I do? (I am running Ubuntu now and Linux seems to have no problems detecting the SSD drive, even Manjaro did)...
  5. Trouble Installing OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble Installing OS: Hello all, I am trying to install Windows 10 on a newly built PC and keep encountering error code 0x8007000D. I have already tried the DISM command fix, but encounter another error error 50 DISM does not support Windows PE /Online option I have also reset the BIOS to...
  6. Installation trouble!

Installation trouble!: ok, so, i started off with a locked 4th gen i5, b250 mobo from gigabyte, 16gb DDR4 ram, an RTX 2070, and two hard drives. decent for light gaming and photo editing. i needed some major upgrades as i have really dived deep into videography. i got a Ryzen 9 3900x, Asus TUF...
  7. Installation of Windows Trouble

Installation of Windows Trouble: I have been trying to install Windows and reset my PC, yet at the start up screen a pop up saying “ The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then...
  8. Eraser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eraser?: Hi I have used 'Eraser' removing files/data for yrs, since moving to Win 10 everything still seemed fine considering its Build 6.0.10.2620. I was just wondering if I should download the latest build & what was the latest pls? I can't update 'Eraser' within program, just get a...
  9. Trouble installing 10

Trouble installing 10: Trying to install 10 preview build 9926 as a dual boot with Win 7. I have a separate blank hard drive for the Win 10. Using a DVD with the ISO burned on it. When I try to install after getting into "custom install" it states I can't install because my disks have the MBR...
  10. trouble with install

trouble with install: I have just got a computer with windows 10 on. I previously had all my CAD software on windows 7. I have had to upgrade as my old computer died. my problem is I have 1 possibly 2 programs that I cant even install from windows 8 and 10. I am not sure what options I have? the...