Windows 10: Trouble installing optional features from Settings

Discus and support Trouble installing optional features from Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am having trouble installing optional features from Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features? If I select any feature to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arunpratheep, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Trouble installing optional features from Settings

Am having trouble installing optional features from Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features? If I select any feature to install (such as English(GB) Handwriting) all that happens is the view refreshes and the feature isn't installed. Additionally, I constantly get notifications throughout the day that "Windows is adding features" and then immediately a notification that "Something happened and we couldn't install features"

:)

arunpratheep, Jul 30, 2015
  2. RWallace3 Win User

Trouble installing optional features from Settings

Rubbish window 10, try to constantly install unwanted features ie. Cortina, use chrome os instead,

RWallace3, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Trouble installing optional features from Settings

I am sick and tired of this nonsense I want to cancel installation of those features how do I do that ?

Serge Gerrard, Jul 30, 2015
  4. HBHB Win User

same here man, few possibilities : either a bug, ms server prob, firewall blocking the sce or else not sure
    I will check on this, could b also the fact that wifi is set to metered connection....

yes , indeed it was wifi set to metered that prevented install. Uncheck that, and it will work

HBHB, Aug 2, 2015
  5. HBHB Win User
    ...then u can reset it to Metered

HBHB, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Mine was already unchecked still cant install additional features,am using cellular network rather than wifi but it is not set as metered.

arunpratheep, Aug 2, 2015
  7. HBHB Win User
    maybe that is why, you need to try wifi to verify if possible. As soon as I unchecked Metered wifi, i was able to install flawlessly.Maybe win 10 sees cellular as metered automatically, not sure...

HBHB, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Trouble installing optional features from Settings

Trouble installing optional features from Settings [​IMG]

See its not set as metered..

arunpratheep, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble installing optional features from Settings - Similar Threads - Trouble installing optional

2. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  3. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  4. Optional Features Installation from Settings in Windows 11 takes a whole lot of time!!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features Installation from Settings in Windows 11 takes a whole lot of time!!!!...: Hi,The Windows 11 Optional features Installation has gone way too slow taking about 11-15 mins per feature and sometimes failing too!! This is on a heavy-resources machine... The windows features installation on Windows 10 was way faster and productive than this on Windows...
  5. Optional Features Installation from Settings in Windows 11 takes a whole lot of time!!!!...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features Installation from Settings in Windows 11 takes a whole lot of time!!!!...: Hi,The Windows 11 Optional features Installation has gone way too slow taking about 11-15 mins per feature and sometimes failing too!! This is on a heavy-resources machine... The windows features installation on Windows 10 was way faster and productive than this on Windows...
  6. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  7. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  8. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  9. Trouble installing 20H2 feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing 20H2 feature update: I have attempted to install this update on a number of occasions but it fails with the following error code 0x800700a1. I used the update troubleshooter which made a number of changes to my laptop but now it says "my device is missing important security & quality fixes".I...
  10. Optional Features not installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Features not installing: I'm running Windows 10 Pro N 1909 and try to install the media feature pack and media player through the optional features but it still doesn't install. Same through powershell. I've turned off metered connection. Its needed for MFS2020 as it throws up a winmovie_z error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage optional features how to check progress