Windows 10: Trouble manually checking for Windows updates

Discus and support Trouble manually checking for Windows updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings all (smile). I'm trying to manually update windows, and I'm receiving an error message. "There were some problems installing updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by James500, Nov 27, 2016.

1. James500 Win User

Trouble manually checking for Windows updates

Greetings all (smile).

I'm trying to manually update windows, and I'm receiving an error message.

"There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)"

Help!

:)

James500, Nov 27, 2016

2. Having trouble checking updates, setting up cortana, signing into outlook

Nate

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in
    the period immediately after the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a
    language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your One Drive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Having trouble checking updates, setting up cortana, signing into outlook

I've been using Microsoft edge. I also tried with internet explorer 11 and still the same problem.

As for the second thing I'll go ahead and go ask at the link you provided.

NateHarris_959, Nov 27, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try running the Update troubleshooter. If you type "update trouble" into the Cortana/search box, you'll see an item entitled "Find and Fix Windows Update problems" come up that you can click and run. Another pathway: Control Panel --> Troubleshooting --> Fix problems with Windows update." If you're lucky, this will fix things; if not, there are other threads here that provide more profound fixes, most notably Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Trouble manually checking for Windows updates - Similar Threads - Trouble manually checking

2. Where's my manual check update button??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's my manual check update button??: what the hell is going on it's missing after I installed kb5029352 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheres-my-manual-check-update-button/ecbd7a29-7b9f-4904-9014-89d40f6c50be
  3. Where's my manual check update button??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's my manual check update button??: what the hell is going on it's missing after I installed kb5029352 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheres-my-manual-check-update-button/ecbd7a29-7b9f-4904-9014-89d40f6c50be
  4. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Updates: Is there a way to install updates manually instead of Windows installing them automatically? I don't really trust Microsoft after that hidden update that upgraded computers to Windows 10....
  5. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  6. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  7. Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates: I'm on 20H2. Windows Update works mostly fine for me--automated update checks occur, and the last round of monthly updates came in without issue. When I launch WU, I see "You're up to date." But whenever I manually check for updates, I get: Error encountered There were some...
  8. windows update manually

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update manually: we have a environment not connected to internet. please send us the procedure to do windows update manually . Also send us the link to download updates for windows 10 , windows 7 , windows XP , windows server 2003 , windows server 2008 , windows server 2012 and windows server...
  9. Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops

Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops: Hello, I work for a small company and we purchase and resell refurbished Lenovo laptops that our customers use with the equipment that we manufacture. As the most computer savvy employee, I've been updating and activating each batch of laptops as they arrive. As I'm sure we...
  10. Manual Update?

Manual Update?: How do I do a manual Windows 10 update? thanks 16379